+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Slade does get the sack, who is a sensible and decent replacement?

Re: If Slade does get the sack, who is a sensible and decent replacement?

Page 2.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the hills wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:20
    Dave Jones did well for us on a limited budget so I would like to give him another crack at it.I am not bothered that he stands arms folded during games what he does in training and behind closed doors is what counts anyone can rant and rave from the sidelines for effect( look at Scott Young against Bournemouth in the cup a lot of good that did.) .He would need to bring his staff with him which would be a good thing as Slade has suffered on that point.If my memory is right I think he got on with Tan. Our main problem has been poor signings Jones has a very good record in the transfer market.If he could have access to the funds some of the recent managers had I am sure he would far better with it.He lives locally and is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:11
    Jimmy floyd
    Look I am too old to remember all the names of the good deals he did but most pundits i have heard say that in the transfer market with little or no money to spend he did well.From the top of my head there is Marshall, Bellamy,Hudson, Bothroyd, Chopra, Mcnaughton, Heaton, Burke etc when you have no money to play with you are bound to have a few duds but our last two managers not counting Slade have had big budgets and bought crap compared to Jones signings. Say what you like he could wheel and deal. He is would do a job for us imo.

Dave Jones would be a side ways step. Football might prove proba wouldn't get relegated ( though I don't think we will now anyway) but the guys a clown off the field like Slade is.

Slade isn't building an infrastructure at the club. There's no plan in place to develop systems and players for the long run. He's buying old ass players with no future. Waste of time. Way he's going, whatever happens, we'll be back in the same place in 24months.

I would like to make sure that we keep away from the bottom but the warning signs are there

Quote Originally Posted by King of the hills wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:20
    Dave Jones did well for us on a limited budget so I would like to give him another crack at it.I am not bothered that he stands arms folded during games what he does in training and behind closed doors is what counts anyone can rant and rave from the sidelines for effect( look at Scott Young against Bournemouth in the cup a lot of good that did.) .He would need to bring his staff with him which would be a good thing as Slade has suffered on that point.If my memory is right I think he got on with Tan. Our main problem has been poor signings Jones has a very good record in the transfer market.If he could have access to the funds some of the recent managers had I am sure he would far better with it.He lives locally and is available.
    Jimmy floyd
    DJ's problem is that eventually all his signings fell into bad habits, that he didn't motivate players well enough for derbies or November and that he couldn't play nice with supporters or media.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:47
    Jimmy floyd
    Robbie Fowler
    Well apart from him being about 50 when we signed him, 7 goals in 36 app and 20k per week not a lot I suppose!

Dutch Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the hills wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 20:14
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:47
    Jimmy floyd
    Robbie Fowler
    Trevor Sinclair
    Maybe my standards are lower because I'm comparing him to the couldn't get fit Sinclair and couldn't get fit but when he did was about as good as Warren Feeney Fowler. If we had only signed JFH I think it would have been a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 20:29
    Dutch Ray.
    Oh yeah I can see him and Tan getting on like a house on fire

Quote Originally Posted by spartacys wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:41
    The tried and tested Dave Jones
    Perenial failure - Great

Quote Originally Posted by Titler wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 22:47
    I can't think of one.
    OGS, and then if that fails we'll bring Slade back , just thinking outside the box .

I'd have a go

I'd get Eric bee to put put a poll out every week to see what team we wanted and pick accordingly , the football for modern football

Justin Edinburgh?