+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: thank you Mr Slade

thank you Mr Slade

Thank you Mr Slade you helped make my mind up regarding renewing my season ticket.I have watched city for over 50 years and had a season ticket for every decade since the sixties (missed years when i was playing and when the kids were young).

After watching the garbage yesterday I have decided to save my money. You said your squad was too big so why are the talented players leaving??? Your systems are archaic!!! Your style is hoofball. In schoolboy football goalkeepers have to throw the ball out to encourage passing football with you the only passes are back to the goalkeeper so he can kick it long and we lose possession!!! As for your sidekick- he's useless.

Please go and take young with you

Re: thank you Mr Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:11
    Thank you Mr Slade you helped make my mind up regarding renewing my season ticket.I have watched city for over 50 years and had a season ticket for every decade since the sixties (missed years when i was playing and when the kids were young).
    Had you been happy with Vincent Tan until this disappointing run of results?

What you saying #getridofSladeoryouwontgetpaid ?

No Why?

If you've really been watching us for 50 years (an it's amazing how many people have, I'm surprised we never had 30k crowds every week with the amount of people claiming to have), then surely you'll have seen us much worse than we are now?

Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:30
    What you say #getridofSladeoryouwontgetpaid ?
    I will obviously still follow city and go to the odd game but I'm not paying £400 to watch that garbage as a pensioner. I'm an ex school teacher and my teams played better football than his!!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:31
    If you've really been watching us for 50 years (an it's amazing how many people have, I'm surprised we never had 30k crowds every week with the amount of people claiming to have), then surely you'll have seen us much worse than we are now?
    And yes to 50 years saw John Charles play!!

I too have been going for over 60 years and i understand your feelings. But The City are The City and in bad times (and boy have there been many of those) they need us to be there more than ever. The Club is poor from the top and the manager does not impress. The footy is dire but I will be there next season evn though I now travel almost 200 miles from pwllheli in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:39
    I too have been going for over 60 years and i understand your feelings. But The City are The City and in bad times (and boy have there been many of those) they need us to be there more than ever. The Club is poor from the top and the manager does not impress. The footy is dire but I will be there next season evn though I now travel almost 200 miles from pwllheli in the north.
    Well done you! Good effort. I'm still intending to go occassionally but not the season ticket and 7 aways i've done so far!!

It's going be great back in the 4th Division - 20,000 crowds, great atmosphere, real fans, tradition, heritage, soul, but most important of all - a badge designed by the Trust...

Managers, owners, players and coaches come and go. The fans are the only constant, apart from those that jack it in when the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:44
    Managers, owners, players and coaches come and go. The fans are the only constant, apart from those that jack it in when the going gets tough.
    I don't think that's what i said and i've seen some tough times with very small crowds. But i was there yesterday and left wondering at my age why i still do it? And after comments like yours I definately wonder why I'm a fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:42
    It's going be great back in the 4th Division - 20,000 crowds, great atmosphere, real fans, tradition, heritage, soul, but most important of all - a badge designed by the Trust...
    There is no problem with that it'll never change, it's just the heart bleeding "I've been a fan of X amount of years...." that is comical. If you'd really saw the City at their worst and stuck through it, this would be a walk in the park. Yes it's shit, but on a level of shitness this isn't even close to where we've been previously.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:49
    People are attracted by glory, that's the same the world over, hence Man United getting 70k+ every week and Cardiff Corries getting two men and a dog.
    older wiser on a pension 3 good enough reasons not to put up with slade's hoofball

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:41
    Well done you! Good effort. I'm still intending to go occassionally but not the season ticket and 7 aways i've done so far!!
    Fair play to both of you

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Blue wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:48
    I don't think that's what i said and i've seen some tough times with very small crowds. But i was there yesterday and left wondering at my age why i still do it? And after comments like yours I definately wonder why I'm a fan!!
    I was there yesterday as well and I too wondered why I bother. It's because I know Slade and Tan will be gone one day, but if we stop going there won't be a club to watch.

Me too-1955 first game and there have been far worse times than this.Couldn't put it better City are the City!!!Wasn't driven away by Tan and the red and won't go now either.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sun, 25 January 2015 18:49
    People are attracted by glory, that's the same the world over, hence Man United getting 70k+ every week and Cardiff Corries getting two men and a dog.
    From an old fart

43 years for me, but still renewing next season,5 of us, take the good with the bad, , not enjoying it at the moment but I am sure good days will come again, that's what being a supporter is about.

Prick