+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before we have a100% armed police force?

How long before we have a100% armed police force?

Currently the police force is approx. 3%x armed.

Re: How long before we have a100% armed police force?

As soon as what happened in Paris happens here sadly.

Cops with guns won't stop crime anymore than cops without guns ....

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 10:21
    French police were already armed and that didn't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 10:23
    Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 10:21
    French police were already armed and that didn't stop it.
    Agreed I don't want to see it happen but that will be the response

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 10:22
    I agree with this but I think you misunderstood the question, I think it will be before 2017

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 10:30
    I agree with this but I think you misunderstood the question, I think it will be before 2017
    I'd say a lot longer that, maybe 2040 as the britsh public won't let it happen for a while yet IMO

20 years or more, I won't be to concerned, I imagine being in the uk any use will be highly scrutinized and they will literally be there if you need them I suppose.

First Team

It will be a while yet.
    I can see the widespread issue of Tazers in preference to guns as I don't think that either the public or politicians want to go down this road, at the moment.
    Be interesting, if there any coppers who post on here, what the feeling is about being given guns amongst the rank and file officers.

It won't happen. A lot of police would never carry a taser never mind a firearm. Amnesty want less sto's (non firearm police) carrying tasers. To carry a sidearm you have to be pretty competent as expected. There is no way all cops could pass the national afo assessment to carry a sidearm.

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 10:16
    It wont stop everything, it will be expensive and time consuming , the question is whats is the value of life , this is not going away and may end badly ????

by this summer, I hope. I think cops look cool with guns and shades

Depends if Cameron gets kicked out or not, he's all for a police state by the looks of it. I think a Lib/Lab coalition would be our best bet if we want our country to stay a place that we can still recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:15
    Think you need to see how successful it is in the USA ,it will stop nothing just lead to nutters buying weapons.
    There are only 150 returning fighters expected, so just tail them 24/7 or apply for a court order to put those specific 150 under electronic surveillance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:24
    Depends if Cameron gets kicked out or not, he's all for a police state by the looks of it. I think a Lib/Lab coalition would be our best bet if we want our country to stay a place that we can still recognize.
    I must have missed that-where did he say he is all for a police state?Have you got a link I would like to read what he had to say?

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:32
    I must have missed that-where did he say he is all for a police state?Have you got a link I would like to read what he had to say?
    He wants to remove encryption and introduce surveillance on everybody. To my knowledge only China, North Korea, Iran and Russia do that (maybe a few others too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:36
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:32
    He wants to remove encryption and introduce surveillance on everybody. To my knowledge only China, North Korea, Iran and Russia do that (maybe a few others too.)
    Ah! OK.

Banned

Decades

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:55
    No, but they'll be a damned sight more effective in keeping us in our place should push come to shove.
    Where else would that happen? it's like me employing somebody then being told they can do what they like but I'm never allowed to criticize or sack them, complete madness, people will still go along with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 12:31
    No, but they'll be a damned sight more effective in keeping us in our place should push come to shove.
    With recent events, I'm sure guns will be on the Agenda if Cameron survives the election. I was watching BBC in bed this morning O.K Mrs. R it's mainstream news but I thought it was going this way listening to some interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:29
    Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:15
    Think you need to see how successful it is in the USA ,it will stop nothing just lead to nutters buying weapons.
    My view is we :
    Because they are not the only threat 7/7 was way before the new threats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 12:39
    Indeed, it will be illegal to criticize the government soon too, people who question the governments version of events are as dangerous as isis
    They will sell us the idea over time with fear stories and many mentions of "had he been armed this wouldn't have happened" and that kind of stuff, that's how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:02
    Indeed, it will be illegal to criticize the government soon too, people who question the governments version of events are as dangerous as isis
    Where else would that happen? it's like me employing somebody then being told they can do what they like but I'm never allowed to criticize or sack them, complete madness, people will still go along with it though.
    Problem, reaction, solution? Clever stuff ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:02
    It was quite surreal when I was in Texas (Walmart) that guns were for sale just like a packet of corn flakes
    Works a treat every time sadly.