+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarrson last night

Gunnarrson last night

Having just seen the highlights of the two goals conceded - which are here

http://youtu.be/UfqAaS2j1VU

I'm wondering if people are still going to blame Whittingham?

What the actual **** is Gunnarsson doing for their second? Absolutely appaling. He then has the nerve to shout at Morrision. Joke.

Re: Gunnarrson last night

I agree that Gunnarsson was tracking like a snail but what Morrison done was absolutely criminal

Look at the laziness of the pass to give away the first goal. Then his light jog back as Boro score their second.

What about Connolly for the second? Perhaps because he's not played for so long but if you stop at 1.03/1.04 you do not want him to pass to Ralls and then he dives in and misses his man completely.

The mental side of Gunnarsson's game is absolutely shocking. No creativity or ability to read the game at all. Just jogs around hoping nobody notices that he's clueless.

Gunners tracks back for the first goal but picks up nobody and marks empty space. Shocking really but it sums up our defensive fragilities since Slade took charge. And playing his decision on the fullbacks last night had a direct effect on us losing the game

We can't defend crosses coming into the box. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:23
    We can't defend crosses coming into the box. It's as simple as that.
    Straight through our defence.

I do find i blame a lot of the players for things but i feel that because the system doesn't suit and players are out of position it does make it hard for the team.

79 minutes into a game it is easier for a striker to run 50 yards towards goal trying to score than a midfielder tracking back.

Everyone has a player that they hate and i used to think the same about Whitts,

However watching him lately I feel he's being asked to do a job he just cant do.

Gunnars and Whitts doesn't work with nothing up front and not much behind.

Gunnarson always goes down with a head injury - appreciate it's a distance away from where I am sat but always makes a meal of the slightest knock. Don't respect that in a professional player.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:02
    The mental side of Gunnarsson's game is absolutely shocking. No creativity or ability to read the game at all. Just jogs around hoping nobody notices that he's clueless.
    Spedger

All season he has been guilty of watching the game develop around him. He seems unsure of what his role is and just watches play expecting someone else to make a tackle.

We've seen this time and time again with Gunnarsson, unfortunately. His role should be like Medel's was last year, albeit nowhere near the same quality, you get the picture. Instead, I'm not really sure what Slade (or Ole for that matter) has him doing.

He normally puts in a great shift for Iceland when I've watched them, protecting the back four with someone alongside him... with us it's more like just running around hoping someone will cover.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 18:57
    All season he has been guilty of watching the game develop around him. He seems unsure of what his role is and just watches play expecting someone else to make a tackle.
    Not sure Slade knows what to do with him. He'll run his balls off to be fair to the lad on most occasions, but that's not enough at this level... but Slade likes a hard worker as we all know.

i cant believe... but im sure ive not seen 1 post regarding moore...

never mind the rest of the team who can be pretty dire, has anyone taken the time to watch the goals over the past few games, moore is waaaaaaaaaaaay out of his situation here... why on earth have we not been able to recall lewis
    yes he was in goal when we beat fulham, but he didnt really have anything to do during that game did he
    fair play to the kid but when marshall is either out injured or sold we need quality replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 15:02
    Spot on! I've been saying this since he signed for us