+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOO LATE TO SACK HIM NOW

TOO LATE TO SACK HIM NOW

Worst thing we could do , the applecart is already upset

He's inherited some woeful players and some of the established lot need a boot up the arse

He's clearly not up to the job having said that and hopefully we can get enough points to stay up

Then tan should keep out of the way and we should search for a new face and build a new squad

Sacking Slade now will create even more panic at the club , with the fans, put even more pressure on the new manager and players and send us down

Re: TOO LATE TO SACK HIM NOW

Totally agree, muddle through to end of season then see what shape we in then, too late to replace him now.

Don't agree. sack him now to stop the rot. Never was the right man for this job. I don't know who is, but Slade is way out of his depth.

I know his brief from Tan is to slash the wage bill but, he just isn't getting nowhere near enough from who's left.

at the beginning of the season I'm sure Wales Online run an article about the best championship squad ever, what a joke that was/is!

It's never too late

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 10:22
    If we leave Slade in place until the end of the season, a new manager will have reduced time to assess the players here currently, as well as having to act quickly to bring in the players he thinks are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 10:53
    He's inherited some woeful players and some of the established lot need a boot up the arse
    Fair point

Like a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I agree, I said something pretty similar on Sunday.I'm convinced chopping and changing isn't the way forward

It depends if Tan has his eye on a good replacement. If he sacks Slade and the club are managerless for 2/3/4 games, then you're in real trouble. He's the wrong appointment, that is obvious, but it doesn't mean Cardiff would be better under a care-taker boss - or, indeed, another choice "from left-field".

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 11:36
    He's clearly not up to the job having said that and hopefully we can get enough points to stay up
    It's always going to be a risk, especially sinve the last 2 appointments have been unusual to say the least. However the way things are at the moment I would rather see Slade sacked and Dave Jones as caretaker manager.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 12:03
    Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 11:36
    Then tan should keep out of the way and we should search for a new face and build a new squad
    It comes to something when Dave Jones is considered a good appointment!

Said in another thread,I'm happy to have Jones back until the end of the season and see where we are then.
    Sadly we could end up with Young and Gabbidon looking after the place if Slade goes without a replacement in mind.

It's never too late to get rid of someone that can't do their job.

The cost of returning to blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 12:59
    We were cutting costs long before the return to blue was announced.

Agreed, sort of.

100% agree

I do not think there is any chance of either Slade or Young being sacked, this season or next season. They were both appointed by Tan and they are both Tan's 'YES' men. They do exactly what Tan requires. League 1 within the next two seasons.

Slade couldnt win an argument with himself.

Agree. A new manager in February would give him 3 months with the squad and a head start to start the summer re-build

Andy Legg was last night comparing the appointments of Rowett at Birmingham and Slade, who were both appointed at roughly the same time. I'm not sure if his facts were right, but Birmingham were 17 points behind us when Rowett took the job and now they're ahead of us. On paper our squad is superior to Birminghams, yet under Slade they look like a bunch of pub players. Lose our next two league games, then I genuinely will fear for our status in this league. I hate to slag off our managers, but Slade is clearly not up to the task, my only fear is can you trust Tan to get someone better in and also, who decent would want to work for Tan?
    I think it's best to stick with Slade this season and hope we got enough in us to stay up, then give Slade his P45.

Remember how long it took us to get back in this division after we were relegated last time?

We cannot and should not be relegated and that means this clueless loon has to go and be replaced by someone with some credibility and track record.

Changing the shirt back to Blue hasn't fixed the illness within by any means

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 17:49
    Andy Legg was last night comparing the appointments of Rowett at Birmingham and Slade, who were both appointed at roughly the same time. I'm not sure if his facts were right, but Birmingham were 17 points behind us when Rowett took the job and now they're ahead of us. On paper our squad is superior to Birminghams, yet under Slade they look like a bunch of pub players. Lose our next two league games, then I genuinely will fear for our status in this league. I hate to slag off our managers, but Slade is clearly not up to the task, my only fear is can you trust Tan to get someone better in and also, who decent would want to work for Tan?
    What about Lennon at Bolton? He's talking about play-offs when we're looking forward to the summer already.

We appear to be watching the last desperate splashes of a drowning man. He needs to start winning and start winning quickly. From what I have seen so far I am far from convinced.

Sadly, it does seem too late, at least for an optimal transfer window. They're bloody idiots! He's clearly not up to it, but I'm not sure it's entirely his fault - the club is broken.