+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has Slade still got a school teacher mentality?

Has Slade still got a school teacher mentality?

Firstly he doesn't sound like a football Manager in interviews, also I noticed in his pre-match conference yesterday that he referred to his players by surname only i.e Harris & Pilkington- there doesn't appear to be any familiarity about it (Kads, Pilks etc)

Maybe i'm being picky & unkind but he doesn't seem to have a bond with his team.

Could be the players faults mind,

Re: Has Slade still got a school teacher mentality?

From the few clips I've seen on TV it appears that the majority of players are very dispirited at present. There is undoubtedly a significant malaise throughout the club, but you can't simply put that down to the manager even if he is well out of his depth.

Offloading squad players who are surplus to requirements is understandable, but offloading a first team regular to a League One club and sending another on loan to a Championship rival borders on the bizarre. Stuff like that must be having an effect on the rest of the team.

If so he needs to get his cane out

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 12:14
    From the few clips I've seen on TV it appears that the majority of players are very dispirited at present. There is undoubtedly a significant malaise throughout the club, but you can't simply put that down to the manager even if he is well out of his depth.
    Slade is not strong enough to declare his need to keep first teamers!

He sums it up very honestly here in yesterdays interview

Re big earners, players in / out and his thoughts on the performance. Next week more players going out and a few more coming in.

Peltier has played under Slade before - so it seems he is trying to sign players he knows well and who can go straight into the 1st team. Which is what he needs to do if the current players dont respect him - on the other hand he needs to impart his tactics / style of play to the team asap as it's going to get a lot worse from Derby roll into town next Saturday.

He was asked about the second half performance and fans leaving - he said he would have left as well - I think he knows how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 12:19
    Offloading squad players who are surplus to requirements is understandable, but offloading a first team regular to a League One club and sending another on loan to a Championship rival borders on the bizarre. Stuff like that must be having an effect on the rest of the team.
    Or a Fire and Passion sale perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 13:02
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 12:19
    I think there is an air of arrogance around the Club believing we won't go down and its clearly obvious that we are in the midst of a fire sale.

Yesterday, just after the part when Noone took a (selfish?) shot instead of passing the ball to Kenwynne who then proceeded to let Noone know what he thought of it, Slade did a little *clap, clap* "come on boys!" thing on the sideline... Kenwynne shot him a look like Slade had sh*t in his shoes and then threw something he'd taken out of his mouth in Slade's direction. I thought players weren't allowed chewing gum or the like on the pitch, so I'm not sure what it was.

There was also a part where Slade said something to Malone who just rolled his eyes and walked off.

I think it's safe to say that some of the players don't rate him very highly.

Slade is like a supply teacher who the kids have rumbled and he
    is hanging on for the bell whilst worrying the Headmaster ( Tan )
    is going to appear at the classroom door to give him a
    bollocking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:18
    Slade is like a supply teacher who the kids have rumbled and he
    Painfully, I think you've summed it up perfectly.

Just a **** Mr Baxter