+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was wrong . forcing Tan to give up on the club has proved successful

I was wrong . forcing Tan to give up on the club has proved successful

I honestly thought the fans groups should play a long game and try to persuade Tan to change shirt colours over time or look for a compromise of red and blue.

However I fully accept I was wrong and the fans who threatened to organise boycotts and pressurise both current and future sponsors to bail out of football completely to force Tan to give up on the club and withdraw his financial support were right. Red or dead or blue and screwed?

well tonight I realised that its great in blue , no worrying about the race to the Premiership and £100 million a year or trying to win the next generation of football supporters , we have a third of our crowd staying away so plenty of space and no queues for the bars or toilets. Only need a bucket collection to pay for the next new signing and we are back in 1990s . Steve Borley having to rescue the club again -you know its only a matter of when.

yep its great in blue!

Re: I was wrong . forcing Tan to give up on the club has proved successful

you had me at 'I was wrong'.

I didn't read any more of your spineless guff.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 00:32
    I honestly thought the fans groups should play a long game and try to persuade Tan to change shirt colours over time or look for a compromise of red and blue.
    Yep, you were wrong. Glad you can swallow your pride, well done.

The fall from grace since we turned to blue has been incredible. It's only been a month or so but it seems like longer. How could we go from being 15 points clear at the top of the league in red at Christmas to this so quickly?

Just changing a shirt colour has made such a difference.

Yep the missing thousands have returned ......and wasnt it great the way the club has reunited ? Biggest party this city has ever seen coming soon apparently.
    Who knows we could even get out of this division ?.. thanks to the return to blue brigade Cardiff City are the club everyone wants to be part of , 25,000 season tickets sold already, Premiership players signing pre- contracts , its a blue dream for sure!!

Unlucky, Sid. You and the rest of the re-brand apologists endorsed the destruction of your club's identity and put your faith in a clueless Malaysian megalomaniac simply because he has plenty of cash. You now have the club you so richly deserve.

If only Tan had given up. Tan is pulling the strings, selecting players and tactics. Russ and the group are doing exactly as they are instructed.
    He hasn't run the club very well.
    He isn't a very good football manager.

Thank heavens he is a billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 01:09
    Yep the missing thousands have returned ......and wasnt it great the way the club has reunited ? Biggest party this city has ever seen coming soon apparently.
    Tell me, did you spend all of the years when we played in blue wishing we were playing in red?

The standard of football is rubbish, we're playing in blue and the glory hunters appear to have buggered off - hopefully to be gradually replaced by the boycotters
    Club almost back to how it has been for most of my life.
    Not perfect by a long way, but infinitely better than the red era.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 07:15
    The standard of football is rubbish, we're playing in blue and the glory hunters appear to have buggered off - hopefully to be gradually replaced by the boycotters
    I will miss Sid.

Tis true. We are heading back from whence we came at a rapid rate of knots.

I beg to differ Sid.

It's just a theory I've got, but I reckon it's supine ****ers like you that have sucked the life out of the club.

As I say, nothing personal, just a theory

Can't believe a spineless post like that doesn't contain the words "Tan Sri"

Lack of respect imo.

"Cardiff City is a business not co-operative - all this bollocks about soul - 26,000 people turn up to watch football - 15 years ago there were 3,000 odd - the results were poor and customers took their leisure spending elsewhere - its not more complicated than that." (sidhooper7, 06/05/2013)

Seems like the results are currently poor and plenty of customers are taking their leisure spending elsewhere. It's no more complicated than that.

'glory hunters have buggered off'-never a truer phrase.If they leave this board that would be good too.

What are our current problems? Were they there before Tan's Christmas message? It might not be enjoyable but at least we care and are not enjoying it together.

Sid's at his Crossroads.
    Amy Turtle RIP.

It's a little known fact but Vincent Tan can make rings out of the smoke that Sid Hooper blows up his arse.

tans dream is in tatters, it wont be a question of if he will walk but when. the club played in red because he wanted it, and reached the premier league because he wanted it. but that is as far as it will go.

back in blue and heading back to a more realistic position in english football, everyones a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by chris wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 17:51
    tans dream is in tatters

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 08:47
    tans dream is in tatters
    Quote Originally Posted by chris wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 17:51
    So is Sid's. He's spent the last two and half years criticising and abusing anyone who dared to question the re-brand or the lunatic who implemented it. Like most of the apologists, collaborators and quislings, I guess he's feeling a little bit foolish now that the Emperor's 'vision' has turned to shit.
    Made in Malaysia failed in Cardiff.

There's a number of posters on Walesonlnie who also seem to believe this fantasy that the football has turned to sh*t because we're back in blue and it is Tan's revenge.

Slade was appointed back in September, a full 4 months before the return to blue. Not one fan thought it was a good appointment at the time and I'm sure most realised this was the end of Tan's spending and the start of cutbacks

Yet there's muppets on there saying - see you've got the football you deserve for wanting blue back. I despair at some people, I really do

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 09:22
    Yet there's muppets on there saying - see you've got the football you deserve for wanting blue back. I despair at some people, I really do

I'm honestly preferring being sh1t in blue than good in red can't believe people would actually want to swap back for a bit of success!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 09:22
    There's a number of posters on Walesonlnie who also seem to believe this fantasy that the football has turned to sh*t because we're back in blue and it is Tan's revenge.
    The only colour some are interested in is green, even if it is taking us further away from being in the black.