+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russell Slade makes Dave Jones look like Pep Guardiola

Russell Slade makes Dave Jones look like Pep Guardiola

Re: Russell Slade makes Dave Jones look like Pep Guardiola

It's true. Can accept playing long ball football if you can a method and an idea to it. I can't see that from what we are doing. Kenwyne and Revell up front is never going to work and to play long ball football you need movement off the 1st ball to anticipate a knock down, flick on or possibly to receive a pass if the forward holds it up. We haven't got that.

I thought it was brain dead moment when in the 2nd half Reading were getting most joy down the flanks, so Slade decides to change the formation to a narrow 3 in midfield and low and behold the winner comes from a cross from a wide area as there isn't the cover there.

I accept its not an easy task for Slade with all the departures and the shoestring he's working on to bring players in but when you don't seem to utilising remaining resources you have at the club effectively and don't seem to have a structure or a clear pattern of play, then that is a major concern.

Re: Russell Slade makes Dave Jones look like Pep Guardiola

I bet the Reading management team were puzzled by how we were going to play when they saw That Revell And Jones were play up front for us yesterday