+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Royal Welsh Show

The Royal Welsh Show

How many on here visit the Royal Welsh Show,if you have ,what do you find as your main attraction?

Re: The Royal Welsh Show

I worked on it for a few years; on a large corporate stand for my old company.

I did plenty of "networking" - ie, blagging freebies.

I really enjoyed it. It was a massive event and there is so much to see there. For me, the main attractions were the food and drink stands, and there are loads of those. Some of the events in the rings, like animal best-of-breed stuff, was okay but I preferred walking around the stands to see what was on offer.

It is (or was in the late 1980's) a massive event. I think it lasted for 3 or 4 days.

Well worth going to IMHO.

There's a special train they put on that goes up. Nice and handy if you fancy a drink while you're up there. I think I leaves from Cardiff and picks up in Bridgend, Swansea and a few other places on the way up.

I've been there most years in the last decade to work. If you're a farmer it's one of the social events of the year and great for networking and business. If you're interested in agriculture, forestry or the environment it's definitely worth a visit. The food and drink are excellent and it's a good showcase for Welsh farming and high quality livestock. What I would say though is it's expensive and changes little from year to year.

I go most years to work on the trade stand but still find time to wonder around.

Like others have said, the food and drink stands are fantastic. And if you like animals the Welsh Blacks and the Welsh Cobs are the highlights in the show ring.

Well worth a visit.

Some sex tourists go these days to eye up the creatures on
    the " Prettiest Sheep " stand.

Hovis stand was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytaff wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 21:56
    I've been there most years in the last decade to work. If you're a farmer it's one of the social events of the year and great for networking and business. If you're interested in agriculture, forestry or the environment it's definitely worth a visit. The food and drink are excellent and it's a good showcase for Welsh farming and high quality livestock. What I would say though is it's expensive and changes little from year to year.
    Anything to do for people who arent bumpkins?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 23:03
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytaff wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 21:56
    Anything to do for people who arent bumpkins?
    Notthat much tbh