+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Balckpool fans being sued

More Balckpool fans being sued

Sounds a bit OTT to me but just goes to show how careful we all need to be when making comments on a Football Forum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-31299325

Re: More Balckpool fans being sued

Maybe, maybe not OTT

If Vincent tan publicly called any of the MB users something out of order, they'd be after him, possibly through the courts.

The abuse aimed at Vincent tan on here has been a disgrace at times, so, it's not surprising that someone like the Oystons want some revenge.

Like you said, care is needed when typing.

Croesy could make himself a small fortune.

There used to be a saying that this was a free country, sadly it seems a long time ago now you can no longer risk saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:35
    There used to be a saying that this was a free country, sadly it seems a long time ago now you can no longer risk saying anything.
    Do you think that 'libel' and 'slander' should be acceptable?

I bet that fan site is shitting themselves 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:42
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:35
    Personally i can't be arsed with all this shite, life's too short.

I don't know what has been said but can it really be much worse than half the crap posted by those "ITK" on forums up and down the country?

My guess is that if someone wanted to sue most fans forums they could find a reason to do so.

What has gone on at Blackpool is awful for the fans. All that Premier League money has gone where? It certainly doesn't look to have been put into the team and hardly in those unsafe rickety old stands or Sunday league pitch. I would think there are legitimate questions to be asked of the owners. ... Apparently

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:42
    Feck me, I thought we were a mess. A 'club' suing its own fans because they said some horrible things...jeez.

Come on, a bit of perspective here. A football forum is a virtual pub - nothing written on here will, or should have any more impact on the world at large than when you're talking crap to your mates after 10 pints down the local. That doesn't mean that there should be no boundaries to what people write on here - for example I wouldn't be racist to anyone in a bar any more or less than I would on here. However, a bunch of fans giving forthright opinions on the chairman of their club is surely acceptable without legal action being taken.

The saddest thing for me about all this is the new benchmark in the vast expanse of difference between owners and fans it sets. We are just consumers to be bled dry by narcissistic wolves

what a bunch of **** ******** ****** ***** ****** blackpool *** ********** ******%$% owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Philb wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 20:02
    what a bunch of **** ******** ****** ***** ****** blackpool *** ********** ******%$% owners.
    I don't think they're stars mate, I think they're w@nkers

no those are definitely stars **** (just above the 8 on the keyboard).

Quote Originally Posted by Philb wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 20:07
    no those are definitely stars **** (just above the 8 on the keyboard).
    Thanks for clearing that up, I'm shoit with I.T

Which one is the convicted rapist?

Was the other one all the rumours were about?

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghBlue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:32
    Croesy could make himself a small fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Peru Blue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 19:55
    Come on, a bit of perspective here. A football forum is a virtual pub - nothing written on here will, or should have any more impact on the world at large than when you're talking crap to your mates after 10 pints down the local. That doesn't mean that there should be no boundaries to what people write on here - for example I wouldn't be racist to anyone in a bar any more or less than I would on here. However, a bunch of fans giving forthright opinions on the chairman of their club is surely acceptable without legal action being taken.
    Writing on an internet forum is more akin to shouting in the street all day - as thousands of people may read what is written. Many people make the mistake of considering the net like a private conversation but if it were true the fans concerned wouldn't have been able to be pursued so easily in the first place.

Reserve

I'm assuming that it's to do with allegations as to where the premier league money has gone, which when unsubstantiated are serious allegations to make and should be subject to these kinds of checks.

There was a fantastic film on BBC last night, called Disconnect. I won't go into what happens as it's worth a watch, but it'll certainly make you realise the potential consequences of how we use the internet.

Lots of users on here write things as if they are invincible. Believe me, we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 20:49
    Quote Originally Posted by Peru Blue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 19:55
    The saddest thing for me about all this is the new benchmark in the vast expanse of difference between owners and fans it sets. We are just consumers to be bled dry by narcissistic wolves
    Exactly - would you take anyone shouting in the street seriously, let alone take them to court?! They're usually nutters

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:50
    You'd let people call you a Paedo, thief, crook etc and not be worried about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 21:18
    You'd let people call you a Paedo, thief, crook etc and not be worried about it?
    Why should i worry about it as none of it would be true.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 21:20
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 21:18
    Why should i worry about it as none of it would be true.
    You might know that, most other people wouldn't.

I'd never heard of these people until i read this thread.

I thought Custer got killed at the Little Big Horn .