+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SAFE TO EAT ANIMAL FAT

SAFE TO EAT ANIMAL FAT

Some newspapers have just announced that the advice not to eat animal fat which we were given 30 years ago is faulty.

My wife and I have known this for at least three years and have benefited from being on the Paleo (or stoneage) diet.

I can remember many years ago politicians slating working class people 'up north' for eating bread and dripping. Now we know that it is the bread that creates health problems for us, not the dripping.

So the so-called health 'experts' have got it wrong again - how embarrassing for them - and how unhealthy for many of us.

SEE:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc= s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC IQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fhealth%2 Farticle-2946617%2FButter-ISN-T-bad-Major-study-says-80s-adv ice-dairy-fats-flawed.html&ei=vjXaVP7cMse4UfunhPgG&u sg=AFQjCNHplmmeWbFvfrrHsoI-OEg6BzrCIg&sig2=XK5GZs9zFBbYl B3b8vPyOw&bvm=bv.85464276,d.ZWU

Re: SAFE TO EAT ANIMAL FAT

Stoneage diet?

Nuts, berries and Mammoth steaks?

Tell us more.

Eat what you like.
    The "dietary advice" will change again next year.

I have always eaten and cooked with butter and olive oil.
    The experts were probably paid by Flora .

Think I will stick to my low fat diet as my arteries are clogged enough without all thar extra fat excessive fat in diet equals coronary heart disease

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 16:49
    Stoneage diet?
    Nuts and berries are OK and so is meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, eggs and olive oil - but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 17:02
    Think I will stick to my low fat diet as my arteries are clogged enough without all thar extra fat excessive fat in diet equals coronary heart disease
    Food which causes inflammation in arteries cause cholesterol to stick to the inflamed bits not excess cholesterol. Mediterranean diet with plenty of olive oil and colourful veg is the way forward.

Please read Dr. Malcolm Kendrik's book 'The Great Cholesterol Con'. Or Google 'Healthinsightuk.org' - for example - or John Briffa's www.drbriffa.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 17:07
    Stoneage diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 16:49
    Nuts, berries and Mammoth steaks?

Health advice is stupid and entirely unnecessary.

Healthy eating is really, really simple and always has been. Eat real food. That's it. The more processed it is, the less like food it becomes. Of course butter is better for you (or less harmful) than margarine. Of course processed grains are not as good for you as vegetables. It drives me crazy when my wife has her "healthy" low-calorie-tagged processed foods because the real-food meal I'm having has too many calories or whatever. I've no idea how, as a species, we have managed to convince ourselves that a tin of some crappy soup and a low-fat sandwich from a supermarket is better for us than an omelette.

Eat real food and do normal exercises regularly. That's it.

We've been eating plastic man made shit like margarine for decades as it was 'proven' more healthy.
    Now butter is not bad for you and margarine would survive a nuclear war along with cockroaches. Cheers tossers!

There will always be claims and counter claims. Unless you're well read and are able to spot the dodgy science of one side or another the best thing to remember is moderation and balance as part of a healthy lifestyle. And that they never criticise fruit and veg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 17:12
    Food which causes inflammation in arteries cause cholesterol to stick to the inflamed bits not excess cholesterol. Mediterranean diet with plenty of olive oil and colourful veg is the way forward.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-31367573

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemellons wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 17:26
    We've been eating plastic man made shit like margarine for decades as it was 'proven' more healthy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-31367573

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 18:24
    It may also keep the sewers flowing!
    Lovely

No matter what you eat

No matter what you eat - if you are a FAT F UCKER - you probably have high blood pressure, visceral fat around your major organs, you are un fit , your VO2 max is probably rubbish, your cholesterol differential is usually very poor (unless you have genetic lipid issues) and you are probably at risk from type 2 diabetes

Eat less , drink less and do some exercise - is all you need to do - and if you smoke you are a fecking mug

Mediterranean diet with plenty of olive oil and colourful veg is the way forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 17:20
    Eat real food and do normal exercises regularly. That's it.
    And yet theres a whole industry and culture built up around it . ( ££££ )

Re: No matter what you eat

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 22:04
    No matter what you eat - if you are a FAT F UCKER - you probably have high blood pressure, visceral fat around your major organs, you are un fit , your VO2 max is probably rubbish, your cholesterol differential is usually very poor (unless you have genetic lipid issues) and you are probably at risk from type 2 diabetes
    Jimmy Jimmy for President!!! Fat feckers get some exercise!!!!