+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possible 'dream teams' to replace Noddy

Possible 'dream teams' to replace Noddy

It has become clear to most of us that we are not going to progress under Noddy, in fact, we're only going to get worse.

So, now is the time to ditch Noddy - no point in sticking with him anymore.

So we need feasible replacements.

How about Hudson and Phelan? Hudson would provide the link between the team and the fans plus some much needed leadership. While Phelan would provide the technical know how and coaching experience.

My other option would be more controversial with Bellamy and Warnock. Again Bellamy could provide the link between the fans and the team while Warnock would provide the coaching experience.

Both options would certainly galvanise the team and wouldn't tolerate players going through the motions.

Re: Possible 'dream teams' to replace Noddy

This Noddy thing isn't going to catch on. I'd drop it if I were you.

Typical City fans, no loyalty.

Darcy Blake and Dave Jones...

Osian Roberts and Raymond verhaijen (sp)

Why all this 'dream team' nonsense? Its hard enough trying to think of 1 decent replacement, let alone two.

They dont work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:36
    Why all this 'dream team' nonsense? Its hard enough trying to think of 1 decent replacement, let alone two.
    Clough and Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:31
    Fair enough but what's your thoughts on the main crux of the post?

Quote Originally Posted by heath/ccfc wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:31
    Typical City fans, no loyalty.
    Plenty of loyalty to the club just no faith in the abilities of the manager. Possession statistics tell me all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 13:34
    Wouldn't mind using Roberts as part of a selection panel.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:30
    Warnock and Phelan wouldn't touch us with a barge pole - both have established reputations and going anywhere near a basket case like CCFC would only do them damage. That removes the "experience" part of your two options. No idea why Hudson would be a sensible choice - I've nothing against him but that would be a huge gamble. I'd like to see Bellamy here at some point but he was playing alongside some of these players a few weeks ago, so it might not be the right time to do it now.

He's right. Try Coco.

Show some loyalty and respect for the manager and players.

I don't believe Slade was Tans first choice for the job but who was going to take it? It would have been made clear that whoever took the job would have to slash the wage bill at least in half just so that we could meet the FFP coming around the corner. I remember a time that we used to lose and see the funny side of it and accept it. These days we've got some right muppets throwing their toys out of the pram.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:34
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:30
    Warnock and Phelan wouldn't touch us with a barge pole - both have established reputations and going anywhere near a basket case like CCFC would only do them damage. That removes the "experience" part of your two options. No idea why Hudson would be a sensible choice - I've nothing against him but that would be a huge gamble. I'd like to see Bellamy here at some point but he was playing alongside some of these players a few weeks ago, so it might not be the right time to do it now.
    I opted for Hudson as he struck me as an intelligent football man with the right temperament for management, coming to the end of his playing career, and with strong links to both the club and the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian1992 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:44
    Not throwing my toys out of the pram but I think Cardiff City, with all the financial backing through Tan's loans, should be bigger and better than many of the clubs currently pushing for promotion or holding their own in the bottom half of the premiership.

Even now i cant understand why Slade is here but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 16:03
    I don't believe Slade was Tans first choice for the job but who was going to take it? It would have been made clear that whoever took the job would have to slash the wage bill at least in half just so that we could meet the FFP coming around the corner. I remember a time that we used to lose and see the funny side of it and accept it. These days we've got some right muppets throwing their toys out of the pram.
    Neither can Slade!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:33
    Or how about director of football, could probably combine that with his wales role relatively easily.

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 19:41
    Or how about director of football, could probably combine that with his wales role relatively easily.
    His expertise, which is second to none, lies with coaching systems rather than signing players and board liaison so I'm not sure he would be appropriate a a Director of Football. However, it would be fantastic to get him on board on the coaching side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 20:28
    His expertise, which is second to none, lies with coaching systems rather than signing players and board liaison so I'm not sure he would be appropriate a a Director of Football. However, it would be fantastic to get him on board on the coaching side of things.
    I'm sure for wales under speed he was involved in developing our style of play. Identifying a style of play and finding players and a manager who will suit that is the kind of thing I think of a director of football doing, which I think he'd be good at.

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 20:42
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 20:28
    I'm sure for wales under speed he was involved in developing our style of play. Identifying a style of play and finding players and a manager who will suit that is the kind of thing I think of a director of football doing, which I think he'd be good at.
    Yes I think you're right - whatever his job title he would be a huge asset for the club.