+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I spent 9 months saying ole can't be as bad as he seems and now I'm doing it with slade!

I spent 9 months saying ole can't be as bad as he seems and now I'm doing it with slade!

Can only hope I'm right this time and he can't be as bad as he seems so far.

In fairness I don't think Malone or revell are that bad and both useful enough but the overall way the team is playing and his in game management are way way off the standard of the championship.

What I will say though is I have absolutely no confidence the new manager to replace him would be any better, our best bet is still to hope he can turn us into a organized hard working team that can survive in this league.

Re: I spent 9 months saying ole can't be as bad as he seems and now I'm doing it with slade!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 20:41
    Can only hope I'm right this time and he can't be as bad as he seems so far.

Re: I spent 9 months saying ole can't be as bad as he seems and now I'm doing it with slade!

Malone is the only light in a very dark place at the moment.

Another manager wouldn't do better

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 20:47
    Of course if we got someone like Warnock they would do a lot better.

Things will only get worse until we get a new owner with new ideas. The Tan era of improvement is over.

You're forgetting who would be in charge of selecting him. Dalman and Tan are thus far 0/2.

This is a club issue, nothing to do with the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 21:25
    It looks like anything not nailed down is going to be sold .. I would love to read Slade's employment brief word for word.

0/2 is being kind to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 21:27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 21:25
    It looks like anything not nailed down is going to be sold .. I love to read Slade's employment brief word for word.
    One things for sure, never a dull moment with the city.

We should get David O'Leary in.

The same people saying Malone and Revell are looking decent signings are the same people slagging Slade off. You couldn't make it up! Slade came in and was instantly told by Tan not to play Daehli, Guerra etc because he wanted to sell them. Now some of our other key players are being sold and Slade is having to replace them on peanuts! No manager could do much better at the moment. Slade has been put in an impossible position and all we can do is get behind him and the team, as slagging them all off isn't going to do us any favours!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 21:31
    We should get David O'Leary in.
    I'd prefer dermot

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 21:38
    The same people saying Malone and Revell are looking decent signings are the same people slagging Slade off. You couldn't make it up! Slade came in and was instantly told by Tan not to play Daehli, Guerra etc because he wanted to sell them. Now some of our other key players are being sold and Slade is having to replace them on peanuts! No manager could do much better at the moment. Slade has been put in an impossible position and all we can do is get behind him and the team, as slagging them all off isn't going to do us any favours!
    However I don't think its a contradiction to say his 2 signings look ok but his team selection, subs and tactics look poor- they are separate issues. Hopefully it will begin to gel soon.

I agree with you. You won't see me type a bad word against Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 24 January 2015 21:00
    Ah. Got ya

Aww the poor little players. Wouldn't want to damage their ego's now would we. But it's ok, every player at this club and our idiot manager can go home and sleep well as another 5 digit weekly salary hits their bank account.

Etc etc.....and Tan believed the cwnt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 10:42
    I don't agree Slade has been told not to play certain players at all, as if Tan even knows who earns what or who plays where?
    Fair points about the style you would like to see/have seen. It's just a shame that ole didn't attempt something similar instead of messing round with macheda left midfield and things like that.

In hindsight I would rather have kept Ole. As bad as some of his decisions were we weren't doing any worse under him, he was still young enough to improve, will have had some good contacts for some loans and had actually won something before. Oh and the guess the team sheet game was a little bit of entertainment.