+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 question to keep in mind- what was slade appointed to do?

Re: 1 question to keep in mind- what was slade appointed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 10:42
    Orient played some great football - albeit youtube based evidence. Can Slade do that here - well there is certainly no sign of it.
    Not with the squad he inherited but surely that is the squad he is working towards?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 07:42
    I think you make some reasonable points, but as TLG says, I'm pretty sure promotion wasn't completely ruled out back in October when Slade was appointed.
    This! Things are completely random and there is no long term plan

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 10:22
    We may be over-complicating this in trying to find some rationale behind the appointment. I though that someone suggested Slade to Tan as an experienced manager who could get everything 'ship shape' - after the mess he allowed novice Ole to create. Slade did get Orient playing some decent football - so maybe in time he can do the same here. It's not looking like this will happen any time soon though.
    I think this is a myth based on a youtube video where they string together quite a few passes and score a goal. Its a nice goal but take a look at that video again, the build up to that goal happens very slowly, we are not talking quick pass and move football here. Besides Orient fans said his teams are static, play long balls, 4-4-2, picks the same team again and again, which is exactly what we have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 10:42
    Orient played some great football - albeit youtube based evidence. Can Slade do that here - well there is certainly no sign of it.
    If you based your opinion solely on youtube, you'd probably think that we play some great football

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 08:58
    This one is simple as well-You know that the club is starting to sign players on the cheap? hard working, limited and not particularly technical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 08:44
    Well, Tan has replicated that theory with his management duo, it's that simple. You wouldn't want a Michelin star chef working in a chip shop, would you?
    I'm certain Tan decided to cut costs and had Slade in mind as part of that process. Such is the nature of his volatile nature. He's gone past caring, that's why the team are playing in Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Thu, 22 January 2015 13:57
    Wasn't Morrison brought in under the instruction of OGS, it did seem to go on a while, and maybe the deal was too far down the road to stop. One thing is for sure, Slade didn't fancy him, or was told not to play him.
    There's no doubt Slade was a budget option and it's obvious that he was told to trim the squad and reduce the wage bill before he took the job, but I reckon Tan believed promotion was a serious possibility all the same. Now, however, it definitely looks like the club is preparing for mid-table Championship football for the forseeable future as opposed to the Premier League.