+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How poor is Malone

How poor is Malone

That was a shocker

Re: How poor is Malone

poor no doubt

Well he is not better than Fabio thats for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 17:45
    Well he is not better than Fabio thats for sure!
    Not fit to lace Declan john's boots IMHO, never mind Fabio!

Couldn't really see what happened from the family stand but it looked a soft goal...

Second goal was a killer !

A totally uninspiring game which will be do wonders for promoting the release of the 2015-2016 season tickets !

People talk about cost cutting etc and most would agree its a necessity.

However then paying money for a left back when we already have a Brazilian International and a promising young Welsh International left back just sums up how utterly clueless the bloke in charge is.

Slade Out!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 18:02
    People talk about cost cutting etc and most would agree its a necessity.
    Fabio will still have been a Brazilian international when he's 45 but that doesn't mean he should be our first choice fullback at that age.

Need to see the first goal again but thought Malone was fine today, people cheer Fabio for running around but he has little to no positional awareness, fine on the wing, liability as full back.

John the same, will be a better winger than full back.

Connolly looked like he hasn't played much football and left Malone a lot to do on the left hand side on a few occasions - this may have made Malone look poor.

Noone and, less so, Harris, don't offer a great deal of protection down their respective flanks either.

I thought he was fine today and gave 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty P wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 18:24
    Need to see the first goal again but thought Malone was fine today, people cheer Fabio for running around but he has little to no positional awareness, fine on the wing, liability as full back.
    Blah, Malone was poor at norwich and poor again today. Not impressed. Fabio didn't have more protection from the wingers when he was playing. Malone hoofs it.. at least Fabio offered support in attack...... But of course thats probably why he's been benched. Cant have anyone with any sort of attacking instinct in the team....

Does Malone have great positional awareness? Today we realised that Malone is more one-footed than McPhail.

Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 18:32
    Fabio flatters to deceive through his work rate but leaves team mates exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 18:36
    Malone definitely plays his position better than Fabio/John - none of the three are particularly two footed.

Didn't see the issue with Malone, thought he was decent

Quote Originally Posted by Matty P wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 18:38
    Quote Originally Posted by A-team wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 18:32
    Connolly looked like he hasn't played much football and left Malone a lot to do on the left hand side on a few occasions - this may have made Malone look poor.
    Malone was involved in both goals. What planet are you on?

Malone scored the 1st was 30 yards away from the player who supplied the inch perfect cross for the 2nd. Millwall said he was sh1te. They were right

Sadly, on his debut I didn't think he was that bad, but it looks like he's settled into Slade's form of mismanagement. The players look directionless. Derby sat back in the second half and still created chances against our dreadful side. What made me laugh - at one point it looked like Cardiff were the side 2-0 up as they sat back, completely lacking in any urgency. I don't even feel bad about it now, but I just hope someone comes to their senses soon.

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 19:09
    Malone scored the 1st was 30 yards away from the player who supplied the inch perfect cross for the 2nd. Millwall said he was sh1te. They were right
    No they didn't. They said he'd been poor for them this season but they also voted him player of the year last season.

league 1 manager

league 1 players

thats our standard

i didnt expect anything else really, not going to be world class is he

I thought Malone was poor today although not as bad as Noone or Gunnarson
    From what I have seen of him , I would say Malone is marginally better than Fabio and John defensively but not with ball at feet or going forward

Spot on summary .

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 19:31
    Funny how we see different things. Thought he was utter garbage today. Both goals from his spot. The 2nd was incredible. The guy had all the time in the world to pick a spot for his cross. Meanwhile Malone was holding hands with the centre backs.

From what I have seen of him , I would say Malone is marginally better than Fabio and John defensively but not with ball at feet or going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcestershire wrote on Sat, 31 January 2015 19:41
    I didn't think Malone was great today, but I don't see what he did to deserve the slating he is getting from some in this thread.

I thought both full backs were steadyish if a little uninspiring. It's the final third where I worry for us.