+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Slade does get the sack, who is a sensible and decent replacement?

Re: If Slade does get the sack, who is a sensible and decent replacement?

Does it make any difference? Is Tan going to take any notice?

Given the way he has operated up to now it will be a great surprise if he picks someone who might be included on a sensible list of potential candidates.

Surely that much is clear?

Malky Mackay

chris coleman

Quote Originally Posted by Titler wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 22:47
    I can't think of one.
    Tan Out. It is the only hope for professional football in Cardiff. Seriously, the club is on the brink, the Durban years will seem like glory days f things go the way I think they could.

JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK

B 2 B.

The tried and tested Dave Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:30
    I can't think of one.
    Can they afford to sack him? They would need to act now, considering the transfer window slams shut in 10 days. But, there is a real possibility that the manager in charge in a few weeks will have a squad of players assembled by 4 managers and he won't have signed one of them .
    That kind of stability is something I'd love to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Titler wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:43
    I can't think of one.
    Can they afford to sack him? They would need to act now, considering the transfer window slams shut in 10 days. But, there is a real possibility that the manager in charge in a few weeks will have a squad of players assembled by 4 managers and he won't have signed one of them .
    My son was born on May 7 2010. Jones was manager at the time, it is likely that Cardiff will be on their fifth manager before his fifth birthday! There are lots of viable options, but that board is so incompetent they could fall in a barrel of tits and come out sucking their thumbs.
    Cardiff had it under Jones. What is Gethin Jenkins doing these days, he was the last one who had a clue!

Slade will not be sacked, not until at least the end of the season. If we were facing relegation our board/owner would act too slowly anyway and probably sack him in April when the incoming person has little time to make any kind of impact.

Does anyone trust the existing people in positions of responsibility, to make a good appointment even if they did sack Slade? They've hardly covered themselves in glory with the appointment of Ole and up to now, the appointment of Slade. The best appointment recently was obviously Malky and that was done by people who are long gone.

I think they are stuck with Slade really, let's hope he can resolve things and turn it around but I seen little to convince me he can.

Can anyone see us ending up with Glenn Roeder?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:52
    Slade will not be sacked, not until at least the end of the season. If we were facing relegation our board/owner would act too slowly anyway and probably sack him in April when the incoming person has little time to make any kind of impact.
    Tan wanted Shearer! Had that happened I think they'd be on their 8th manager by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:53
    No. The answer, it seems, is to replace poor performers with people who want less money in wages. Soon the manager's job will be one of those zero hour contracts we hear about.

Seriously, why would anyone with any serious managerial credentials, want to ruin their reputation at the sinking ship that it is Cardiff City at the moment? That's another reason why I think we are stuck with Slade.

Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:56
    He's probably the only one who would take it.
    This job has Dave Jones written all over it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:54
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:52
    Does anyone trust the existing people in positions of responsibility, to make a good appointment even if they did sack Slade? They've hardly covered themselves in glory with the appointment of Ole and up to now, the appointment of Slade. The best appointment recently was obviously Malky and that was done by people who are long gone.
    Neither seems likely though and I think Tan is here for quite a while longer.

Limited options, but I'd like to see Tim Sherwood.

No one rock's a gilet on the sidelines, like Tim!

I can't think of one.
    Whether we like it or not it looks as though Tan is here until we can financially stabilize the club. I do agree with your other point though. He has completely lost interest now, so if we end up in Division 1 he will get out quickly.

Got to stick with slade now I'm afraid you can't change managers every few weeks. He needs to be given time

As others have said, no decent manager will touch us because of the idiot in charge - add in the fact that massive wages are no longer the norm and most players will look elsewhere too.

What we're seeing now is the product of being run by people who know nothing about football.

Their latest big idea seems to be getting rid of the big earners and doing things on a tight budget. Nothing wrong with that of course but it'll only work if you've got a manager with the ability to galvanise young hungry players into a tight unit - somehow I don't think thats us at the moment.

Back to blue is a positive step but in terms of the bigger picture nothing will improve as long as Tan is here.

Harry?

Tim Shewood would have been a good choice , did a good job with Spurs albeit with quality players.
    Needs to reign his ego in a bit , but would have bridged the gap between the Premiership and the championship.

Instead we went for a manager to bridge the gap between the championship and leagues 1 & 2

You couldn't make it up really.

I'd love Tim Sherwood but realistically we have no chance. We're cutting back on spending so I see no reason why he would want to come here to a club very much on the downward spiral.

Dave Jones did well for us on a limited budget so I would like to give him another crack at it.I am not bothered that he stands arms folded during games what he does in training and behind closed doors is what counts anyone can rant and rave from the sidelines for effect( look at Scott Young against Bournemouth in the cup a lot of good that did.) .He would need to bring his staff with him which would be a good thing as Slade has suffered on that point.If my memory is right I think he got on with Tan. Our main problem has been poor signings Jones has a very good record in the transfer market.If he could have access to the funds some of the recent managers had I am sure he would far better with it.He lives locally and is available.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:11
    Dave Jones did well for us on a limited budget so I would like to give him another crack at it.I am not bothered that he stands arms folded during games what he does in training and behind closed doors is what counts anyone can rant and rave from the sidelines for effect( look at Scott Young against Bournemouth in the cup a lot of good that did.) .He would need to bring his staff with him which would be a good thing as Slade has suffered on that point.If my memory is right I think he got on with Tan. Our main problem has been poor signings Jones has a very good record in the transfer market.If he could have access to the funds some of the recent managers had I am sure he would far better with it.He lives locally and is available.
    I could go on but I'd be here all night!!