+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fan to sit on the board?

Re: fan to sit on the board?

IF there was tobe a position for a fans rep on the board I would like to see someone who views things in an even handed way as possible . To me someone like TOBW would be as good as anyone as he could report matters back in an articulate and even handed way with no real bias .

Wouldn't the best position to give a place on the board to the trust rather than a specified individual. The members of the trust vote on who makes up the committee. So there is a course of action in place if fans become unhappy.

Not sure why people are suggesting TLG. He isn't a fan anymore is he? at least not until Tan goes. Keith would be ideal in my opinion although I think the trust Idea is a great one

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:56
    Surely it has to be Big Gwyn? He's got his finger on the pulse and he is an expert negotiator.
    Gwyn is an obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:23
    Wouldn't the best position to give a place on the board to the trust rather than a specified individual. The members of the trust vote on who makes up the committee. So there is a course of action in place if fans become unhappy.
    With what has gone on the past few years, it would be good to have say 5 people on the board, all of who get to vote and get our say on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:32
    This actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe increase the members aswell.
    The committee of the trust is answerable to its members and if people think they are doing a terrible job they can join and either stand for election of vote for someone else.

I think any fan representative must come from the Trust if he or she is to be accountable fans. But if I were the club I wouldn't allow such an arrangement until the Trust itself is a truly representative organisation I would specify that the Trust must have at least 2000 paid up members before the arrangement could be triggered. If fans didn't join the Trust in sufficient numbers I would say they do not deserve representation on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:03
    I think any fan representative must come from the Trust if he or she is to be accountable fans. But if I were the club I wouldn't allow such an arrangement until the Trust itself is a truly representative organisation I would specify that the Trust must have at least 2000 paid up members before the arrangement could be triggered. If fans didn't join the Trust in sufficient numbers I would say they do not deserve representation on the board.
    The trust is the only body that i feel can provide that representation as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:34
    TLG for me

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:17
    I feel that some fan representation is better than none.
    That is true as far as it goes. But it has a very small memebership - of which I am one- which allows its enemies in certain quarters to call into question its representative status and argue for consultation through other channels which are neither democratic or representative. Greater membership for the Trust is only way to combat this.

Agreed, it would also lead to the Trust getting a bigger membership.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:20
    I hope they do their homework and avoid the "usual divisive suspects" (I exclude TOBW, MM and Since62 from that) and they appoint someone who's been around the block a bit and can adequately represent us in a thoughtful, sensible, professional but enthusiastic manner as befits the vast majority of our support.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:37
    Would be nice for the club to say for every (so many) members join the trust, we could have another member on the board up to a maximum number.
    One seat on the board - perhaps a non-voting position. Trust allowed to buy shares - when they get a certain percentage, that board member is allowed to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:34
    The trust is the only body that i feel can provide that representation as it stands.
    The Trust may gain members with responsibility, and be left without credibility without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:38
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 14:37
    Would be nice for the club to say for every (so many) members join the trust, we could have another member on the board up to a maximum number.
    With what has gone on the past few years, it would be good to have say 5 people on the board, all of who get to vote and get our say on things.
    Time will tell, but if someone can put an offer to the club, we will hopefully be in a place where we the fans have a voice.

Could the Trust get together with the club - increase ST prices by a tenner - thereby making every ST holder a member of the Trust? Fans could have the option to opt out and, for those of us who are not attending, we still have a chance to join the Trust and vote on a representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:52
    I'm not necessarily a fan of that, you would like to think the individual is joining the trust out of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:34
    That is true as far as it goes. But it has a very small memebership - of which I am one- which allows its enemies in certain quarters to call into question its representative status and argue for consultation through other channels which are neither democratic or representative. Greater membership for the Trust is only way to combat this.
    The Trust is an organisation run by a group of volunteers. It is difficult for them to attract new members - I suggest they speak to the club in this new age of "listening", ask them to include Trust membership in the Season Ticket price, and give ST purchasers the option to opt in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:53
    Could the Trust get together with the club - increase ST prices by a tenner - thereby making every ST holder a member of the Trust? Fans could have the option to opt out and, for those of us who are not attending, we still have a chance to join the Trust and vote on a representative.
    All it needs is a tickbox on the renewal form. It doesn't have to be small print. People need to join out of choice, but some people may not be aware of the Trust, how to join, or even what it does.

whoever gets it good luck to them. I imagine their inbox will be quite full.

I don't think having a fan on the board is a great idea necessarily, I am sure there are plenty of subjects/discussions that are best left in the board room and very difficult to get one fan that can represent all fan opinion.

I do think better fan engagement is needed and the meeting around the rebrand seemed a great forum, I would far prefer a quarterly meeting in a similar format than a board position.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:55
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:53
    I'm not necessarily a fan of that, you would like to think the individual is joining the trust out of choice.
    No matter what i think of the running, i still feel that it is the only organisation that can handle and deal with board representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty P wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:59
    I don't think having a fan on the board is a great idea necessarily, I am sure there are plenty of subjects/discussions that are best left in the board room and very difficult to get one fan that can represent all fan opinion.
    We had quarterly meeting with PR, he just used it as an opportunity to spread his spin.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 16:01
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty P wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 15:59
    I do think better fan engagement is needed and the meeting around the rebrand seemed a great forum, I would far prefer a quarterly meeting in a similar format than a board position.
    A slimmed down version of the rebrand forum held regularly would canvas a greater and therefore truer feeling amongst fans in my opinion.

Has to be Keith for me