+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: combi boiler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

combi boiler

The water runs hot then cold no radiators on help please.

Re: combi boiler

It is usually caused by someone in another room pulling the flush.

Happy to help.

It's knackerd get a new asap

It's the thermostat cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 17:50
    It is usually caused by someone in another room pulling the flush.
    B 2 B.

Does it eventually warm up again? Or does it stay cold?

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 18:23
    It does get hot then cold again

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 18:35
    B 2 B.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 18:36
    After it gets cold, does it get hot again.
    then cold

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 18:41
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 18:36
    After it gets cold, does it get hot again.
    B 2 B.
    What make is it.?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 17:46
    Sounds just like my mrs

Check the bar rating it should be between 1 or 2

Pressure problem should be above 1bar or the boiler wont faire up or will stop

Do your radiators get warm at all. I had a problem once where the radiators were on but the water was running hot then cold. It turned out that the shower mixer was broke and the cold water was backflowing throrough the hot water in the mixer and shutting off boiler. This can happen with any faulty mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by welshden wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 10:37
    Do your radiators get warm at all. I had a problem once where the radiators were on but the water was running hot then cold. It turned out that the shower mixer was broke and the cold water was backflowing throrough the hot water in the mixer and shutting off boiler. This can happen with any faulty mixers.
    Radiators are all working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 11:04
    So if the radiators are fine do you have any mixer taps in the house or showers with a thermosatic valve. All my cold water pipes to taps or shower have quarter turn isolating valves so I turned them all off on the cold side on mixer taps or shower then tried the hot water and all was ok. I then turned each one of the isolating valves back on one at a time and trying the hot water, I eventually worked out which mixer tap was allowing the cold to flow back to the hot pipes and shutting the boiler off. If you find that by isolating a particular mixing tap the problem goes then you can either change the mixer tap or put a non return valve in the cold supply to the mixer tap giving problem.

Quote Originally Posted by welshden wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 15:56
    So if the radiators are fine do you have any mixer taps in the house or showers with a thermosatic valve. All my cold water pipes to taps or shower have quarter turn isolating valves so I turned them all off on the cold side on mixer taps or shower then tried the hot water and all was ok. I then turned each one of the isolating valves back on one at a time and trying the hot water, I eventually worked out which mixer tap was allowing the cold to flow back to the hot pipes and shutting the boiler off. If you find that by isolating a particular mixing tap the problem goes then you can either change the mixer tap or put a non return valve in the cold supply to the mixer tap giving problem.
    Cheers will try this.

Sorry forgot to mention, a quick way to check if you do have a backflow of cold water through the hot water is to disconnect the hot water out pipe from the boiler and if there is water continually coming from the house side of the pipe then it is more than likely cold water coming through a broken mixer or shower valve.

Quote Originally Posted by welshden wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 16:11
    Sorry forgot to mention, a quick way to check if you do have a backflow of cold water through the hot water is to disconnect the hot water out pipe from the boiler and if there is water continually coming from the house side of the pipe then it is more than likely cold water coming through a broken mixer or shower valve.
    Hi Jeepster if you find out it is a mixing tap causing the problem put a non return valve in anyway as it stops the problem happening again if the mixer goes faulty in future and also the non return valve goes on the hot side not cold as I previously mentioned, sorry typo error. The aim is to stop the cold flowing into the hot side.