+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Cardiff City. Matchday thread.

FT: Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Cardiff City. Matchday thread.

Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has no fresh selection problems as he looks to maintain the club's promotion challenge against Cardiff.

The Spaniard will have the same squad available to him as he did for Saturday's 2-0 home victory over Huddersfield, which cemented the Teessiders in fourth place in the Sky Bet Championship table. However, defender Daniel Ayala will walk a disciplinary tightrope as he attempts to avoid a 10th booking of the campaign, which would rule him out of the glamour FA Cup fourth round trip to Manchester City at the weekend.

Karanka will once again be without full-backs Emilio Nsue, who is on African Nations Cup duty with Equatorial Guinea, and Ryan Fredericks as he continues his recovery from a thigh muscle injury.

Midfielder Muzzy Carayol is closing in on a return from his long-standing knee injury, although he is yet to play a reserve team game, while defender Damia Abella remains sidelined with his knee problem and utility-man Rhys Williams (Achilles) is just starting another long haul back to fitness.

Cardiff could again be without top scorer Kenwyne Jones when they make the long trip.

The former Sunderland forward is suffering with a hip injury that forced him out of Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Norwich and will be assessed in the build-up to kick-off at The Riverside.

Alex Revell grabbed a goal and an assist on his full debut as Jones' replacement and will hope to have done enough to keep his place as the Bluebirds search for just their second away win of the campaign.

Kadeem Harris joined Revell on the scoresheet having stepped off the bench and his lively display could earn the winger a start.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Middlesbrough have won the last two meetings. Cardiff's last win was 1-0 at home in the Championship in November 2012.
    Cardiff have won four of the last six meetings at Middlesbrough in all competitions, losing two.

Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough have lost only one of their last 14 games in all competitions. Their only defeat since 21 October was 2-0 at Ipswich in the Championship on 20 December.
    Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last 10 home games, winning six. Their last defeat at the Riverside Stadium was 1-0 against Reading on 30 August.

Cardiff City

Cardiff lost 3-2 at Norwich on Saturday, after winning their previous two games in all competitions.
    Cardiff have won only one of their 13 away games in the Championship this season. Their only league win on the road was 1-0 at Watford on 29 November.

Re: Middlesbrough v Cardiff City. Matchday thread, ko 7:45pm.

Can I just be the first to say 3-0 City.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 17:41
    The first and the only I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 17:53
    I hope Guerra gets a run out, I've put £50 on it at the bookies. The mugs gave me 1000/1 !

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 17:57
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 17:53
    I hope Guerra gets a run out, I've put £50 on it at the bookies. The mugs gave me 1000/1 !
    You ARE BevanRoadBlue and I claim my five pounds.

Defo a sending off tonight with this Ref.

B 2 B.

Team
    Connolly and Harris in for Malone and Le Fondre

Le Fonj dropped
    Harris starts

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 18:52
    Le Fonj dropped
    About bloody time - Feeling ever so slightly more confident now.

Macheda Jones and Le Fondre all on hench

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vincent Tan wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 18:54
    Macheda Jones and Le Fondre all on hench
    Is that a new body building steroid?

Connolly is NOT A FULL_BACK. Doesnt anyone remember that he played at full-back at home to Boro and got skinned by their winger (Adomah) where is Fabio/Declan?

Adomah was a threat down the wing all night and caused Bluebird's full-back Connelly problems allnight with his pace and movement" BBC Report on the home game v Boro

Harris and Revell should be our front pairing for foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 18:56
    Connolly is NOT A FULL_BACK. Doesnt anyone remember that he played at full-back at home to Boro and got skinned by their winger (Adomah) where is Fabio/Declan?
    He also played full back when we kept a clean sheet and won at watford

Pleased about Harris! Fabio can't get a look in can he? He's bound to be sold soon.

5-0 with that team. Ralls for Whitts and Fabio for Connolly would have kept it to 2-0

It appears we are parking the bus, although that will only work if we can improve in terms of keeping the ball.

Come on bluebirds!!

Game is on Sky 0117

No more negativity til the final whistle. Lets do this!

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 19:44
    No more negativity til the final whistle. Lets do this!
    I LOVE HOOFBALL!

Come on city, come on city

fair doos to those who have traveled up

Moore had a season on loan at Brentford ???