+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimbo has signed for Malky Mackay at Wigan

Re: Kimbo has signed for Malky Mackay at Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:39
    thats one in the eye for Tigerbaybluebird and the other i hate Malky brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumney-Coleman wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:14
    You look stupid in a green hoody, and cheer up a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:05
    You were behind me in the traffic outside Holland House this morning. I did try and wave

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:27
    I always wondered why the comments of Kim's agent at the time of the textgate scandal coming to light seemed to be mostly overlooked. Here was a man accused of racist behaviour and the supposed target of this racist behaviour saying he got on very well with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:24
    Guess the comments didn't fit in with ensuing witchhunt
    Yes it was unacceptable but the reaction went well over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 13:37
    I always wondered why the comments of Kim's agent at the time of the textgate scandal coming to light seemed to be mostly overlooked. Here was a man accused of racist behaviour and the supposed target of this racist behaviour saying he got on very well with him
    People who hold racist views can still work with and be friends with people of a different race.
    I also don't find his actions worthy of some sort of draconian punishment either.

Hope it works out well for the both of them,I think Kim might suddenly refind his form ion a game later this month

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:02
    "I am very happy to be joining up with the gaffer again. I really enjoyed working with him in the past and he helped me so much in my career. He gave me the chance to fulfil my dream of playing in England and I am now looking forward so much to working with him again.
    Makes you wonder why City cancelled his contract during the transfer window and didn't try to get something for him. If he was still at the club on 3rd Feb, then cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Giles wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 13:53
    "I am very happy to be joining up with the gaffer again. I really enjoyed working with him in the past and he helped me so much in my career. He gave me the chance to fulfil my dream of playing in England and I am now looking forward so much to working with him again.
    "Since becoming a free agent, we had various offers but when the chance came to be with the gaffer again at Wigan, this really was the only place I wanted to come."
    Clubs and agents know the score in these situation, and know when deals can and cant be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloke on Wigan site wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015
    Just need to sign a woman and homosexual Jew and we'll be clean as a whistle

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:06
    Sort of dilutes Malky's reputation as a racist doesn't it
    Or you could say the pay day was too great for him to turn down , money before pride perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:45
    Or you could say the pay day was too great for him to turn down , money before pride perhaps ?
    And if they did, MM is unlikely to be throwing ridiculous amounts at him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:50
    "Since becoming a free agent, we had various offers but when the chance came to be with the gaffer again at Wigan, this really was the only place I wanted to come."
    I never fall for the ""other club"" offer ,I guess other offers were made at the lower wage scale and signing on fee's , I should imagine it works by the agent / player picking the best deal, as a PR exercise it give credit to Wigan ,especially for the the manager and owner ?

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:57
    I know you've got to take these comments with a pinch of salt, but it seems a little unlikely to me that Wigan were blowing everyone else out of the water with an incredible offer. It probably is more likely that the two don't really have that much of a problem with each other.
    It only a deal to the end of the season, im a little bit surprised about that. I doesnt sound like clubs were climbing over themselves to get him.

Perhaps racist comments run deeper than we thought

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:58
    I know you've got to take these comments with a pinch of salt, but it seems a little unlikely to me that Wigan were blowing everyone else out of the water with an incredible offer. It probably is more likely that the two don't really have that much of a problem with each other.
    Probably a new contract on the table if they stay up. If they get relegated again I'd imagine they'd need to cut more costs.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:58
    Bigger signing on fee probably, Id sign for the fee/wages's they get they could call me anything , even a scouser .

We are just going to overlook the "playing in England" bit, are we?

When it first came to light didn't Kimbo's agent say Kim had always been treated well?

On the other hand, maybe Kim's only experience of British managers is Malky, Ole and Slade so feels respect most by Malky...

And on a third hand, good luck to him.

i guess if the person it was directed at thinks " so what " then the " mock shock brigade " on here might just have over-reacted

Quote Originally Posted by WrongEyedJesus wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:21
    have we forgotten them ? ? ?

It was obviously a Korea move.

Probably your club being fair and allowing him to move to a bigger club

Quote Originally Posted by pencoedjack wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 17:44
    Bo-Kyung's agent Yeung-Joong Lee said:

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 12:47
    Does Kimbo really refer to him as the gaffer? seems an odd phrase for someone whose spoken Englash isn't great
    It's because Malky has a reputation for making gaffes.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongEyedJesus wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 14:21
    Or as man with the purse said .. giz wun o' them split-arsed lassies, oh - an' a bummer yiddywiddydiddy.