+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bruno Manga - part of the cull?

Bruno Manga - part of the cull?

Has quite possibly played his last game for us.

Re: Bruno Manga - part of the cull?

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 04:04
    Has quite possibly played his last game for us.
    I sincerely hope that Slade is conducting this exercise as his last and final contribution.?

Surely he must be .. and Mr Jones?

You can guarantee any offer around £4m for Marshall would be snapped up now too

And Fabio ..

Slade knows where to find free replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 06:23
    And Fabio ..
    Surprisingly I think Fabio might make a decent midfield player. Has the energy and box to box capability and is not scared to tackle players that are running at him..........

I was going to start a thread on this and then saw this one of Toronto's. I'd be amazed if he was still with us come February and the same goes for Fabio and Marshall. A centre back pairing of Morrison and Connolly for the rest of the season doesn't fill me with much confidence I'm afraid with two journeymen full backs outside them and a distinctly ordinary goalkeeper behind. If one of the bottom three start getting it together we are going to be in real trouble.

A centre back pairing of Turner and Connelly is more than good enough for this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 10:32
    A centre back pairing of Turner and Connelly is more than good enough for this division.

The defence isn't the problem. If the midfield surrenders possession twice as much as your average team your defence has twice as much work to do.

Fortunately our manager has worked out that the best solution to a shìte midfield is to buy a striker, two full backs and sell a bunch of players.

He is bound to be off sooner rather than later, big transfer fee paid and obviously a high earner, wages must be high or he wouldn't of signed for us, the same goes for Morrison. Nine million pounds worth of centre backs we obviously cannot afford on so many levels.

Should sell morrison instead.

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 11:48
    Should sell morrison instead.
    Why sell one when we can sell both, plus Fabio and Marshall?

Manga is our best remaining player nqat.

Marshall is clearly about to leave.

Relegation here we come.

Manga will surely be gone especially if he has a good Africa Cup of Nations.

Shame as I would have liked to see him paired with Theo next season.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:31
    You won't be seeing Theo near the CCS any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:31
    badly injured Turner is?

If they can get our money back for Morrison and Manga the club should take it. Morrison was a reported £3.5m and Manga £3m + add ons taking it up to £5m. Another two great OGS signings when we had Hudson, Connolly and Turner. And then he signed Gabbidon on a 1 year deal too! So we sold Hudson. We would have been better keeping Hudson and not signing those three. Manga has barely played and now is at the African Cup of Nations, hopefully he will play well and attract a bid from somebody. Morrison will go nowhere as no one will want him, and Gabbidon will never be seen again near the 1st team.

I'd try and keep Marshall because he's much better than Moore and Lewis. Fabio can go asap.

If Turner is injured we could use Morrison and Connolly.

In the summer Lewis, Kiss, Nugent, McNaughton and a few others will be shown the door too. Jones will be out of contract, so will the club try and get a fee for him now in the window or let him go for nothing in the summer.? Maybe they'll let him go for nothing now to reduce the wage bill. Trouble is he's the only one who can score for us.

Hopefully Macheda (another OGS signing) can be unloaded as well as the goal machine that is Le Fondre.

By getting rid of all of these our squad looks suddenly too small!! Perhaps Burgstaller should be given a game , he can't do worse than Noone. Oh and I forgot about Digachoi who seems to be permanently injured.

If we were going to sell Marshall for decent money, it would have had to have happened in the summer. I'd be surprised if anyone came in with a big money offer at this stage.

He's on ITV4 now

As it stands Bruno will be back next week. Gabon conceded a penalty, and are going out