+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fan to sit on the board?

fan to sit on the board?

Dust your cvs off people apparently Tan is open to having fan representation on the board.

Re: fan to sit on the board?

I nominate Bevanroadblue. He seems articulate and intelligent. Go get him Tan.

Dai Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:26
    Dai Hunt
    B 2 B.

I'd like to take this opportunity to highlight that I recently took Wrexham to the champions league places on football manager.

Sian gets my vote.

TLG for me

Big Gwyn

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:23
    Dust your cvs off people apparently Tan is open to having fan representation on the board.
    I've turned it down

It has to be the fans leader. Although I suppose it depends on if ***** will let him miss out on date night.

Surely it has to be Big Gwyn? He's got his finger on the pulse and he is an expert negotiator.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif[/IMG] Otis wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:33] Sian gets my vote.

Tim Hartley or Since 62

It would have to be Since62 wouldn't it? No offence to some of the others but would they have the experience on the ins and outs of a lot of the items going on?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 13:17
    It would have to be Since62 wouldn't it? No offence to some of the others but would they have the experience on the ins and outs of a lot of the items going on?

TLG for me.

We've got politicians and other people whose livelihoods are based around negotiation and debate as fans. I'd prefer one of those to represent me in all honesty, even if I don't like their politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 13:27
    This is a good call, but I think we have a few fans capable of holding their own at Board level. I think all fans should be capable of applying for election to this position.
    Ultimately there would be good examples elsewhere in the football world that postively adopt this model so time shold be taken to understand the best types of approaches and arrangements for this type of representation

Keith, Sian, TLG - I'd be happy with any of those three.

With a "fan" sat on the board, is it a job ie- getting paid. Or a voice of the fans, and just pops in from time to time? Basically is it a full time thing, or a hour a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:00
    With a "fan" sat on the board, is it a job ie- getting paid. Or a voice of the fans, and just pops in from time to time? Basically is it a full time thing, or a hour a month?
    More towards the 'Voluntary, hour a month' I'd guess

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:05
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:00
    More towards the 'Voluntary, hour a month' I'd guess
    Ah ok then. Thought as much.

No offence to since62, but I doubt this fan is going to be there to approve the accounts or get involved in the finances. It'll just be to give a fans viewpoint on things.

I hope they do their homework and avoid the "usual divisive suspects" (I exclude TOBW, MM and Since62 from that) and they appoint someone who's been around the block a bit and can adequately represent us in a thoughtful, sensible, professional but enthusiastic manner as befits the vast majority of our support.
    We do not need "I want the old badge back etc" brigade, which "old badge" I always ask myself.

Apparently they have hundreds of e-mails from last weeks request for "comments", I would have someone read each of those in the first instance to see if someone has a sensible view of the whole situation.

I've employed thousands of people over the years and I would say I knew who I would appoint to a particular position before interview in about 85% of cases, simply by how they shone through on a page.