+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manager's post match reaction from Carrow Rd

Manager's post match reaction from Carrow Rd

Slade: 'Defending was the worst I have seen since have been here'
    Cardiff boss Russell Slade was left to rue a poor first-half performance from his side.
    "We have seen it before, at Brentford and Bournemouth, where we have left ourselves with too much to do," he said. "I called for a response from the players and half-time and their reaction was excellent - but it's tough when you go three down..
    "In the first half I thought we were a threat going forward and we could have scored three goals ourselves, including the penalty. But our defending was the worst I have seen since I have been here. We had an extra man in midfield so we should have been nice and solid, but that was anything but the case.
    "We know we can match the top sides like Norwich and we did that for a spell. But we need to be doing it for a decent period and once again that wasn't the case."
    Norwich manager Alex Neil was impressed with his side for an hour before the ending the game as a relieved man.
    "I thought we were excellent for 60 minutes and the bottom line is that we have come away with the three points, so I am happy with that," he said.
    "In the first half we were always a threat going forward, we were strong in midfield and also defended well. I couldn't have asked for more.
    "We also started the second half well but then they scored their goals and the game changed. I don't remember them having too many chances after that, while we had four or five breakaways which we should have made more of - but the overriding emotion at the end was one of relief because we really shouldn't have been in that position."
    Neil was critical of the poor defending that let Cardiff back into the game.
    "It's strange because last week at Bournemouth we defended really well with 10 men to see the game out," he said. "Here, we failed to deal with two straight balls for the first goal while the second was a bog-standard clearance that should never have resulted in a goal.
    "That is something we need to work on - and I also sensed some anxiety in our play when Cardiff got back into it and that will also need to be addressed. But overall I am delighted with the three points."

Re: Manager's post match reaction from Carrow Rd

I feel for Slade. Brought in to do a dirty job. Get rid of the high earners, bring in a load of division 1 players and pretend the goal is promotion. Unluckily for Slade its only Lawnmower that believes this nonsense.

"We'll have to improve or change personnel"
    "The worst defending I've seen since I've been here"

Nice one Russell, keep those motivational skills honed. This squad has the lowest morale I've seen at the City since I can remember. Slade is a fackung numpty, end of.

Humpy Dumpty in a baseball hat.

As a City fan of many years, a more pathetic post match interview from our team mananger, I've yet to recall.

He (Slade) is about inspiring as a bag of rotting tomatoes.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Le Fondre shouldn't be starting and that we desperately need a midfield dominator who has to be leader/ captain!!

Slade is not the way forward!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 00:53
    As a City fan of many years, a more pathetic post match interview from our team mananger, I've yet to recall.
    Tan was smart enough to fall on his sword with regards the kit, let's hope he will with regards Slade's appointment too!

Quote Originally Posted by Stano wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 03:34
    All in the 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 23:43
    I feel for Slade. Brought in to do a dirty job. Get rid of the high earners, bring in a load of division 1 players and pretend the goal is promotion. Unluckily for Slade its only Lawnmower that believes this nonsense.
    What Slade said about today is mainly a fair reflection and much of it is backed up by what Norwichs manager says

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 07:37
    Anyone with half a brain can see that Le Fondre shouldn't be starting and that we desperately need a midfield dominator who has to be leader/ captain!!
    All of which means that they're as inept up front as they are at the back.

I touched on it in another thread, Norwich are Not the side that we played last time and there defensive woes in the second half are indicative of their season, like ours.

This was not Bournemouth, or, more worryingly, Boro.

Slade rewards the players who perform to his gameplan by announcing that without improvements THERE WILL BE PERSONNEL CHANGES. Nice touch of team building.

The frightening thing was that Slade stated that " well we played with an extra man in midfield, that should have made us more solid "

We played with a striker dropped into midfield. That only works with a natural 10 who can play in the hole. Just putting 'someone in there' isn't enough.

He seems completely and utterly lost this buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 17 January 2015 23:54
    "We'll have to improve or change personnel"
    Wasn't it you who used to criticise Malky for trying to find the positive in every game and refusing to talk about the negative?

This is the worst response I have ever witnessed from a Cardiff manager....RS has not got a clue what he's doing. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but out of his depth.

His post Norwich interview is being led by the Journalists, not by him!

A change is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 11:04
    This is the worst response I have ever witnessed from a Cardiff manager....RS has not got a clue what he's doing. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but out of his depth.
    It's odd how that's become an indicator of how trusted a manager should be, not just in football either as it's happened with the 9ers this past week.

We missed a penalty and failed to hit the target with any of those chances!

It all looks more worrying by the day. This Hyland fella is still being looked at and Slade tells us that Balde is one for the future. He also tells us he needs a couple of signings maybe but that he will reassess in the summer.

Pop-pickers, 2014-15 is now officially a 'let's stay up' season as we await the ultimate sacking of this pillock.

Slade is either totally in denial or just hoping he might fool Tan long enough to hang around. This is his one and only Championship job because after this, he will be back where he belongs.

The old phrase "too good to go down" is beginning to ring in my ears. Of course we cannot get relegated under this man.

Someone reassure me for christs sake.

Same Old Same Old.... Suggest that as manager he gives them a few tips at training perhaps - or if we have a defensive coach ask him to pull his finger out. If not get one in - Oh sorry I forgot about Scott Young he was a defender for a while?

These excuses can only last for so long

Let's be honest, he doesn't really care anyway does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Stano wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 12:46
    So, you admit we did create 3-4 chances then, so your comment of 'we barely had a chance' was nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 14:28
    I agree, his comments are baffling. How can he suggest we could have scored three in the first half? We barely had a chance!
    We had a few chances and failed to put one away. Our posession stats were once again abysmal. We were awful in that first half, leaking goals once again. And that, is the bottom line.

he looks like he hes not going to be here much longer

Quote Originally Posted by Stano wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 14:48
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 18 January 2015 14:28
    I agree, his comments are baffling. How can he suggest we could have scored three in the first half? We barely had a chance!
    Tan was smart enough to fall on his sword with regards the kit, let's hope he will with regards Slade's appointment too!
    Your comment was incorrect- simple as that.

At least Ole thought it was funny when we lost.

Credit it where it's due - this fella makes Alan Cork sound exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 08:30

In my opinion the worst manager in my 40 years of watching the city. We really are the " Too good to go down club this season" but next year Russell Slade will takes us very close to relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by epping blue wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 10:12
    More of a concern he makes Alan Cork look organised.
    Spedger