+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rudy Gestede - £4.5m bid from Hull?

Re: Rudy Gestede - £4.5m bid from Hull?

Good for him.

He was limited for us, and at the time we were a side on the rise. We were (perhaps arrogantly) only interested in players that we felt could make an impact in the EPL, and at the time it was widely acknowledged that he would not, and as such getting rid of him seemed sensible. Now we are a side without a competent striker, Gestede would likely be the star of the show.

Sometimes you get rid of players that go on to do far better than anticipated - we let Dean Saunders go when we were even worse than we are now. It's just the way it goes really.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 23:02
    Rudy was hopeless for us and offered very little in the time he was here. Really not sure why there are many who think of him as being any good for us.
    This board has lots of posts like this. Clueless and abject.

Rudy can't fail

Rudy was brought on by Malky when a game was lost to jump up and cause havoc. He could not control the ball very well and in the system we played he was a handful on a handful of occasions, nothing more.

Its great to see the 'experts' proclaiming he was great and they 'knew all along' but he wasnt. The same experts told us Frazier would go on to score a load of goals in the Premiership but he can barely get a game for a bottom three team. Last season for another bottom three team he was automatic choice.

Hull have paid a small amount in todays money when put against Premier League survival and you can bet your bottom dollar Rudy will be a substitute brought on to be 'a handful on a handful of occasions' yet again.

He might well have developed into a better player but to hear the 'told you so's' is a bit rich.

He isnt better than anything we currently have except for the increasingly fat Macheda.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 23:49
    Rudy we shit for us, we even had to teach him how to jump properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 23:34
    He's done well at Blackburn but I think he would help Hull to get relegated if he went there.
    when is this training going to start then?

i remember after the league cup final liverpool players saying they thought he was the biggest menace that Cardiff had - a right handful to play against causing no end of problems.

I think our board experts have better footballing knowledge about what constitutes a decent striker rather than experienced premier league defenders so I'm going with the Rudy is shit camp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 12:19
    Rudy was brought on by Malky when a game was lost to jump up and cause havoc. He could not control the ball very well and in the system we played he was a handful on a handful of occasions, nothing more.
    He'd be our first choice striker and we'd be higher up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback2blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 12:31
    i remember after the league cup final liverpool players saying they thought he was the biggest menace that Cardiff had - a right handful to play against causing no end of problems.
    That's just plain stoopid - you can't really believe that our posters know more about football than Premier League............WAIT A MINUTE!!

Didnt we have to teach McNaughton to "jump" properly as well to prevent injuries?

He wasn't a bad player, but most people weren't bothered when we let him go last year.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:52
    Another great Malky deal and we bought Cornelius instead. Why does it always happen to us. Guerra will be scoring next you watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:42
    Pretty sure we bought Helguson instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:39
    You are probably right but how can you give Rudy away and pay x amount of millions for Cornelius. There again I suppose thats football.
    We bought Cornelius instead of Rudy- helguson and Rudy were both with us the season we walked the league- that must have been why!

the worst player I have ever seen for us, hopeless bambi on ice.
    Yes he has done better at Blackburn but I will never rate him.

hows your energy drinks business rudy?

Rudy was hopeless for us and offered very little in the time he was here. Really not sure why there are many who think of him as being any good for us.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 13:08
    Another great Malky deal and we bought Cornelius instead. Why does it always happen to us. Guerra will be scoring next you watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:52
    Pretty sure we bought Helguson instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:42
    You are probably right but how can you give Rudy away and pay x amount of millions for Cornelius. There again I suppose thats football.
    Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:39
    Back yourself!
    How many games did Rudy play in that promotion winning season? My thoughts were that he was already on his way out the door but that season is the one I know least about.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Ell. wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 13:15
    Just from the CCS era, there have been plenty worse than him.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 15:15
    Utter gash

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback2blue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 12:24
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 23:49
    He's done well at Blackburn but I think he would help Hull to get relegated if he went there.
    We also have to teach the whole squad how to kick the ball. Think they call it training.
    Yeah, maybe it's easier said than done.

The only reason he didn't do so well for us is because he'd go on a run of 5 or 6 games, get in to some good form then get injured. As a target man he is brave, powerful and despite looking clumsy at times he did actually show some excellent touches and could even strike from distance. He did so in a the Carling Cup match against Huddersfield I believe... 30 yarder

Quote Originally Posted by Misty BLUE wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 15:29
    this

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif[/IMG] valley boy wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 22:39] Another great Malky deal and we bought Cornelius instead. Why does it always happen to us. Guerra will be scoring next you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty BLUE wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 15:29
    Macheda for a start.

It's not often you here people requesting 'macheda for a start' on this forum

if you say so