+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to the rugby tonight

Went to the rugby tonight

Had some tickets given to us and went with friends to the game, I had beer poured over me and my view was constantly blocked by people up and down. There was trouble behind us and apparently this was not the only trouble in the ground tonight. Bet it will not be in the eggo tomorrow

Re: Went to the rugby tonight

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 01:20
    Had some tickets given to us and went with friends to the game, I had beer poured over me and my view was constantly blocked by people up and down. There was trouble behind us and apparently this was not the only trouble in the ground tonight. Bet it will not be in the eggo tomorrow
    Awwwwww..........diddums!!

High jinks 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 01:25
    Awwwwww..........diddums!!
    Bit harsh?

If not, how the feck do you expect them to know?

You one of those pathetic City fans who sing touched by your fathers?

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 03:54
    Did you tell your story to an Echo reporter? Report it to the police?
    Will get right on it

Quote Originally Posted by Frankel wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 04:18
    ffs shurrup you silly tit. England with a weakened team were fantastic tonight, why can't you comment on that? Stick to soccer sweetheart. Went to Shrewsbury once and witnessed Cardiff City fans turn a car over with the driver still in it. ****ing cowards when confronted they shit themselves.
    Yes England were and their defence was outstanding and as for me being a pathetic City fan, I sit in the Grandstand and abhor confrontation of any kind but I would not mind giving you a slap

Couple of guys near me acting like a right pair of ****s chucking stuff at England fans. Stewards came over and had a word. At the CCS, they would've been kicked out and would probably be having a knock on the door this morning.
    Apart from that, I though Wales were crap, England were ok, and I froze my bollocks off.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 07:15
    ffs shurrup you silly tit. England with a weakened team were fantastic tonight, why can't you comment on that? Stick to soccer sweetheart. Went to Shrewsbury once and witnessed Cardiff City fans turn a car over with the driver still in it. ****ing cowards when confronted they shit themselves.
    Girl Power

No sympathy there are better sports to watch with real fans who actually know whats going on , not a bunch of people who turn up 3 times a year ,as if its an extra new years eve party , bet the knowledgeable ladies thought Shane Williams played well as they glugged their 10th pint of cheap lager down

That was in 1986 in Shrewsbury ffs only almost 30 years ago??? I would hardly call those involved that night cowards either, mental maybe. Bloke working for me at mo used to do doors in the city centre, it's a well known fact that when the rugby is in its a nightmare, fights everywhere, windows going through and general carnage. The valleys invasion they call it. Most people I know in cardiff wouldn't dream of going in to town on the rugby days, more so leave the city for the weekend. The police also turn a blind eye as they couldn't possibly deal with the amount of problems they have.

Quote Originally Posted by goats wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 08:18
    With regards's to the the 70's it was reported in the media the point the poster was making this behavior in 2015 doesn't get reported and never has ,its not a balanced behavior by media or the police , and its more do with Rugby snobbery looking down on football fans

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 08:29
    Quote Originally Posted by goats wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 08:18
    That was in 1986 in Shrewsbury ffs only almost 30 years ago??? I would hardly call those involved that night cowards either, mental maybe. Bloke working for me at mo used to do doors in the city centre, it's a well known fact that when the rugby is in its a nightmare, fights everywhere, windows going through and general carnage. The valleys invasion they call it. Most people I know in cardiff wouldn't dream of going in to town on the rugby days, more so leave the city for the weekend. The police also turn a blind eye as they couldn't possibly deal with the amount of problems they have.
    But hey it's only high jinks

Frankel, you are an absolute tosser keyboard warrior abusing a women, you must be a rugby fan, haven't got a girlfriend or wife you can beat up because Wales lost?

I've seen far worse at Cardiff games.

Confronted by who?

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 08:13
    No sympathy there are better sports to watch with real fans who actually know whats going on , not a bunch of people who turn up 3 times a year ,as if its an extra new years eve party , bet the knowledgeable ladies thought Shane Williams played well as they glugged their 10th pint of cheap lager down
    I've only been the the egg a few times. On the last occasion there was a women commenting on the tactics in a far more considered way then I've ever heard down the City.

Alcohol fuelled rant!!

I once watched a rugby game, think it was Wales V's the Baa Baa's, stood on the old arms park terrace and watched people p1ssing where they stood, the looked down on the floor and saw a stream of p1ss running down the terrace and onto my trainers

never again, not my thing

when i was home and single, we always used to avoid town when the rugby was on, used to often have the night out in Bristol or just jump on a train and end up somewhere random, always avoided town like the plauge

once again, not my thing

But we know what to expect

Im not a rubgy lover, but I havent seen anything written here that I havent seen at a City match.
    At the Carling cup final, a few Liverpool fans were booted down the stairs. That didnt make the papers, so I doubt someone spilling a bit of beer on someone will.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 15:55
    Im not a rubgy lover, but I havent seen anything written here that I havent seen at a City match.
    to be fair though, they were scousers and it gave them another chance to moan and blame others so no real harm done

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by What_Kieran_Said wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 12:54
    Those types of photos on a match day are given lighthearted captions, the same style photos after an organised student night in town (carnage) are treated as evidence that today's youth are the scum of the earth