+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From rudderless and poor to clueless and completely unacceptable

From rudderless and poor to clueless and completely unacceptable

Tonight's match was an absolute disgrace. Two piss poor sides - and that's being kind to them! - but Brighton were still able to dominate possession, passes and territory.

There are no adjectives to describe how dire Cardiff City are right now. Slade and his players look tactically bankrupt and completely inept.

Yet again, we watched a Cardiff side who could only bother to show heart and effort for a limited spell and be completely anonymous for a half. The lethargy on display in the first half tonight throughout the whole side was disgusting. I have never booed a Cardiff City side in my life but I couldn't stop myself on 45 minutes.

Supporters who work all day, rush about to get to a game on a bitterly cold night deserve to see a side showing some desire. We got none.

Slade was clearly got Solskjaeritis, changing tactics by the game and in game but nobody seems to know how to execute them. He clearly doesn't seem to be able to motivate or inspire his players, deeply deeply worrying.

4-5-1 v Brighton means high tempo, high pressing, we did the exact opposite!!! Whittingham playing behind Kenwyne FFS. No pace, no movement, no anything. Some players just don't look good enough and many of them are Russell Slade signings.

2nd half was better but we managed one shot on goal all night and that was a Gunnarrsson shot going wide deflected to centre of goal.

Players who had nothing to do tonight - Marshall but even he got so fed up, he smashed one clearance into the stands second half just smashing the ball aimlessly.

Players who did nothing tonight - Malone (how does he automatically keep Fabio and Dec John out of the side?), Whittingham (I have stood by him but it's getting impossible to make a case for him), O'Keefe (I feel sorry for Joe Ralls that he has to watch O'Keefe ahead of him), Morrison (may be better up front than as a centre half - how much did we pay for him?).

Players who showed some desire and quality (for short periods) - Manga, Jones and, maybe, No one.

The rest were so mediocre (but better than the worst), it's hard to remember who they were.

And for all that, none of it was the worst aspect of the night. Oh no, that came when Ali announced it was game number 30 of this league season. Feck, we got another 16 games and 3 months of this clueless shite to go. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Re: From rudderless and poor to clueless and completely unacceptable

Spot on.we were fortunate that Brighton were clueless in front of goal. with a decent striker they would've won.

cant argue with any that all around me where laughing their socks off its so bad, best cheer of nite when we actually had a shot,off target of course on 55 mins ...woefull.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:01
    Tonight's match was an absolute disgrace. Two piss poor sides - and that's being kind to them! - but Brighton were still able to dominate possession, passes and territory.
    Have to agree with 99% of that-not a Morrison fan but thought he did well tonight but certainly not worth what we paid for him.Clueless inept crap-really don't see where another 14 points are coming from whoever we play!!!

I don't agree about not showing heart or effort - thought there was plenty of that. They're just a very poor group of players..

You standing by Whitts shows how poor your judgement is. He has been poor all season.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:06
    I don't agree about not showing heart or effort - thought there was plenty of that. They're just a very poor group of players..
    With an extremely poor manager and backroom staff.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:05
    There are no adjectives to describe how dire Cardiff City are right now. Slade and his players look tactically bankrupt and completely inept.
    We are in trouble and it's coming quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:11
    You standing by Whitts shows how poor your judgement is. He has been poor all season.
    Oh I know he's been poor and in decline but I thought he would rediscover reasonable form and deserved to be allowed some time for that because he can be such a huge influence with goals, assists and playmaking like nobody else we have. That time is clearly up.

It's easy to say "no heart/passion/effort" but I think there was some in terms of running around, just no cohesion in the team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:12
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:05
    Yet again, we watched a Cardiff side who could only bother to show heart and effort for a limited spell and be completely anonymous for a half. The lethargy on display in the first half tonight throughout the whole side was disgusting. I have never booed a Cardiff City side in my life but I couldn't stop myself on 45 minutes.
    Incorrect-it's arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:06
    Brighton are more limited than us yet had 67% possession tonight. Same applies when we've played just about every side for months.

Apparently Tucker has given man of the match to Gunnerson.

Ralls and Adeyemi must be seriously pissed off not getting a look in.

how craig noone got 90 mins of football today i do not no.
    woeful

We need a change of manager NOW I don't like to have to say this but we hope every week that things will change but lets be honest they are not.We need a name to make players sit up and take notice. A manager who can get a couple of good loan signings that the club will have to pay good wages for or we will be gone. The evidence is there for all to see. Mr Dalman and co please have the balls to tell Vincent Tan and act now before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:15
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:11
    Oh I know he's been poor and in decline but I thought he would rediscover reasonable form and deserved to be allowed some time for that because he can be such a huge influence with goals, assists and playmaking like nobody else we have. That time is clearly up.
    Whitts is a match winner in a good side, he is a liability in a poor side.

Hughton must be furious with his teams pathetic 2nd half display. They won't get a better chance to win away. I agree with NB about Whittingham. He surely has to be dropped after that. Don't anyone tell me Adeyami or Ralls would be less effective. Tonight he was absolutely useless. Malone also is a terrible defender. Noone is a one trick slow pony. Harris is just not good enough. The whole system and set up is wrong. Slade said judge me after a transfer window. Well we have and you've failed. No midfield runners. No pace. No direction, shape or purpose. Just woeful, worst season football wise I can recall for a very long time. I just can't wait for this nightmare season to end.

Spedger

Nige I don't normally agree with you but you are 100 % right , the only person who could inspire and would actually Want to be here is probably bellers , he wouldn't work for slade though

I Honestly don't know where we go next.......

I sincerely doubt that Slades previous Orient side were as misfiring as this current City one.

From what I see, I wouldn't comfortably put us up against League Two teams right now, let alone League One.

If Slade was truly clueless, utter shite, he would have been widely known as utter shite last season.

What is going down here?

I can't disagree much with the OP, but I thought McAleney showed a bit of quality tonight and actually tried to make things happen. In the 10 minutes or so before Slade took him off, I thought he was really getting into the game. Can't for the life of me understand why Slade took him off.

I wasn't convinced one bit with any of the new players apart from McAleny who seemed to be really trying to make things happen..............only just before that Super Slade had decided to sub him!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 00:55
    I can't disagree much with the OP, but I thought McAleney showed a bit of quality tonight and actually tried to make things happen. In the 10 minutes or so before Slade took him off, I thought he was really getting into the game. Can't for the life of me understand why Slade took him off.
    Agree with you, I overlooked mentioning him. I actually tweeted at at game, why is McAleny being taken off just when he is getting more and more influential in the game? Mind you, Slade doesn't like flair, does he?

The major worry Nigel is that of the 8 teams below us we still have to play 6 of them.We all know these teams will be fighting for their lives.The only outcome I can see at the moment is league one next year

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:15
    It's easy to say "no heart/passion/effort" but I think there was some in terms of running around, just no cohesion in the team whatsoever.
    Steve McLaren talked about getting into a downward spiral and that's what's happening to us in terms of results and performances - it's little wonder we create virtually nothing in open play.