+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City v Derby County. Matchday thread

Re: Cardiff City v Derby County. Matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by pengedragon wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:22
    They appear to be having a go here, whilst that's the least you should expect I wasn't expecting it after looking in on here for a few days
    Nice one.

Derby forced into their second long ball of the last 5 minutes.

Derby scored because they moved the ball quickly with neat passes, something that we can't do. Not because we can't pass but our positioning and movement is awful.

Why do we continue to play with the same gameplan against every team. Derby have 5 yards of space for every player. They are allowed to pass it out from the back. They are allowed to pass it around their back four with ease.

Our gameplan unsurprisingly is hoof it to Revell. It's comicle how bad we've become. Revell has no support and 20 yards between him and the nearest blue shirt. Hoof it anyway. It's only him against 4 Derby defenders sure.

Pathetic shit again. No heart, no passion, no guts, no gameplan.

Ref and linesman conspiring to ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:25
    They appear to be having a go here, whilst that's the least you should expect I wasn't expecting it after looking in on here for a few days
    Quote Originally Posted by pengedragon wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:22
    Nice one.

The derby move for the goal reminded me of when we had Bothroyd, Chopra, Whitts, Burke, McPhail all on the attack, free flowing and difficult to stop

set piece situations call for kenwyne

and how many times has that new kid passed the ball back to moore...jeez

This is the first game i've watched this season (due to work). Is there a single player in this team who can pass the ball more than 5 yards? our pass success must be the worst in the league, by a long way. Add this to our lack or possession and we've got a massive problem. In stark contrast to Derby who's every pass seems to be going to the man

O'Keefe showing Will Hughes that he isn't going to get 5 yards of space. Foul.

Think it was Morrison but one of our players earlier played an extremely risky back-pass. If that is so Moore could boot it up field then I despair.

Revell running between their two CB's but doesn't have pace or accuracy of the shot and it goes straight down keeper's throat.

Connolly steams forward only to stop and punt it aimlessly, but it nearly comes off.

Like **** was that a push by Revell

Revell strokes their defenders neck affectionately, steals the ball and runs into the box. Clueless lino stops play.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:31
    This is the first game i've watched this season (due to work). Is there a single player in this team who can pass the ball more than 5 yards? our pass success must be the worst in the league, by a long way. Add this to our lack or possession and we've got a massive problem. In stark contrast to Derby who's every pass seems to be going to the man
    We have the 3rd worst pass completion stats in the entire league - 22nd overall to go along with our possession stats which are the worst in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:36
    Revell strokes their defenders neck affectionately, steals the ball and runs into the box. Clueless lino stops play.

Whitts seems to be playing further up the pitch and is enjoying running around for the first time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:36
    We have the 3rd worst pass completion stats in the entire league - 22nd overall to go along with our possession stats which are the worst in the league.
    doesn't surprise me in the slightest. only revell was even remotely impressed me so far this half. At least he gives his best. gunnarson very poor so far

Peltier goes in with one, two good and hard challenges. Delivers a poor cross and it leads to a Gunnar long throw.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:39
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 15:36
    doesn't surprise me in the slightest. only revell was even remotely impressed me so far this half. At least he gives his best. gunnarson very poor so far
    Whilst not as good as Brayford, I think Peltier has done a good job with some hard running.

Peltier down. He's done okay so far so this is a blow.

We are shit

FFS

That's ****ing pathetic. They attack just outside our box and Hendricks has 10 yards space. Decides against the shot, lays it outside into an ocean of space. Quick cross, Martin manages to out jump 3 Cardiff players to score.

SLADE OUT

oh for the days when we'd stick 3 or 4 on these easily

That goal had quality written all over it. We aren't anywhere near the level we need to be at. Pace, vision and clinical finishing. We've got grit, effort and set pieces.