+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Whittingham Love Circle

Re: The Whittingham Love Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:03
    Ok I will say it. I shouldnt but I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:42
    Whitts thinks Slade is clueless. Maybe that is why he cant be bothered playing for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:02
    Slade has to play who he is told(fact)and I believe Gunnarson and Whitts can no longer be his choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:45
    So you are saying that Whittingham has no faith in the manager and the manager is not selecting the team!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:38
    Shocking!
    A/S/L?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:06
    Ok I will say it. I shouldnt but I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:03
    Whitts thinks Slade is clueless. Maybe that is why he cant be bothered playing for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:42
    Slade has to play who he is told(fact)and I believe Gunnarson and Whitts can no longer be his choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:02
    So you are saying that Whittingham has no faith in the manager and the manager is not selecting the team!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:45
    Shocking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:38
    But true.
    Thats the other forum...

I'm a huge Whittingham fan and agree with Bob about him being our best player over a number of years. Lately he has been poor. Last night he was abject. Even his set pieces were below par.

I have to say I thought Noone was worse though. I wouldn't mind betting that in in recent weeks he's given away more posession than anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:16
    I'm a huge Whittingham fan and agree with Bob about him being our best player over a number of years. Lately he has been poor. Last night he was abject. Even his set pieces were below par.
    Noone playing on the wrong side ?

Unless my memory fails me he was switched from right to left after Kads came on wasn't he? I prefer him on the left but then again I'd prefer Whittingham wide on the left. Less pace but better end product (usually).

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but nearly every player in our side are poor at the moment, way below par for this division.

Aside from Kenwyne, Whittingham is our only source of goals in the side (though not as much as we'd like currently).

I'd give Ralls/Adeyemi a place over Gunnarsson 10 times out of 10 with the way he's playing at the moment. I agree Whittingham also needs a rest, but not for more than 2/3 games as he's one of the only creative threats in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:16
    He does have the worst pass completion stats in the squad, youre right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:32
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed but nearly every player in our side are poor at the moment, way below par for this division.
    Whittinghams best ever season for this club was when he was top scorer - he wasnt creating, that was McPhails job. In his best ever season Whitts' job was to get up top and support - he scored for fun. Ok he can take a decent corner but do you class that as being creative, really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:39
    Aside from Kenwyne, Whittingham is our only source of goals in the side (though not as much as we'd like currently).
    He has the highest amount of assists in our team, 6 (next nearest is Jones with 3) and the second top scorer with 5. I'd say he's probably one of our only creative threats, yes.

If I was Whittingham I'd be pissed off that I have to play alongside Aron Gunnarsson every game too.

In all seriousness though, they both need to be rested, for a good few games. Hopefully whoever replaces them keeps them out of the team for a long time.

I'm a fan ,however he has been poor recently,he struggles in poor sides,he's good in positive on the front foot sides.j

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:14
    I'm a fan ,however he has been poor recently,he struggles in poor sides,he's good in positive on the front foot sides.j
    This aint the place for him then.

Turner would probably be a good corner/free kick taker

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:42
    I'd give Ralls/Adeyemi a place over Gunnarsson 10 times out of 10 with the way he's playing at the moment. I agree Whittingham also needs a rest, but not for more than 2/3 games as he's one of the only creative threats in the team.
    no problem, we just disagree on the term 'creative'. In footballers i always tend to think of players that thread passes, see openings, control play. I took a mean corner as a lad, and scored a few free-kicks.....it didnt make me much of a footballer, just one who could hit a dead ball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:27
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:42
    Are you mad? Whittingham takes corners and free-kicks. He does not create anything in open play anymore. The most creative player we had in terms of splitting defences and getting good passes in behind for strikers or full-backs was Matts Daehli and he has gone.
    Whitt's is the only one creating goal scoring opportunities - whether that makes him creative or not.

I think Whitts legacy goes before him, he has been a great influence for us over the years that when his form dips so does the teams. He is by far the most skilful player we have and to be fair we all look to him for something to happen as I can't see anybody else having the skill set to open up defences with one pass.

Yeah lets give him a rest, put Ralls and Adeymi in, we may get a more industrious midfield if not quality, but we need to do something to turn results round.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:17
    I'm not impressed with O'Keefe and I don't think Slade can afford to change everything at once, but I would prefer to see a midfield 4 of Ralls, Gunnar, Adeyemi and one of McAleny/Noone/Harris until Pilkington is fit to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 00:02
    The real question is whether Whitts would rediscover his form if played in a better system with a team full of players with belief. I don't think we can answer that yet, but time is now against him...
    Those moments of individual brilliance are the difference between him being a superb Championship, even Premier League, performer and being an average midfielder. It's as if he's lost some hunger for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 16:52
    The real question is whether Whitts would rediscover his form if played in a better system with a team full of players with belief. I don't think we can answer that yet, but time is now against him...
    I think there are clues to the answer.
    That ball to Revell against Derby was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 17:01
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 16:52
    I think there are clues to the answer.
    When was the last time we saw Whittingham produce a moment of sheer genius, that sparkle, that magic that we so often used to see? It's been a very long time.
    not as good as gunnarson last night to noone

Quote Originally Posted by Charliemoon wrote on Tue, 10 February 2015 23:44
    Notice the silence of the Whittingham lovers is deafening lately. You have been singing his praises and saying how because he's such a servant of the club and his contributions has warranted every minute of every game this season. Well, look at the league table gentleman. It's time you opened you eyes, put sentimentality aside and took a dose of reality tablets. Time for him and Gunnarson to move aside, a few weeks in the development team wont hurt them and give some of our ''fringe'' players the opportunity they deserve.
    There are some of the Whittingham love circle that don't even go to games...