+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't Tan given us exactly what we've asked for?

Isn't Tan given us exactly what we've asked for?

Isn't this what we've been saying to Tan? Turn us back to blue, we don't care about your money or what league we play in.Well Tan in my opinion is doing exactly that. Massive wage cuts and a big cost cutting exercise and unfortunately this is what happens.

A lot of people said they would renew if we went back to blue regardless of the league we were in.

Now in my opinion Tan is doing this out of spite in a big "feck you" to us all. If Tan isn't doing this out of spite then we have piss poor luck in choosing managers. It's clear to all on the board at Cardiff that Slade isn't up to it so to keep him only confirms Tan's spite.

Re: Isn't Tan given us exactly what we've asked for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbluebird wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:40
    If Tan isn't doing this out of spite then we have piss poor luck in choosing managers.
    Here's a crazy theory for you: maybe those who are appointing the managers don't know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:44
    If Tan isn't doing this out of spite then we have piss poor luck in choosing managers.
    Here's a crazy theory for you: maybe those who are appointing the managers don't know what they're doing.
    I concur with that theory. Glen Rodent surely has some knowledge of we have entrusted him??

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbluebird wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:47
    I concur with that theory. Glen Rodent surely has some knowledge of we have entrusted him??
    I've been told by someone I trust that Roeder had nothing to do with Slade's appointment.

Not football men, they like their playing Championship Manager on Pc, heres a thought im going play Football manager 2015, buy all rejects Slade has and see how I do, cant do any worse !!

Well, it was always possible that the Tan era would end disastrously. If you recall, the first time he announced a return to blue (May 2010) he told everyone he would take his ball home as well. I think that may have offered us an inkling that Tan could do whatever he wanted.

I don't think he is doing this out of spite. I think he is doing it because he knows that the team has little or no chance of getting back to the £70m payouts for abject failure in the Sky Super Friday amd Monday league. I think he realises that spending has to be controlled, and that income has to be maximised (if not the PL millions, then he needs bums on seats - returning to blue makes economic sense in this scenario) if the club are to meet the FFP requirements.

The unfortunate thing is, there is zero football knowledge on board. This is highlighted in the appointment of a man that was about to get the sack at a League 1 club. In a bizarre case of negotiation, Cardiff ended up paying Orient compensation for a man they didn't want. It's decisions like that that will cost Cardiff - not cost cutting. If there was an element of shrewdness at the club, they could still be a force in the division without spending millions and millions on players. But, with the people at the club, this is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:52
    I don't think he is doing this out of spite.
    Agree. Tan doesn't care enough about us to do this out of spite. He's working out how to stop losing such a shit-load of money. Which is fair enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbluebird wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 09:47
    I've been told by someone I trust that Roeder had nothing to do with Slade's appointment.
    Dalman himself, in his recent interview, stated that Roeder never had a role at the club.

Tan stated that Slade was"HIS"personal appointment didnt he?

Well, it was always possible that the Tan era would end disastrously. If you recall, the first time he announced a return to blue (May 2010) he told everyone he would take his ball home as well. I think that may have offered us an inkling that Tan could do whatever he wanted.
    Tan had his chance and he ****ed it up. I think he's starting to realise that it's not as easy or straightforward as he thought it was.

If you recall, the first time he announced a return to blue (May 2010)
    Anyway, he has spectacularly called our bluff, NQAT. To think that some (well, one) wanted the rebrand to be conditional on 20,000 ST sales too.... jesus wept. I'd be surprised if it was half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:41
    Eh?
    He's talking about the Emperor's first re-brand u-turn - the one that had people writing letters begging Vinny to stay and Gwyn Davies declaring unconditional love for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:45
    Eh?
    Anyway, he has spectacularly called our bluff, NQAT. To think that some (well, one) wanted the rebrand to be conditional on 20,000 ST sales too.... jesus wept. I'd be surprised if it was half that.
    That was in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:46
    Eh?
    He's talking about the Emperor's first re-brand u-turn - the one that had people writing letters begging Vinny to stay and Gwyn Davies declaring unconditional love for him.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ca rdiff-city-fans-speak-fears-2030609

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:39
    Very few of us had heard of Slade. How would Tan have know about him? Another poor adviser I believe. Who was it this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:23
    Very few of us had heard of Slade. How would Tan have know about him? Another poor adviser I believe. Who was it this time?
    Maybe it was the painter.

he has been advised by someone, lets say that someone is a bitter person who doesnt really like tan and wants revenge

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:27
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:46
    Eh?
    That was in 2010?
    Quite. Which is why I questioned the 2010 reference.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:45
    exactly, its easy to say " Oh Tan said Slade was his choice " hardly anyone on here knew who he was, so how did someone who knows fook all about football and lives the other side of the world know him
    In fact, I can't imagine anyone who genuinely likes Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 16:02
    blue matt wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:45] In fact, I can't imagine anyone who genuinely likes Tan.
    His mother

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 15:45
    exactly, its easy to say " Oh Tan said Slade was his choice " hardly anyone on here knew who he was, so how did someone who knows fook all about football and lives the other side of the world know him
    Tan is still utterly clueless and ought get out of football and stick to things in which he has more experience, or easier for his lackeys to manage for him.

I'd be surprised if Tan even knew who Leyton Orient were or which division they were in.

When he goes, there will be a queue of potential coaches, no matter which league you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus T. Firefly wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 17:16
    I'd be surprised if Tan even knew who Leyton Orient were or which division they were in.
    Is that racist?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 17:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus T. Firefly wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 17:16
    It was probably the "Orient" bit which appealed to him.
    No, because it's probably true,they also have two, yes two, red dragons on their badge.