+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the debt being reduced?

Is the debt being reduced?

If so. isn't that what some fans wanted?

Re: Is the debt being reduced?

I would imagine with the 'pay offs' of players the debt has risen a bit recently but with the reduction in wages the 'week to week' running costs of the club has fallen considerably. The debt is so large that a few bob more is most probably of no consequence but with lower running expenditure and a hoped for increase in merchandise sales eventually due to the return to blue perhaps it's a ploy to make the club more attractive to a prospective buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:08
    That's what I wanted. Three years ago. Since then the debt has risen 100m and it's futile.

If we carried on doing it from Malky's first season then our debt would be at a much more manageable level and we'd have recognised coaches backing the manager. On the other hand back then Dalman told us we had a board who were never meeting? We'd still be relying on Tan and losing money but if a business had a choice of losing a medium amount, losing a little, breaking even or losing a medium amount, spending big, spending big, cutting dramatically which do you think they should choose?

We're doing what we need to do given the situation but that doesn't mean we haven't been badly managed or aren't still badly managed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 15:08
    I can remember a league match during the Durban days (forget who against) I was a schoolboy and on tea making duty. Two big pots at half time, and another two at full time. I was instructed to use the teabags twice, I kid you not! A bit off topic, but you get my point!

I doubt if the debt is being reduced, but will not escalate as much as it would have. So we paid off a few players which means we pay them severance pay but not as much as paying them for the term go their contract, but we lose out on any potential fees. not that Eikram and Berget would have attracted fees, but I'm sure we could have got something for Guerra, CAla and Kim. I'm also pretty sure these contacts wouldn't have been cancelled unless it was beneficial for the club's finances over the next few years.

Tan is still a billionaire apparently but is probably fed up with seeing his investment wasted by successive managers, as we all know about Mackay's signings and OGS' super transfers, Eikram, Daehli, Berget, Cala all gone, Guerra and Le Fondre out on loan. Please somebody take Fabio! Just Morrison, Manga, Macheda and Pilkington to go....and Gabbidon and Jones.
    Most have been terrible except for Jones this season, someone has to score the goals, and Pilkington looks OK. It's seems pretty clear that Brayford wanted out, so we'll probably be better off with Peltier.

It would be nice if we could get fees for players wouldn't it?