+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long before we have a100% armed police force?

Re: How long before we have a100% armed police force?

I can't see the police routinely carrying firearms. They are civilians in uniform and they have to remain that way. They stop being police and end up state militia/paramilitary when armed. We in the uk don't need that

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:51
    Depends if Cameron gets kicked out or not, he's all for a police state by the looks of it. I think a Lib/Lab coalition would be our best bet if we want our country to stay a place that we can still recognize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:36
    I must have missed that-where did he say he is all for a police state?Have you got a link I would like to read what he had to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:32
    He wants to remove encryption and introduce surveillance on everybody. To my knowledge only China, North Korea, Iran and Russia do that (maybe a few others too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 11:24
    Ah! OK.
    Put what you sent me in the PM in this thread-I see nothing wrong with it if it's your view/opinion or agree with it.I don't think we will have police carrying guns nor do I worry about my civil liberty.Fortunately we all have differing opinions and are and will remain free to express them for a long time to come!!

My brother in law was on armed response.

he said if Wiltshire had a major indecent, it could take upto 45 mins to get to the incident depending on where it was in the area and where the response team was

a scary thought really in todays climate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:27
    Depends if Cameron gets kicked out or not, he's all for a police state by the looks of it. I think a Lib/Lab coalition would be our best bet if we want our country to stay a place that we can still recognize.
    I must have missed that-where did he say he is all for a police state?Have you got a link I would like to read what he had to say?
    He wants to remove encryption and introduce surveillance on everybody. To my knowledge only China, North Korea, Iran and Russia do that (maybe a few others too.)
    Ah! OK.
    Put what you sent me in the PM in this thread-I see nothing wrong with it if it's your view/opinion or agree with it.I don't think we will have police carrying guns nor do I worry about my civil liberty.Fortunately we all have differing opinions and are and will remain free to express them for a long time to come!!
    I don't know about you but I think if we get to a point where we can't criticize the people we put in power we are in big trouble.

it takes more cowardice to shoot at a cop without a gun than with.

The sooner the better. Tool them up with AK47's.

I think there needs to be a wider debate on the subject. Clegg and Miliband seem to be taking a more pragmatic view, whereas Cameron seems to be of the mind that you are either with us or against us (shades of George Bush.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 14:14
    Ah! OK.
    That's not strictly true, should I not have the right to criticize or express my lack of trust of the government? Did you see Camerons speech at the UN not long ago? he told the U.N. that "non-violent extremism" is just as dangerous as terrorism and must be eradicated using all means at the government's disposal, He references 9/11 and 7/7 Truthers as examples of the type of extremism that must be dealt in a similar fashion to ISIS, he is officially announcing a the plan to use a full assault on dissenting views.
    You have said nothing that changes my opinion.Not sure either what you were saying is not strictly true???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 14:45
    Ah! OK.
    That's not strictly true, should I not have the right to criticize or express my lack of trust of the government? Did you see Camerons speech at the UN not long ago? he told the U.N. that "non-violent extremism" is just as dangerous as terrorism and must be eradicated using all means at the government's disposal, He references 9/11 and 7/7 Truthers as examples of the type of extremism that must be dealt in a similar fashion to ISIS, he is officially announcing a the plan to use a full assault on dissenting views.
    I don't know about you but I think if we get to a point where we can't criticize the people we put in power we are in big trouble.
    That we will remain free to express them for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 14:55
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 14:45
    Ah! OK.
    You have said nothing that changes my opinion.Not sure either what you were saying is not strictly true???
    I think differently.

There were 31,000 annual excess winter deaths the last time I checked. When are we going to have a war against people dying of cold due to a lack of heating?