For the first time in a long time, today I was practically trotting to the stadium, excited to see us in blue again, desperate not to be late and intrigued about how the fans would react.

First impression was there wasn't a red scarf in sight, even the lady near me who normally wears a red shirt and scarf had dug out an old blue shirt and scarf for the occasion. It rankled with me for a moment, but only for a moment, today wasn't the time or place for such thoughts.

"Mr Blue Sky" was playing, there was a sea of blue, and then I spotted Mehmet Dalman and Kenny Choo, resplendent in his bright blue jacket coming out of the tunnel. Others quickly spotted them, there were smiles, handshakes, ayatollahs, and in my case for the second day running, Cardiff City had brought a tear of joy to my eye. As they passed us on their way to the Canton, the applause got louder, the smiles grew broader and I found myself having to turn my head away so my mate wouldn't see me struggling to hold it together.

Then there was Ali, introducing the teams "THE BLUEBIRDS", a roar went up, maybe not as loud as many of us remember, but surely the loudest heard at the CCS for three seasons.

A minute's applause while Ali read out a fitting tribute to Karen Fiteni, reminding us that there are some things more important than a colour, yet also that there is a unique connection, based on that colour, between Bluebirds, whether at the ground in body or living on in our memories.

The match started, the chant of "The boys are back in blue..." started, and the boys did indeed deliver, albeit from a scrappy finish from yet another set piece. The second goal that would've allowed us to relax never came, proving that some things never change. The rendition of "We'll always be blue" on 19.27 was arguably the best yet, this time sung in celebration rather than protest.
When the volume inevitably dropped, unlike in recent memory, something spurred us on to crank it up a notch.

So on to the final whistle, a win for city, blue kit restored and another chapter written in the barmy history of Cardiff City.

Hopefully now, the only thing to focus on will be the football.