+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea attack on autistic Chelsea fan

Swansea attack on autistic Chelsea fan

Hunt for Swansea thugs who abused and punched young disabled Chelsea supporter after game
    By Evans TheCrime

Wed January 21, 2015

Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old Chelsea fan with autism was abused and assaulted after leaving Swansea City's Liberty Stadium

POLICE are hunting for "cowardly" yobs who attacked a young disabled football supporter following a match at the Liberty Stadium.

The 16-year-old, who has autism, was verbally abused and punched in the face as he and his brother made their way back to the city centre after the Premier League clash.

The dad of the young victim said his son had wanted to visit Swansea to watch Chelsea play the Swans for years -- and has been left traumatised by the unprovoked street attack.

The incident happened on Llangyfelach Road following Chelsea's visit to the Liberty on Saturday, and left the teenager needing hospital treatment for facial and eye injuries.

The dad of the young London football fan -- who asked for his name not to be made public -- said he had been unable to get to the match on Saturday due to work but because the youngster had been so keen to visit Swansea, his older brother had travelled all the way from university in Scotland to accompany him to Wales.

He said: "My son has had Swansea on his to-do list for a couple of years, and was really looking forward to the trip.

"I had some texts from the boys during the day saying how much they were enjoying the visit -- then this happened.

"How could somebody do this to a young boy? It is a disgusting and cowardly thing to do.

"One of the effects of my son's condition is that he can't see the bad in people -- he just doesn't understand why somebody would want to do this bad thing to him.

"His one passion is football, and I always take him to all home matches, as well as two or three away matches each season, as it's his one release.

"The physical scars will heal in time, however mentally and emotionally -- especially given his disability -- this will be a big step backwards for him."

The attack happened near the Commercial Inn pub at around 5.30pm on Saturday as the visiting fans were walking into town.

The pair were approach by a group of four men in their 20s who started abusing them for being Chelsea fans - the younger sibling was wearing a club scarf - before punching the teenager in the face and running off.

The visitors then flagged down a passing police car, and officers arranged for them to get to Morriston Hospital for treatment, then waited to give them a lift to the train station.

The dad said: "The police were brilliant, very supportive, and I just hope somebody will come forward with information to help them.

"Somebody must know the lads who are responsible for this, and I hope it pricks their conscience to know what they did."

Police investigating the assault have carried out door-to-door inquiries in the area, and are searching CCTV footage for clues.

A spokesman for South Wales Police said: "Police investigating an assault on Llangyfelach Road on Saturday, January 17, are urging any witnesses -- or anybody with information about what happened -- to come forward."

Re: Swansea attack on autistic Chelsea fan

Awful story.

Also didn't know that people that way were still known by their occupation.

"By Evans TheCrime"

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 22:02
    Awful story.

Awful story.
    C ops just need to look in the hone book for "Jones the Thug"

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 22:16
    Awful story.
    Not sure Covert Ops is going to be bothered by this.

Awful story.
    More like "Father the Brother".

Awful story.

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 23:11
    Awful story.
    "By Evans TheCrime"
    And while they're at it they can ring Dai Witness.

I bet they are calling it a right result down in scumland

i can see them now in the pub, " yea, we did the headhunters "

Jacks attacking innocent people shocker they dont miss a trick do they

Not surprised, after all they have form for this sort of thing.

Stinking bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 04:20
    We've got our share too. I remember the story last season where a young Everton fan was attacked in Grangetown while walking back to the train station.

Quote Originally Posted by seethatbluebirdfly wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 07:10
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 04:20
    Stinking bastards.
    Yes and the lad from Bristol. I think the old adage of people in glass houses applies here.

I hope as a poster said earlier they catch whoever done it puts them in prison & they end up as someone's bitch.

Find it strange why Abrahams who never comments on Swansea and has wrote books on glorifying football violence where many innocent people have been hurt, choose to make it a thread on his website .... Oh hang on maybe not.

Please spare us this shock-horror sanctimonious drivel on a Cardiff City message board of all places. Football clubs of all statuses and sizes come replete with their share of the brain-dead and the Swans are no exception. That's the beautiful game at its least beautiful I'm afraid.

This foul act has its own thread on Planet Swans:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/1367 50/like-ive-said-many-times/#61

So please quit the scurrilous crap - we are totally with you in condemning this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 11:06
    Please spare us this shock-horror sanctimonious drivel on a Cardiff City message board of all places. Football clubs of all statuses and sizes come replete with their share of the brain-dead and the Swans are no exception. That's the beautiful game at its least beautiful I'm afraid.
    I'm not being sanctimonious about. I posted it because I hadn't seen it mentioned on this board. I'm not suggesting these boys are representative of Swansea fans in general and I'm well aware that we've had our share of unpleasant characters.

hey you might even create a little " gesture " for it

to be fair to the gypos(and as much as i hate them) with the picture with the article it does make it look like its football related as the pic is by the ground,but was this incident a long way from the ground? it doesnt excuse it in any way but perhaps it was just local thugs who got nothing to do with the footy,just a thought but scum whoever they are anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 11:40
    Charming. Trust this gentleman clicks on the Planet Swans link and sees what the 'stinking bastards' are saying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 13:20
    http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/1364 67/chelsea-3-jacks-2!/#154

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 13:29
    http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/1367 50/like-ive-said-many-times/#61
    So please quit the scurrilous crap - we are totally with you in condemning this.
    As I said, football attracts lots of 'bell ends' and, like you, we have our share, but they are dealt with, as indeed would you, by a mixture of open contempt and total disdain.

[quote title=calonlan wrote on Wed, 21 January 2015 21:41]Hunt for Swansea thugs who abused and punched young disabled Chelsea supporter after game
    By Evans TheCrime

Wed January 21, 2015

Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old Chelsea fan with autism was abused and assaulted after leaving Swansea City's Liberty Stadium

So, how was he different to any other Chelsea fan ? He was younger, was he ????

Silly me, I must have imagined the incident when a large proportion of your 'fans' attacked innocent women and children.