+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eastern High School

Eastern High School

Worryingly poor:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/teaching-not-go od-enough-bullying-8591880

A troubled Cardiff secondary school will require "special measures" after a damning inspection report found all aspects of provision "unsatisfactory".

Education watchdog Estyn said safeguarding arrangements at Eastern High School "give serious cause for concern" and the standard of pupils' work is well below expectations.

Inspectors said pupils at the Rumney school do not make enough progress in a majority of lessons and generally their behaviour, attitude to learning, and social skills are poor while bullying was "frequent".

I have heard that this years A-C GCSE achievements will see Eastern High as one of, if not the lowest achieving high school in all of the UK

Re: Eastern High School

Quote Originally Posted by Peru Bluebird wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 19:41
    Worryingly poor:
    f

Worryingly poor:
    It was shite when it was Caer Castell when I went their 50 years ago and when it was Rumney high school. Rumney has been abandoned not just in education but every aspect of life.it must have the worst council housing stock in Cardiff and its amongst the top 100 most deprived areas in Wales, and the two local Labour councillors voted against trying to save the local library that has been earmarked to close.

never believed in league tables and don't now

that's my old stomping ground and half intelligent

yes i,m older now but a clever swine

My school Glan Ely was the first school in the whole of Wales to fail it rebranded to Michaealston community college and has got a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by legendary lethal lynex wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 22:12
    Worryingly poor:
    Hard to disagree with any of that. Total postcode lottery, there's hundreds of kids in Cardiff who've received a terrible standard of education, far inferior to the standard of education received by kids living in neighboring areas of Cardiff. The knock of effects is likely to be increased youth unemployment in Cardiff over the next few years unfortunately, the personal costs to those kids who went to Eastern High, and the financial resources put into trying to address the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 22:17
    Worryingly poor:
    As bad (or good) as schools in Rumney and Llanrumney may have been before, Eastern Highs performance has seen it travel on a downward spiral alarmingly fast. Think of some of the schools in the most socially deprived areas of London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow etc. Easter High is on track to perform worse than any of them, which is absolutely shocking

peru it was only the other week st illtyds were getting alot of grief regarding educating standards in the east of cardiff

don't believe the hype sunshine . pupils will know there own boundaries whatever school they choose to go

it's a non starter story

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer1 wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 22:49
    peru it was only the other week st illtyds were getting alot of grief regarding educating standards in the east of cardiff
    I've had an inside track on this and on this particular occasion it's not just hype, Eastern High this year has been about as bad as it gets. Hopefully they'll sort it out for next years academic year, and I'm sure there'll be a massive improvement. I just feel sorry for the kids sitting their GCSE's this year as they haven't had the same opportunities as kids in every other school in Cardiff

well i've got alot of clout in this too for various reasons and the headline that you and other people portray is totally absurd when you consider st illtyds is far worse in terms of standards the other high school in the east of the city

we could argue all day on the matter but league tables mean sod all

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer1 wrote on Fri, 06 February 2015 23:05
    well i've got alot of clout in this too for various reasons and the headline that you and other people portray is totally absurd when you consider st illtyds is far worse in terms of standards the other high school in the east of the city
    It's a daft thing to argue about anyway, I'm sure you know much more about this than me. I just hope that it is all just hype, I guess we'll find out when the GCSE results come out later on in the year

I feel much gratitude for the four teachers out of the 400 that actually tried to enjoy their job, two of those being massive City fans. RIP Mr Walsh.

a bunch of thicko"s from rumney, whats new .

They made us Illt's look like fecking Eton

I left in 2006 and our results then weren't exactly poor either.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 07:49
    They made us Illt's look like fecking Eton
    and considering St Illtyds was like the film 'Scum' that's no mean achievement

Ignore league tables and look at the school, Rumney has some of the biggest assholes ive ever met in Cardiff and every other person seems to be a "chav", put people from that environment into a school and its just constant stop starting, bullying, fighting and just underachievement and lack of any real work. Its the only place ive known where a friend was beat up as he left school, literally outside the school for wearing some rocker type clothes, ive been chased in a car by someone who was trying to genuinely kill me with a weapon and ive only ever been in the area a few times.