Revell and Harris up front

Re: Team for Derby game

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:41
    squad is shite, slade is shite.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:40
    jokes a club ffs
    Helpful and true

Marshall has had an operation, 3-4weeks out.

Marshall does not make any difference at all we lose with him we lose without him

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:41
    squad is shite, slade is shite.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:40
    jokes a club ffs
    Yes but Tim, he's spot on.

Assuming we are going to be playing "direct" football and 4-4-2, let's field a team suited to the style.

No lightweight wingers, no creative players in the middle and no fullbacks with ambitions of crossing the half way line.

The tallest back four, for set piece strength and whacking Derby's front three. Whitts for his set peice play on the left and then three players to run, harry and get forward onto the knock downs.

Up front, the two six footers.

Marshall
    Connolly
    Turner
    Morrison
    Malone
    Ralls
    Adeyemi
    Gunns
    Whitts
    Revell
    Jones

It can't be any worse to watch and might be more effective.

I'd much prefer us go with the 4-5-1 we used against Colchester for an hour (Jones for Macheda, Malone for John) but that isn't going to happen because that team might pass the ball.

I never thought I'd say this but given how bad things are at the moment I'd consider bringing back filip kiss from his loan spell.
    He's a central midfielder who likes to tackle and get stuck in.
    Not sure where manga is at the moment either, but he could do a holding job in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 20:43
    Our squad is too small.........

Moore
    Peltier Morrison Turner Malone
    Harris Adeyemi Gunarson Noone
    Whitts
    Jones

Wilson, John, Connolly, Fabio, Ralls, Macheda, Revell

That's really the best we have. Unless we sign a decent centre midfield player in the next five days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 20:41
    With Slade in charge it doesn't matter who we have on the pitch against Derby as we will still be a boring, long ball team with little or no passing and movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:55
    We need to be shot of Slade before we can progress. Otherwise we're just shifting chairs on the Titanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:48
    I don't know how anyone can disagree with this!
    In his interview yesterday he talks about ideally having a small quick man up top with a big man ffs. He's stuck in 1984!

I would play Peltier RB and put Fabio( if he still with us ) wide left,play Ralls,whittingham and adeyemi with Noone on left and big Ken up top..maybe we would be able to keep the ball a bit better..have one midfield bombing on to support Ken when we attack..but we are so pedestrian we only threaten from free kicks or corners mate so wouldn't be an issue..i think we need to steady the ship for next 5/6 games and make sure we pick p the odd result to keep us clear of relegation..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:50
    Pilkington in if fit.Mason also in if fit.
    Digachoi in if fit. Fowler in if fit

I would play a 3:5:2 formation.

Moore

Connolly
    Turner
    Peltier

Fabio
    Adeyemi
    Whittingham
    Ralls
    Harris

Jones
    Revell

subs
    6 monkeys and a dustbin lid.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 13:45
    B 2 B.

Whichever XI you select they'd only end up shouting abuse at each other like they did yesterday.

Is it me or do City players never shout words of encouragement to each? All they seem to do is hurl abuse at each other.

Moore (if Marshall is still crocked)

Fabio
    Turner (if fit)
    Morrison (sadly)
    Malone

Noone
    Ralls
    Whittingham
    Adeyemi
    Harris

Revell

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 12:08
    With Slade in charge it doesn't matter who we have on the pitch against Derby as we will still be a boring, long ball team with little or no passing and movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 20:41
    We need to be shot of Slade before we can progress. Otherwise we're just shifting chairs on the Titanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:55
    I don't know how anyone can disagree with this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:48
    Lawnmower surely you can see that the tactics he adopts went out 30 years ago with muddy pitches mate?
    Our squad is now looking extremely threadbare with the injuries we have on top of the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 13:52
    Whichever XI you select they'd only end up shouting abuse at each other like they did yesterday.
    The only incident I saw was Jones ragging Noone and in fairness he was right !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:46
    Is it me or do City players never shout words of encouragement to each? All they seem to do is hurl abuse at each other.
    Harris was having a right go at Malone late on- gunnarson had to tell him to shut up,

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys Boil wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 13:14
    I would play Peltier RB and put Fabio( if he still with us ) wide left,play Ralls,whittingham and adeyemi with Noone on left and big Ken up top..maybe we would be able to keep the ball a bit better..have one midfield bombing on to support Ken when we attack..but we are so pedestrian we only threaten from free kicks or corners mate so wouldn't be an issue..i think we need to steady the ship for next 5/6 games and make sure we pick p the odd result to keep us clear of relegation..
    Also problem with Jones is he is only effective for 30 minutes, then he becomes a passenger, so the opposition can build from the back without any challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 13:45
    Could be something to work on over the summer, but most likely to leave us even more exposed IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:49
    Interesting.In some ways good to see a youngster having the balls to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:51
    Fabio
    Can be- however in this case I think he was needlessly moaning and taking out his frustration at being unable to impact the game on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 19:33
    Marshall (if back) - if not Moore
    It's getting beyond a joke now ..

Fabio
    B 2 B.

Fabio
    Morrison was swearing at Fabio for having the audacity to go forward as well.