+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scarves Tonight

Scarves Tonight

Brighton, home, any freebies tonight?

Re: Scarves Tonight

it's almost exactly the same date isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:21
    Brighton, home, any freebies tonight?
    That was supposed to be 'blue Tuesday' but turned out quite differently. YES, I did take a scarf, for posterity, for history, but immediately wrapped it around my waist under my coat. It's now in my attic and may be worth something one day.

What's JamesWales opinion on the red scarf night, never heard him mention it......

The number of scarves some deluded greedy gits accepted wouldn't have fitted in some attics. What the hell was done with them all? Thrown away ? Chucked in the dog's basket? The majority of them certainly weren't worn again. You won't get many stories about where they ended up because, of course, (if you believe what you hear) hardly anyone accepted them

I am wearing my blue and white scarf right now. i look a bit daft as I'm in the office but it's keeping the thoughts of the 'night of the red scarves' out of my head,

i asked people on the night why they were wearing red scarves and taking them and the basic reply was 'because they are free'

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:30
    The number of scarves some deluded greedy gits accepted wouldn't have fitted in some attics. What the hell was done with them all? Thrown away ? Chucked in the dog's basket? The majority of them certainly weren't worn again. You won't get many stories about where they ended up because, of course, (if you believe what you hear) hardly anyone accepted them
    Must've been the 20,000 from the old Rochdale Tuesday night games.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:38
    Must've been the 20,000 from the old Rochdale Tuesday night games.
    Always raining at Spotland as well on those nights, 20,000 City fans in red macs would have been some sight

I never turn down a freebie but, as I say, I never wore it.

Prior to Tan's decision to return us to blue, there were strong rumours that a certain person was planning to hand out 20,000 free blue scaves tonight.

I miss the red.

The songs.

The great players.

The premier league......

......relegation.

Vincent at every game.

Free scarfs

Ole..

I miss the red.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:33
    I am wearing my blue and white scarf right now. i look a bit daft as I'm in the office but it's keeping the thoughts of the 'night of the red scarves' out of my head,
    I refused one and by the end of the game I felt like a human in " The Invasion of the Bodysnatchers " , the aliens had taken over.

Mine was in the Echo.Remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:28
    What's JamesWales opinion on the red scarf night, never heard him mention it......
    I think he was ambivalent about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 14:20
    I miss the red.
    I'm looking forward to the red marches and wouldn't tonight be the appropriate game for the red hordes to kick off their 'We'll always be red' chants. I love how your post finished with a Spanish flourish Jim....... Ole !!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 14:48
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:28
    I think he was ambivalent about the subject.
    I think you'll find he was actually very much in favour of it - as a liberal, he was proud of people expressing their own opinions on an issue no matter how unpopular they were rather than being told want to think by a vocal cabal of the perpetually outraged on internet message boards

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 14:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 13:33
    i asked people on the night why they were wearing red scarves and taking them and the basic reply was 'because they are free'

Would anyone refuse a pint tonight if they were giving them away free