+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: banks

banks

so, I've checked an old bank account this morning expecting to see a particular balance and it seems to be around £1,500 less than I was expecting. I've had a look and spoken to my bank and apparently I've been making regular debit card payments to microsoft, google, nintendo, samsung, rovio and a host of other games manufacturers for since March 2014.

So I've now got to speak to case management at the bank to get them to dispute the transactions.

When I make a payment online the bank insists I have to use verify by VISA yet seemingly when any old crook uses my card details Barclays aren't so insistent and allow the transactions to go through a lot more easily.

Re: banks

I suspect you're not going to get an awful lot of sympathy here complaining about an "old" bank account containing several thousand pounds. But I for one would like to wish you luck.

I had money taken from mine from Italy, only a few hundred (they were lucky to get that much) When I called to say money had gone, and it wasnt me, they asked had I travelled to Italy. Which was a fair question, and I hadn't. They then asked twice more, if I was sure I hadnt travelled there Yep pretty sure I didnt get on a plane and stay in a hotel a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 11:42
    I suspect you're not going to get an awful lot of sympathy here complaining about an "old" bank account containing several thousand pounds. But I for one would like to wish you luck.
    I take your point and it wasn't meant to come across like that. it was more about the bank making it difficult for me to use my card details online but seemingly very easy for those who have logged my details.

I am very careful with things like this. I only keep £30,000 in my 5th most important backup bank account, and I don't issue any debit or credit card transactions against it. It is purely a cash account for use if I ever run out of money when I am out boozing

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 11:53
    I am very careful with things like this. I only keep £30,000 in my 5th most important backup bank account, and I don't issue any debit or credit card transactions against it. It is purely a cash account for use if I ever run out of money when I am out boozing

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 12:07
    As an accountant I would have thought feedy would have been a little more proactive in doing the same. Horse and stable door springs to mind.

Give me the account details Feedy and my Aunty in Nigeria will look into this matter for you.

Unlucky.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 14:07
    Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 12:07
    no drama

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 14:15
    What he didn't mention is the balance he was expecting to see was £1,503.45.

So, I've checked an old cupboard this morning expecting to see a particular tin of beans and it seems there were less tins than I was expecting. I've had a look and spoken to my daughter and apparently she has been eating for breakfast dinner and tea since March 2014.

So I've now got to speak to the till girl at the Aldi to get them to sell me some more.

When I make a payment at the till I have to use money, yet seemingly when any old crook uses a gun they aren't so insistent and allow the transactions to go through a lot more easily.

Just thought i would mention it as apparently the bloke who gives a **** will be around later.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 18:53
    So, I've checked an old cupboard this morning expecting to see a particular tin of beans and it seems there were less tins than I was expecting. I've had a look and spoken to my daughter and apparently she has been eating for breakfast dinner and tea since March 2014.
    I take it you didn't get the same voucher as disco dave?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback2blue wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 11:36
    so, I've checked an old bank account this morning expecting to see a particular balance and it seems to be around £1,500 less than I was expecting. I've had a look and spoken to my bank and apparently I've been making regular debit card payments to microsoft, google, nintendo, samsung, rovio and a host of other games manufacturers for since March 2014.
    Next thing you'll be praising a public sector body next

so, I've checked an old sperm bank account this morning expecting to see a particular amount in fl/oz and it seems to be around three teaspoons less than I was expecting. I've had a look and spoken to my mates and apparently I've been making regular ejaculations over upper class girls in dingy clubs and a host of other slags since March 2014.
    FYP.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 19:48
    so, I've checked an old sperm bank account this morning expecting to see a particular amount in fl/oz and it seems to be around three teaspoons less than I was expecting. I've had a look and spoken to my mates and apparently I've been making regular ejaculations over upper class girls in dingy clubs and a host of other slags since March 2014.
    Since march 2014? That doesn't seem long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback2blue wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 20:06
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 19 January 2015 19:48
    FYP.
    I've got a sandwich filling thread going on elsewhere.