+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan watch

Loan watch

Only a penalty but it helped bottom of the table Lierse SK to a 3-2 away win in the Belgian League.He played the whole game which usually means a player has been effective(Whitts is the exception that proves the rule).

Deji Oshilaja got his first clean sheet with Wimbledon in a 2-0 win over Newport,Ben Nugent played in Yeovil's 2-1 win over Crawley and KTC played in St Etienne's 3-3 draw with Lens.

No luck elsewhere.Adam Le Fondre,Javi Guerra and Danny Johnson all failed to score in defeats and Filip Kiss was on the wrong end of a 4-0 for Ross County.(Tommy O'Sullivan didn't get on for Port Vale)

Of our recent departees,Kim and Daehli played in heavy home defeats but Luke Coulson helped Oxford City to a 5-0 away win,a good result considering they weren't playing us.Guido Burgstaller came on for German 2nd division team Nurnberg at FSV Frankfurt in a 2-1 defeat today.

Re: Loan watch

What an excellent post - from where do you get all that information? Any chance you could do this every Sunday - particularly with our loanees.

Diolch.

I enjoyed it as well. I never get doe eyed about ex players ,but getting shot of Deahli was fookin criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 22:10
    What an excellent post - from where do you get all that information? Any chance you could do this every Sunday - particularly with our loanees.
    Yes,I'll try.I'm interested to see how O'Sullivan gets on at Port Vale.He's 20 now,time to start making an impression at league level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 22:13
    I enjoyed it as well. I never get doe eyed about ex players ,but getting shot of Deahli was fookin criminal.
    I'm the same but I'm certainly interested in how good some of Ole's signings turn out to be,I've a feeling he was a much better judge of a player than people are giving him credit for.I see that Eikrem set up the only goal of the game for Berget in a friendly for Malmo at D.C United in the week,I wouldn't even rule those two out from having a good future in the game.Its so frustrating that Ole couldn't make it work here.

So this thread is not about renting watches? I need a Rolex to impress a girl next Friday.

Cornelius scored as well in a friendly on sat.
    No idea who the opposition were.
    Ran onto a through ball and finished well.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 23:23
    Diolch.
    He's only there for a month so let's hope he gets some game time during his loan period. Look forward to next weekend's catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 19:38
    Only a penalty but it helped bottom of the table Lierse SK to a 3-2 away win in the Belgian League.He played the whole game which usually means a player has been effective(Whitts is the exception that proves the rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 23:46
    I'm the same but I'm certainly interested in how good some of Ole's signings turn out to be,I've a feeling he was a much better judge of a player than people are giving him credit for.I see that Eikrem set up the only goal of the game for Berget in a friendly for Malmo at D.C United in the week,I wouldn't even rule those two out from having a good future in the game.Its so frustrating that Ole couldn't make it work here.
    Anyway, some of his signings were questionable but I think you are right by saying some will go on to do well.

Is KTC still our player - What the hell is he doing on loan? Thought he was one of the few to perform on occasions last season...

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 13:29
    Is KTC still our player - What the hell is he doing on loan? Thought he was one of the few to perform on occasions last season...
    Wasn't there some personal/family issue over the summer that led to the club making it easy for him to move back 'home'?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 23:46
    Worst manager I have ever watched over a sustained period.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 11:46
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 23:23
    Diolch.
    Thanks,livescore.com is an excellent source for team line-ups across Europe.
    The new leaders are Shrewsbury,Wimbledon go there on Saturday.

More praise for Oshilaja here from his captain and manager after last week's win against Newport."I thought he was absolutely immense today in every way" is not said about many City players these days,they're not words I've found myself using about Scott Malone yet anyway.

http:// www.london24.com/sport/football/barry_fuller_praises_young_d uo_as_future_looks_bright_for_afc_wimbledon_1_3948 062

That's really good news to see a City youngster impressing. I know that he did well with the County a year or so ago. I do wonder if he would benefit from being around Ecuele Manga for a while as although Oshilaja is not the biggest centre backs around, he does seem to have some good footballing attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 19:38
    Should call yourself Loanamski - cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 10:01
    That's really good news to see a City youngster impressing. I know that he did well with the County a year or so ago. I do wonder if he would benefit from being around Ecuele Manga for a while as although Oshilaja is not the biggest centre backs around, he does seem to have some good footballing attributes.
    Ardley mentions his height but says its not an issue,that's how I've seen it too.Tom James is the one who probably needs to keep growing for a bit longer to make it as a centre-half but he's such a good footballer he could play in other positions I think.You're right about Manga,any youngster would benefit from being around him,but I assume he'll go in the summer.That could open the door for Deji here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 10:27
    Ardley mentions his height but says its not an issue,that's how I've seen it too.Tom James is the one who probably needs to keep growing for a bit longer to make it as a centre-half but he's such a good footballer he could play in other positions I think.You're right about Manga,any youngster would benefit from being around him,but I assume he'll go in the summer.That could open the door for Deji here though.
    No doubt, we'll end up signing another four centre halves this summer as we go through our next transition phase and Deji and three or four other good quality young players will be loaned out again - as results and performances at first team level get worse and worse, it seems that our willingness to look at players already contracted with the club for a solution becomes less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 11:07
    Deji seemed to need a game or two to get back in the swing of things at League Two level, but he proved at Newport that he's easily good enough for that level and it sounds like he is doing it again.
    By the time I've sent this,Terroso will have resigned and Durban brought in as Director of Football but it was a nice dream while I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 12:04
    Also note that West Ham have got rid of Morrison early and he cant play for anyone now till the summer , due to him having played for West Ham and us this season .
    I think you'll find that he could play, on loan, for us.

say what you want

velikonja, daehli, guerra, burgstaller, eikrem

all score tons of goals on football manager 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 12:34
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 11:07
    Deji seemed to need a game or two to get back in the swing of things at League Two level, but he proved at Newport that he's easily good enough for that level and it sounds like he is doing it again.
    It might be that he's not quite ready for Championship football yet, but there's a time coming soon when a decision has to be made about keeping him at Cardiff and I think it will be criminal if he is released without getting some league games at least to try and prove himself.
    It could well be that Terroso is one of those unsung guys who will prove to be a first rate coach. Is he ready for the step up? Who knows but if Slade was to go then if he was given a go then I would support him.

It might be that he's not quite ready for Championship football yet, but there's a time coming soon when a decision has to be made about keeping him at Cardiff and I think it will be criminal if he is released without getting some league games at least to try and prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 15:54
    To my mind, Deji has more pace and athleticism than many of our first team defenders, he tackles well and, rather like Danny Gabbidon, has a good leap which makes his relative lack of height less of a problem than it could be. He also has a bit more maturity to his game now and the fact the club were playing him as a sitting midfielder early in the season tells you that his passing is better than one or two first team defenders as well.
    Sorry,I meant when.