+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Whittingham Love Circle

The Whittingham Love Circle

Notice the silence of the Whittingham lovers is deafening lately. You have been singing his praises and saying how because he's such a servant of the club and his contributions has warranted every minute of every game this season. Well, look at the league table gentleman. It's time you opened you eyes, put sentimentality aside and took a dose of reality tablets. Time for him and Gunnarson to move aside, a few weeks in the development team wont hurt them and give some of our ''fringe'' players the opportunity they deserve.

Re: The Whittingham Love Circle

I've also noticed the Connolly lovers have been eerily quiet recently.

Baker will wear your nuts as earrings.

Is it right golden balls has played every minute of every league match this season? I know he was on 4 yellows for a while which probably explained why didn't put in a tackle until the cut off for a suspension but now he's taking the mick. Adeyami or Ralls or any one who wants a go couldn't be less effective than him. A complete passenger

It is easy to agree that Whitts was ineffective tonight, as he was. However, so were the whole team. If one player is playing poorly and the rest are playing well then it's usually the player who is at fault.

However, when ALL the players are poor then it is something fundamentally wrong with the system or coaching.

I put my money on the latter.

The real question is whether Whitts would rediscover his form if played in a better system with a team full of players with belief. I don't think we can answer that yet, but time is now against him...

Haven't heard from the Kimbo-Bummers recently either.

Come on Jarman-fisters, let's hear what you've got to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliemoon wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:44
    Notice the silence of the Whittingham lovers is deafening lately. You have been singing his praises and saying how because he's such a servant of the club and his contributions has warranted every minute of every game this season. Well, look at the league table gentleman. It's time you opened you eyes, put sentimentality aside and took a dose of reality tablets. Time for him and Gunnarson to move aside, a few weeks in the development team wont hurt them and give some of our ''fringe'' players the opportunity they deserve.
    I don't get why you need to be absolutely pro or anti Whittingham. In my last piece for the Echo, I nominated a player of the decade for every one of them I'd been supporting the club. Whittingham was my Player of the 2010s because I cannot think of anyone who comes remotely close to having provided as many great and memorable moments for City fans in the past five years. However, none of that means I cannot see that this season he has been a shadow of his former self and last night I thought he sunk to new lows in a campaign full of them for someone who actually does deserve the title "Cardiff City legend" - I get no pleasure whatsoever from seeing all of those great memories become clouded by what is happening with him lately, but it will never mean that I forget what he has done for the club.

I predict, that in the next 6-8 games, Whittingham will take a corner, successfully hit the ball 35 yards or so, without it going straight out of touch, without it hitting the first defender and without over hitting it .. someone will get their head to it... goal!! The Whitts lovers will be out in force, crying ... "A-S-S-I-S-T"!!!! = team place cemented for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 08:49
    I don't get why you need to be absolutely pro or anti Whittingham. In my last piece for the Echo, I nominated a player of the decade for every one of them I'd been supporting the club. Whittingham was my Player of the 2010s because I cannot think of anyone who comes remotely close to having provided as many great and memorable moments for City fans in the past five years. However, none of that means I cannot see that this season he has been a shadow of his former self and last night I thought he sunk to new lows in a campaign full of them for someone who actually does deserve the title "Cardiff City legend" - I get no pleasure whatsoever from seeing all of those great memories become clouded by what is happening with him lately, but it will never mean that I forget what he has done for the club.
    It's not a line between pro or anti Whittingham that we tread, it's simply he isn't performing and needs to be replaced. To call for his dropping from the starting X1 isn't being anti-Whittingham.

Ok I will say it. I shouldnt but I will.

Whitts thinks Slade is clueless. Maybe that is why he cant be bothered playing for him.

Slade has to play who he is told(fact)and I believe Gunnarson and Whitts can no longer be his choice.

Both Whitts and Gunnerspn need to be rested. Gunnerson permanently . Last night both were so ineffective it was pitiful to watch. Body language was all wrong they moved around as if they were out for a Sunday Afternoon stroll. Neither but in a tackle and when given the ball Gunnerson in particular couldn't off load it quick enough either to the opposition or back to Marshall who showed his frustration with that second half monster kick into the crowd. Now I have been a firm believer in giving Slade a chance to prove his worth but even I cannot see any prospect of us improving under him unless he takes the bit between the teeth and make the changes because the new lads who at least tried will slip into the same rut as the others. I suppose it doesn't help to have a number two who couldn't handle a Welsh Premier Side. I for one have seen enough there is no way I am going to make the effort to attend on cold winter night to watch this crap and for the first time I will be taking a rain check next Tiesday. Having been a fan for 67years I have seen the highs and lows and we have now moved into the very low era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:38
    Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:45
    Whitts thinks Slade is clueless. Maybe that is why he cant be bothered playing for him.
    But true.

Im a whittingham bummer but he needs a spell out of the team.

Gunnarson needs his contract termninated. How many needless fouls last night. Missed the easiest chance of the match too. Why does he keep starting?????

Why is Adeyemi rotting on the bench? He looks more dangerous warming up than either of the above 2 do in 90 mins.

Ralls deserves a run in the team too. Who the **** is this AVERAGE O'Feefe and why has jumped above Ralls and Adeyemi in the pecking order.

Clubs a joke.

#SladeOut

I lost count of the challenges he pulled out of last night.A few games on the bench might sort him out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 08:49
    Ive never been anti-Whittingham, ive just said he doesnt deserve to be an automatic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:08
    Im a whittingham bummer but he needs a spell out of the team.
    as i said in another thread, Gunnarson, Whittingham and Noone were responsible for 2/3 of fouls conceded last night - is it a coincidence that they are our worst three players?

I agree both him and Gunnar need to step aside. I don't think it's over for Whittingham, if we were playing good football again like we did under Jones he could still shine but with the current manager and sysytem he has no chance!

What does wind me up though is a hand full of morons dotted around the stands who slate everything he does. Even though he's not very effective atm he rarely gives the ball away, yet gets some terrible abuse however when Noone consistenly lost possesion last night, not a peep from them!

Do people really forget that quickly what he's done for us? I do always think would you ever hear Liverpool fans abusing Gerrard or Man U fans abusing Giggs? I might sound over the top saying that but that's how importanat Whitts has been for us.

It is possible to say Whitts should be dropped while still showing him respect for what he's done. For example, if you're complaining about Whitts and Gunnar and you're mentioning Whitts twice as much and taking joy in him not being at his best...not the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:02
    Slade has to play who he is told(fact)and I believe Gunnarson and Whitts can no longer be his choice.
    I'm flabbergasted.

Baker loves Whitts more than Malky loves Cowie!

Whitts is so dreamy.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:38
    I agree both him and Gunnar need to step aside. I don't think it's over for Whittingham, if we were playing good football again like we did under Jones he could still shine but with the current manager and sysytem he has no chance!
    He is symptomatic of much that is now wrong here. I dont understand the god like status, i really dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:02
    So you are saying that Whittingham has no faith in the manager and the manager is not selecting the team!!!!
    Hi there. I'm Jimmy the Jock.