+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Cheltenham Festival

OT Cheltenham Festival

This year I'm going by train, does anybody know if you can buy and pre-book bus tickets from the station to the course?

Re: OT Cheltenham Festival

Just been looking into it myself. Think you just pay when you get there.

At The Festival and The Open a shuttle bus service will be operating, picking up at Cheltenham Spa Railway Station and outside WH Smith in the centre of town before dropping off at the Racecourse. Return buses pick up from the Racecourse with stops at Pittville Street and then the Station.

• Return from Station - £5
    • Single from Station - £3
    • Single from Town - £2.50
    • Single from Racecourse - £2.50

Read more at http://cheltenham.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/vis itor-information/directions-parking#44erRXMwDfJjFRoZ.99

Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 14:11
    This year I'm going by train, does anybody know if you can buy and pre-book bus tickets from the station to the course?
    leave plenty of time its chaos

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 15:34
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 14:11
    leave plenty of time its chaos
    Yeah I know

It's a pleasant 40 min walk through the town and you get to soak up the atmosphere with the chance of a couple of beers en route.

We normally walk back to the station depending on how we all done its either or

Never been, but would have liked to have gone when Night Nurse, Sea Pigeon and of course Dessie were running.

I used to go every year.
    You can actually purchase them with your train tickets in Cardiff central.
    You can purchase them as you get on the bus which leaves from Cheltenham station car park.
    Best bet is to get to Cheltenham early walk to the town centre have a pint then walk to the Race coarse from there.
    Most people get off the buses and walk anyway as the Traffic is a nightmare and it`s quicker to walk.

At the races it's £4.50 a pint so a couple on en route is the usual option although saving money is not usually high on the agenda

I'm going on Friday for The Gold Cup. This is my first ever visit. Robbing bar stewards charging a tenner to park my car. Still excited though.

Have a breakfast at the Beehive in Montpelier and they take you to the course in a mini bus.