+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Realistic Transfer Targets

Realistic Transfer Targets

Ok, I know this has been done to death but it's Sunday and I'm bored so humour me. After yesterday's showing it was apparent to me and everyone around me that we desperately need a new striker, winger and combative midfielder. We seem to have lost our confidence in front of goal, deliveries into the box are poor and we keep losing possession far too easily.

So who realistically could we sign to make a real difference?

For all noone's hard work his final ball is dreadful. We need someone with accuracy and experience. There are a few decent wingers available and someone like Matt Jarvis or Chris Brunt would be great for us. Brunt maybe a little out of our reach but Jarvis has barely kicked a ball West Ham this season and could be available on loan. Slightly more achievable would Burnleys Ross Wallace who would appear to be surplus to requirements at Burnley. He has good experience and a good work rate. Junior Hoilett at QPR is also available and he is also worth a shout.

Up front this season we have been piss poor. We need a fox in the box. For me the likes of Glenn Murray, Chris Wood, Ricardo Vaz Te would all do a good job for us. They all come with a good championship pedigree and it would appear they are all available.

Probably the most important position of all that needs addressing is central midfield. whItts and Gunnarrson are not the answer. We need a combative type player who can keep the ball. Someone mentioned Mark Noble is out of contract in the summer and he could be just what we need. Matt Phillips is another one that can't currently get a game and would be definatley worth a look at and what about Wilson Palacios who is kicking his heals at Stoke. Lump of a man and could give us the steal we have been lacking.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Realistic Transfer Targets

It was myself who mentioned Mark Noble. It will never happen but we can dream.

Alexander Tettey off of Norwich, Will Buckley from Sunderland and Assombalonga from Forest, all realistic targets that would sort the team IMO.

Ben Watson at Wigan.

Contract up in the summer and won't sign a new one.

B 2 B.

Chris Wood is a good shout. Also I would look at trying to nab Alex Pritchard on loan (unless Brentford have him for the season)

I like the idea of Adam Matthews returning and wouldn't mind seeing Chris Burke down here to replace Daelhi.

Lewis McGugan - with Dæhli gone I'd like to see McGugan in as a CAM with 2 CDMs playing behind him, 2 wide men, and 1 up top.

Jobi McAnuff - Slade took him to Orient, seemed weird that he'd dropped down a division after captaining Reading for years. I reckon he's still got a couple of years left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 15:04
    Ben Watson at Wigan.
    Who's the fella that you were on about a few moths ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 15:38
    Ben Watson at Wigan.
    B 2 B.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 15:41
    Ben Watson at Wigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 15:38
    B 2 B.
    No need to insult him

Chedwyn

Khaleem Hykand from Genk will hopefully be signing on a free. (Buying out his own contract to join Cardiff apparently).

Any other players being linked?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 14:32
    Ok, I know this has been done to death but it's Sunday and I'm bored so humour me. After yesterday's showing it was apparent to me and everyone around me that we desperately need a new striker, winger and combative midfielder. We seem to have lost our confidence in front of goal, deliveries into the box are poor and we keep losing possession far too easily.
    Sadly, the loan market is one we could already have dipped into but as the window comes to a close and players are faced with a choice, they wont choose Amiable Idiot Russell Slade.

I imagine that the days of us signing players that we've already heard of are gone.

This is probably going to go down like a sack of shit, but given that Pilks is injuerd and Nooney just isn't who he was last season....... Scott Sinclair, anyone?

Edit: Or Serge Gnabry from Arsenal on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis wrote on Thu, 15 January 2015 14:22
    This is probably going to go down like a sack of shit, but given that Pilks is injuerd and Nooney just isn't who he was last season....... Scott Sinclair, anyone?
    Too much flair for Slade I'd imagine anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Thu, 15 January 2015 14:26
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis wrote on Thu, 15 January 2015 14:22
    Edit: Or Serge Gnabry from Arsenal on loan?
    No wait a minute, your correct he has too much flair for Slade.

I think we are definitely entering a new phase with regards to the transfer policy at this club. The likes of Ole and Malky had big 'war chests' at their disposal but I very much doubt Slade does.

To be honest I don't think its a bad thing that Slade is being forced to unearth affordable talent. Sometimes when you have a lot of money to spend it easy to become complacent.

It would appear he has identified what the needs of the team are if you believe the press. We have to get a striker, a holding midfielder and a winger. I would imagine Slade will have to patient with his targets and see what develops with other teams.

With regards to strikers Leicester apparently want upto £5m for Chris Wood which is way over priced so unless they come down on that a loan move would be more likely. Ricardo Vaz Te has just completed a loan move to Akhisar Belediyespor in Turkey so he's one we can scratch from the list! Other that have been mentioned like Eoin Doyle and Glenn Murray are all still possibilities but my guess is that Slade will sign someone none of us are expecting a bit like his last 2 signings.

Nolan go and get Nolan Ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkhablue wrote on Thu, 15 January 2015 15:16
    Nolan go and get Nolan Ffs!
    Nolan won't come here. He despises us!! I remember him being an even bigger c*nt than normal against us in the play-offs.

Demary Gray best young winger in the championship