+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Gunnarsson changed game plan?

Aaron Gunnarsson changed game plan?

A poster on the other board (which has a rather high percentage of poster privvy to inside information) has indicated that Aaron Gunnarsson told the team to ignore Slade's hoof ball tactics and play a more passing style against Derby. Given there was proof of an attempt to pass it more, there was a definite slight difference in approach to previous games.

Has anybody else heard this about Gunnarsson pre match (apparently happened in the player huddle) as these rumours always seem to surface over on the other board which has an alarmingly high number of people with sources from within the club?

Slade having lost the dressing room to some extent I can believe but for the captain to tell the team to play totally differently to the way the manager has instructed? I'm not so sure.

Re: Aaron Gunnarsson changed game plan?

Highly doubt that.

If he did well done Gunner, the players must know what crap Slades tactics are. Slade has lost the changing room and he will resign within the month !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 12:52
    A poster on the other board (which has a rather high percentage of poster privvy to inside information) has indicated that Aaron Gunnarsson told the team to ignore Slade's hoof ball tactics and play a more passing style against Derby. Given there was proof of an attempt to pass it more, there was a definite slight difference in approach to previous games.
    So was the poster in the huddle with them

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 12:56
    Has anybody else heard this about Gunnarsson pre match (apparently happened in the player huddle) as these rumours always seem to surface over on the other board which has an alarmingly high number of people with sources from within the club?
    There always seems to be an agenda.

Wouldnt hoof ball suit Gunnarson more?

Isn't Gunner the flavour of the month on that board because he gave Hordor's daughter his shirt?

Wouldnt be the first time that stories have been made up to suit an agenda

Quote Originally Posted by TT BLUEBIRD wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 12:56
    If he did well done Gunner, the players must know what crap Slades tactics are. Slade has lost the changing room and he will resign within the month !!!
    Given that Gunnarsson couldn't pass water I find this highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 12:59
    Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 12:56
    Slade having lost the dressing room to some extent I can believe but for the captain to tell the team to play totally differently to the way the manager has instructed? I'm not so sure.
    So is the other board reliable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 13:18
    Isn't Gunner the flavour of the month on that board because he gave Hordor's daughter his shirt?
    Maybe Gunnarsson will throw his boots to Mike Morris the next time he's spotted in the crowd ... nothing like trying to curry favour, eh!

He passed her his shirt after the game and it ended up in a different stand.

So, Gunnarsons speech in the huddle went something like this the......

" guys, forget the gameplan, the mans an idiot, so this is what we do. We stay solid in front of the back four, me and my mate Keefy will stop any attacks getting at the back four down the centre. Noony and Whitty Boy will hold the outside channels in front of Pelty and Molly. We keep our shape when they have the ball with Kartoon Kaddy sitting just behind the Toffee.

When we get the ball lads, it changes from Baldys plan. ON THE FLOOR BOYS, ON THE FLOOR. Short, precise passing from the back four to me. I will sit, control the pace of the game with Keefy pushing on. Keep looking for me boys and I will slot it about. Whitty Boy you look for angled runs in behind and me and Keefy will slot the ball in behind on the deck to get you and Noony to the bylines.

Kartoon Kaddy I want you to hold your runs as Toffee gets into the box just in front of you, arrive late, with Keefy coming in sweeping up and getting the free ball.

Pelty and Molly, one of you is ALWAYS looking to bomb on and get to the edge of the box or wide of Whitty Boy and Noony, we need you up, all the time, it will hold their midfield because they ain't gonna leave you on your own.

Now let's go out and play football.yaaaaaaaaaay"

"Just one question Gunny" said Kartoon Kaddy, "did you say that YOU were going to control the game?"

Does anyone really believe that Slade just tells them to hoof it up front? I think it's more a case of trying to pass a bit then realising we haven't got the ability to do it against better players and then a case of it's all they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 14:15
    Does anyone really believe that Slade just tells them to hoof it up front? I think it's more a case of trying to pass a bit then realising we haven't got the ability to do it against better players and then a case of it's all they can do.
    In reality the players have to react to the situation in front of you if the opposition midfield are pressing you midfield for space and there is no pass on and someone is chasing you down you hit it long because there are no other options available.

A poster on the other board (which has a rather high percentage of poster privvy to inside information)...
    And I thought we had enough trouble with adverts on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 13:50
    B 2 B.

Didn't someone post this story on Sunday?

Sounds like more egotistical bollox from fans desperate to be in the know love children.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 13:50
    I think even Gunnar would struggle to reach row EE with a pair of boots.

Absolute fantasy land

Glad most seem to think that it is rubbish as I fully believe that is what it is.

I earlier said the other board has a high percentage of people in the know which should have read claim to be in the know.