+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The forgotten man Guido Burgtstaller speaks:

The forgotten man Guido Burgtstaller speaks:

Guido Burgstaller was after the coaching change at Cardiff City deported to the B-team. He is still on the british island, but definitely wants to switch.

The adventure in Cardiff City had for Guido Burgstaller started so promisingly. With Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- he had a coach who trusted him fully.. Burgstaller paid it back with good performances. However, since the departure of Solskjaer has the 25-year-old in a difficult position.

Burgstaller: New coach and no chance
    " Russell Slade came and told me that he will not give me a chance. He would not even look at me. It was a shock, "said" Burgi "in the sports week . "Now I look around for something new to offer. That is clear.

Burgstaller fell after these statements into a hole. "I have my worst slump now behind me. When slade came and took over he told me that I have no chance with him." Nevertheless, the Burgi train every week to the best of his ability, even if he knows to come on the weekend again only the reserve team to use. "This is something I experience in my career for the first time."

A return to Austria, he has ruled out. He wants to stay on the abroad. It was always my dream to play here. I'm not going to give up at the first opportunity."

Especially because Burgstaller has shown what he can do. "In every friendship game I made a goal, and when Solskjaer was here there was a chance in the League Cup. I just know that it is not because of my footballing qualities."

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/international/england/45861 42/Guido-Burgstaller_Vom-neuen-Trainer-wurde-mir-gesagt-ich- bekomme?direct=4637752&_vl_backlink=/home/fussball/inter national/england/4637752/index.do&selChannel=
    Often the line between hype and total oblivion is quite narrow in football. The seven-time Austrian international Guido Burgstaller knows this well. A strong season at SK Rapid , games in red-white-red and a desire to change to English football - it looked so good. But his island dream turned out to be horrible. No season, no contact with the coach, isolated training with the youth team and a rather crazy club owners - Cardiff City is not a club to stay.

Therefore, the Carinthian is also at club search. "Right now, it's exciting," says Burgstaller talking to Sportnet. "I'm waiting for the decision of Cardiff - whether I can go or not." How it could come to that at all, the 25-year-old can not answer specifically. Why? Because he does not know. "The new coach came to me a few months ago and told me that I get a chance and I may look for a new club. Now let's see just how we can best resolve the situation."
    Vincent Tan's influence
    Only guesses he can do. And it does not result in coach Russell Slade back. "I do not think that proceeds from the coach. My questions of why are always blocked." One whites Burgstaller certain: Lots of pressure exercised by the controversial Cardiff owner Vincent Tan from. That was already under Slade's predecessor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer , who brought Burgstaller the club to do so.

"There was a lot of influence from the owner on the coach and the team Rumor has it that this is also the reason why Solskjaer is gone because the benefits it can not have been -.. Were not outstanding, but certainly for this motley crew okay . With a little time would that works. "

In English media Tan is a prominent protagonist - and that, although Cardiff after relegation from the Premier League again takes place in the Championship. Measly 1.3 billion US dollars, the Malaysian difficult. After all, he brought Mc Donald's in his homeland. And Cardiff City is his toy. First he changed the blue club jerseys in his favorite color red and the traditional bird in the jersey also had to say goodbye -. Dragons are so much more impressive. Over 100 years of home games in blue were history.
    "The owner intervenes too much in. A few days ago, he has only the club's colors changed back to blue. Never peace in the club, always theater," says Burgstaller out of school. Statements that emphasize the numerous bizarre media reports. After a victory Tan strutted into the cabin to require more long shots. His argument: Statistically land so two of 20 in the gate. But that's harmless. Not for nothing Tan was the American Journal USA Today to the "worst owner in sports" selected - the "worst club owners". According to Metro Tan urged that more players with the number eight will be required in the date of birth - a figure that in Malaysia has a very special meaning.

But that does the offensive player does not have much to do. And the England adventure could soon be completely finished. "It's hard to stay in England, when you have so little played. There are just too many good players. It is already not easy to come here as an Austrian. I'm lucky if there is an acknowledgment that I can get away Then I can look at which teams are interesting There are all countries interesting, which can also be Belgium if the club fits But it is clear... I want to stay abroad from there I can fight back to the national team. "said Burgstaller.

A loan is not in question. "Otherwise in six months i will be back in the theatre and it starts all over again." Currently Burgstaller trains with the U21. Like all the other players who may not be in the squad. Meanwhile his advisor working on exit plan. "But this is not easy, otherwise I would be long gone."

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/international/england/46377 52/Klappt-der-Wechsel-Guido-Burgstallers-InselHorror

Re: The forgotten man Guido Burgtstaller speaks:

Is he the Swedish chef from the Muppets ?

I don't speak austrian sorry, so you will have to do with the crappy google translate

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:12
    I don't speak austrian sorry, so you will have to do with the crappy google translate

Too many good players in England. I think this might be the nub of the problem for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:18
    Too many good players in England. I think this might be the nub of the problem for him.
    i don't think he is outstanding but i don't think he is worse than some of the deadwood we are playing on a weekly basis. Looked hard working, quite physical and not too shabby on the ball. Certainly rather have seen him play then Macheda.

Understood we did the translation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:23
    i don't think he is outstanding but i don't think he is worse than some of the deadwood we are playing on a weekly basis. Looked hard working, quite physical and not too shabby on the ball. Certainly rather have seen him play then Macheda.
    I wonder why he's not getting a look in?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:25
    Understood we did the translation anyway.
    Come so far the time for once.

He was awful when I saw him in a pre season friendly

Macheda can bugger off. But they're different positions?

"Never Peace. Always Theatre."

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:32
    Didn't Burgstaller play up front pre-season? Scored a couple of goals didn't he? Or am I think of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Gød Willing wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:33
    Quote:
    I would actually be OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:25
    ^THIS
    He appears to be saying that it's Tans decision. If it's simply the need to reduce the squad size because of economic reasons then surely he could be told this.

He did play up front a few times in pre season, but yeah i would give him a go instead of le fumble too since you ask.

I'd forgotten about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:34
    Didn't Burgstaller play up front pre-season? Scored a couple of goals didn't he? Or am I think of someone else?
    Didn't think he was that attacking but I could well be wrong. Happy to bow to opinions of others on this.

Quote Originally Posted by HP Source wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:37
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:25
    ^THIS
    I wonder why he's not getting a look in?
    Maybe he has a large appearance bonus fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Gød Willing wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 13:33
    Quote:
    It's spot on.

What if Burgstaller, Guerra, Daehli were popular lads? You have to assume that this was how Slade dealt with them too.

if Whittingham really did tell a tradesman at the house that the players can't stick Slade then all the body language we can see might have some real meaning.

The Penguin wrote.....if Whittingham really did tell a tradesman at the house that the players can't stick Slade then all the body language we can see might have some real meaning.

Link!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 16:09
    The Penguin wrote.....if Whittingham really did tell a tradesman at the house that the players can't stick Slade then all the body language we can see might have some real meaning.
    Yeah? Where did that come from?

Slade did not give certain player a chance. He is such a bad manager he probably listened to Young's every word and took it as gospel about players Young did not like.