+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shame on you Welsh football fans!

Re: Shame on you Welsh football fans!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 10:43
    Ashley Williams has shown significantly more desire to play for Wales than James Collins who drops out of every single squad. Maybe if Collins didn't automatically expect to be picked for the starting team and instead came into the camp, trained hard, showed what he could do in training to Coleman and took his chance when it inevitably come then he'd be in the team, however he seems to have no desire to play for Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 09:30
    From 2012 to present he's played in 5 games for Wales. Wales have played 22 fixtures in that time. He sure is unlucky to get so many injuries around the time of internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by pencoedjack wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 10:52
    Thing is when a welsh game is on Collins always seems to be injured yet plays for club following week
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 10:36
    Myth, check your facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gronovic wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 01:04
    Cookie the Clown actually left him out of a squad once when he was fit!
    So he recovered from an injury in 7 days, it's hardly a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 10:53
    Ashley Williams has shown significantly more desire to play for Wales than James Collins who drops out of every single squad. Maybe if Collins didn't automatically expect to be picked for the starting team and instead came into the camp, trained hard, showed what he could do in training to Coleman and took his chance when it inevitably come then he'd be in the team, however he seems to have no desire to play for Wales.
    He 'drops out' when he's injured!
    Check how many meaningful games he's missed.

Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:00
    I'd have done the same if I was Collins, how can Coleman justify leaving out our best and most experienced defender?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:01
    He's one of the proudest Welshmen you could ever meet, and one of the hardest trainers!
    I like Collins and wish he was more committed to Wales but sadly the stats prove that he isn't. Say what you like about Williams but he's been superb for Wales recently and has shown a much higher level of commitment to the cause

Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:06
    He's one of the proudest Welshmen you could ever meet, and one of the hardest trainers!
    Where did you get your facts from?
    Collins is committed to Wales, he's just not committed to our current manager and captain, and he's not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:09
    And if I was my countries best defender, I'd expect to be picked for every squad!
    Thats going to work well isn't it....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:15
    And if I was my countries best defender, I'd expect to be picked for every squad!
    From 2012 to present he's played in 5 games for Wales. Wales have played 22 fixtures in that time. He sure is unlucky to get so many injuries around the time of internationals.
    But you knew that

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:21
    You're correct, he has been plagued with injuries throughout his career, the way he plays he is always going to pick up the odd injury here and there. i.e. tackling and heading!
    It was an open goal. I couldnt resist.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:21
    You're correct, he has been plagued with injuries throughout his career, the way he plays he is always going to pick up the odd injury here and there. i.e. tackling and heading!
    To be fair, it wasn't one of your best pieces of supporting evidence was it?

Try google > James Collins pulls out of Welsh squad you'll see how 'committed' he is

Game,Set and Match!!!!!

Thats an unfair representation - he got sent off against Belgium and missed some through suspension

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 11:50
    Jimmys' A level sarcasm is wasted on you!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 12:42
    He has to pick and choose his games carefully, and money making friendlies for the FAW are low on his list of priorities.
    Not at all -stop wriggling!!!You have had a bit of a battering on here-but you know that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 13:00
    He has to pick and choose his games carefully, and money making friendlies for the FAW are low on his list of priorities.
    Maybe you could then highlight my "batterng"

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 13:12
    Always an excuse, in that time he's played around 100 club games in all competitions so injuries don't appear to have restricted his game time with Villa/West Ham too much.
    Why?It's there for all to see.Another wriggle-your struggling now.A different obsession than Ash might help you

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 16:02
    Always an excuse, in that time he's played around 100 club games in all competitions so injuries don't appear to have restricted his game time with Villa/West Ham too much.
    I like Collins and wish he was more committed to Wales but sadly the stats prove that he isn't. Say what you like about Williams but he's been superb for Wales recently and has shown a much higher level of commitment to the cause
    See you in Israel!

GB using your analogy, should the captain of Cardiff City be a Cardiff Born player ?

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 18:26
    GB using your analogy, should the captain of Cardiff City be a Cardiff Born player ?
    A Grangetown captain!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 16:46
    Collins is committed to Wales, he's just not committed to our current manager and captain, and he's not the only one!
    OCD

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 18:54
    Ah so you want Welshmen that would like to choose their own manager and Captain?
    P R I D E

The sooner Collins retires the better

Do you have a siren linked to this forum in your bedsit that goes off when Captain colossus is mentioned ?