+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leighton James on Radio Wales phone in.....

Re: Leighton James on Radio Wales phone in.....

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 11:47
    jackrabbit wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 22:06] It's quite simple, I think a Welshman should captain Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 16:40
    It's embarrassing, we have plenty of decent Welsh players, Bale, Ramsey, Ledley, Davies, Allen, Collins etc. all playing at a decent level.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 16:33
    I don't rate Williams as a player, or a man (his off field activities have been well publicised), and I resent the fact that he's not good enough for his own country, but is happy to play for another, even though it means he's taking the place of a true Welshman in the team. It was for this reason that Ben Turner declined the offer to play for Wales, even though he's every bit as "Welsh" as Ashley Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 14:13
    So its bitter you are then.
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 12:44
    You're blaming Williams for FIFA's actions when setting the criteria of eligibility for international players.
    You (and your family ) seem to be in the minority regarding our Ash, doesn't stop you boring the fuk out of everyone

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=pencoedjack wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 12:09
    G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 11:47] It's quite simple, I think a Welshman should captain Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 22:06
    It's embarrassing, we have plenty of decent Welsh players, Bale, Ramsey, Ledley, Davies, Allen, Collins etc. all playing at a decent level.
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 16:40
    I don't rate Williams as a player, or a man (his off field activities have been well publicised), and I resent the fact that he's not good enough for his own country, but is happy to play for another, even though it means he's taking the place of a true Welshman in the team. It was for this reason that Ben Turner declined the offer to play for Wales, even though he's every bit as "Welsh" as Ashley Williams.
    You're blaming Williams for FIFA's actions when setting the criteria of eligibility for international players.
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 12:44
    How did you feel when, born in Zimbabwe, Robert Earnshaw played for Wales? I was always glad he was "Welsh". But not as glad as I was that he didn't start the game against us in the play off's because when he came on he put the frighteners up us.
    They probably don't care about football clubs chairmen changing kit colours, football clubs ripping off local businesses, football players robbing handbags, and English footballers displaying a defaced Welsh flag at a game either!

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:21
    pencoedjack wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 12:09] It's quite simple, I think a Welshman should captain Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 11:47
    How did you feel when, born in Zimbabwe, Robert Earnshaw played for Wales? I was always glad he was "Welsh". But not as glad as I was that he didn't start the game against us in the play off's because when he came on he put the frighteners up us.
    Maybe Coleman is just doing it to wind you up. h
    Keep up your campaign mush, sure Ash will retire in about 2 years you can say it was worth getting yourself all bothered about it then

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:21
    You'd be surprised how many people care about the Wales football team being captained by an Englishman.
    I haven't met anyone who cares about that. I know a few who don't rate him but nobody who thinks a player needs two Welsh parents to qualify for Wales. It hasn't been like that for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=pencoedjack wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:59
    G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:21] It's quite simple, I think a Welshman should captain Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by pencoedjack wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 12:09
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 11:47
    I wonder what Grangetown Bore would have made of Vinnie Jones playing for WALES.
    You are right-the vast majority have no issue with it!

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 14:07
    You'd be surprised how many people care about the Wales football team being captained by an Englishman.
    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:21
    And those who don't care? I'm hopefully boring them to tears!
    Williams doesn't have one Welsh parent, and was rejected by his own country.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 14:19
    pencoedjack wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:59] It's quite simple, I think a Welshman should captain Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by pencoedjack wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 12:09
    I wonder what Grangetown Bore would have made of Vinnie Jones playing for WALES.
    As far as Leighton James goes, he was one hell of a winger - part of the great Swans side that were promoted to the top level in 1981. His rants at our current wingers in the Swans side are spot on. They are not getting the crosses in that wingers are supposed to provide for centre forwards. Hallelujah! Amen to that.
    Welshmen for Wales See you in Israel x