+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ole was sacked after losing to Middlesbrough

Ole was sacked after losing to Middlesbrough

Just saying

Re: Ole was sacked after losing to Middlesbrough

wishful thinking ;)

Lost 5 of last 7 league games isn't it? Terrible record recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:09
    1 win in 7 I think. Not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Socks wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:17
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:09
    1 win in 7 I think. Not ideal.
    P8 W1 D2 L5 GF11 GA18

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:00
    Just saying

This board has become a refuge for spoilt brats I think. When did we get to believe we had a divine right to win everything?

It sounded to me as if we really competed well tonight. Yes the result was disappointing but we didn't sound clueless and they had to resort to a breakaway goal for their first.

I can't believe we've become that club that wants to sack their manager when he's had no time to build his own team.

I have no idea who you expect for the next manager - I wonder if Mourinho would come for the offer of a packet of wine gums and a bunch of vicious back-stabbing fans. We must look irresistible...

Tan was still hungry for success then.
    Now...
    Russ is just minding the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:56
    This board has become a refuge for spoilt brats I think. When did we get to believe we had a divine right to win everything?
    I can take losing, its when you can't see signs of a gameplan or a manager getting some of his philosophy across, that concerns are raised.

Can't really accuse any Cadiff City supported of believing we have a divine right to win everything.

What I'd like is to win more than 1 in 8. Concede fewer than 18 goals in the previous 7 games. Show signs of improvement, have a hard working team that is playing with a recognisable gameplan.

We're a mess at the moment, it needs sorting out. Give Slade a chance. I don't like losing, either.

Its not just about a divine right to win. its about dire football we play under slade. if his team actually tried to play football once in a while that would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 00:19
    Can't really accuse any Cadiff City supported of believing we have a divine right to win everything.
    Conceding 5 in the past 2 games, threatening only from set plays in a home performance where the crowd was right behind you, not showing up for 45 minutes against Norwich and starting the same static, slow midfield for all three is enough to be concerned with, let alone what happened before the Fulham game.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 00:45
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 00:19
    What I'd like is to win more than 1 in 8. Concede fewer than 18 goals in the previous 7 games. Show signs of improvement, have a hard working team that is playing with a recognisable gameplan.
    I get your point in the match thread about no point in sacking another manager so soon, especially this late into a transfer window - but at this point it's hard to argue his corner. (Not that I'd be remotely interested in doing that).

Playoffs it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 00:13
    It sounded to me as if we really competed well tonight. Yes the result was disappointing but we didn't sound clueless and they had to resort to a breakaway goal for their first.
    I'm not ignoring the fact that we're still not looking good, but just asking for some patience until the window closes and it is clear whether or not Slade can get HIS new squad to perform.

So everything's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 12:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 00:13
    I can't believe we've become that club that wants to sack their manager when he's had no time to build his own team.
    And what do you think this is?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 12:43
    If we could just stand back a little from the problem we'd see this is all perfectly normal for a club such as ours and all we can do is support and suck up the bad times.

Do you honestly believe he's the right man for the job?

[quote title=Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 20 January 2015 23:56]This board has become a refuge for spoilt brats I think. When did we get to believe we had a divine right to win everything?

[quote]

We have had under 50% possession in nearly every game this season, you can't be successful like that. It's too tiring to run without the ball and the opposition will eventually get chances. You can point to examples to show otherwise but that is the exception, not the norm.

We have signed a lower league target man, a decent full back and are being linked with a poor Championship right back who can't get in Huddersfield's team. I think we have every right to be miffed about what is going on and express concern about what is happening.

Slade's football is dire and his transfers look to be more suited to League One rather than a side which should be competiting for the play offs at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:13
    Putting any feelings I have about Vincent Tan, the club and the fanbase to one side, I have to say I find Russell Slade to be just about the least inspiring Cardiff City manager I've ever seen. With the possible exception of Alan Cork, I can't think of any other Bluebirds boss in my lifetime who was so boring and bland, and by all accounts the quality of his team's football matches his press conferences.
    Russell Osman was pretty banal.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:45
    I wouldn't put him in the same category as Slade or Cork. Have a look at Slade's press conference after the Norwich game. It's like watching wood warp. Inspiring he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:13
    Putting any feelings I have about Vincent Tan, the club and the fanbase to one side, I have to say I find Russell Slade to be just about the least inspiring Cardiff City manager I've ever seen. With the possible exception of Alan Cork, I can't think of any other Bluebirds boss in my lifetime who was so boring and bland, and by all accounts the quality of his team's football matches his press conferences.
    If you asked me to predict based on what I've seen so far then I think things are looking more negative than positive, but the unique circumstances he's had to work in until recently would've tested anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:57
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:45
    I wouldn't put him in the same category as Slade or Cork. Have a look at Slade's press conference after the Norwich game. It's like watching wood warp. Inspiring he isn't.
    Fair comment, and if you are looking at press conferences / interaction I'd lump Slade very much in with Kenny Hibbit. After pretty much every defeat (and we had a fair few under him), he would be quoted in the Echo saying "nobody feels this defeat more than me". He came accross as always the happy, nice guy but clueless on the pitch. Slade isn't a million miles away (even though I'd credit him with a bit more managerial ability han both Osman and Hibbit. Mind you, my dog could set out a team better than Osman, and he's not really much of a fan of the game).