+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ironic cheers and laughter mark a new low for clueless City.

Ironic cheers and laughter mark a new low for clueless City.

Re: Ironic cheers and laughter mark a new low for clueless City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 10:46
    From start to finish, this is on the money.

Don't normally click on these, but will from now on. Enjoyable read.

I have a season ticket but didn't go last night.

I find that it really drags me down lately. Even the rare wins are depressing. Won't be going next Tuesday either.

Strange to think, but the timing of the return to Blue was all wrong. Probably should've waited until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gagsy_mc wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:04
    If we hadnt returned to blue the ground would be empty.

it appears it was just me who thought we were better in the second half and that Doyle added a little bit of zest up front that we've been missing. Whilst it wasn't end to end stuff, the second half wasn't as bad as some people have been making out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Frog wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:13
    it appears it was just me who thought we were better in the second half and that Doyle added a little bit of zest up front that we've been missing. Whilst it wasn't end to end stuff, the second half wasn't as bad as some people have been making out.
    I agree that the second half was better than the first, but that isn't saying much

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:08
    Quote Originally Posted by gagsy_mc wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:04
    I have a season ticket but didn't go last night.
    I doubt I would have continued going in red as I had started to miss the odd game.

Could you recommend any drugs that can might make that rubbish exciting?

When the team sheet is read out each week it is usually greeted with cheers for each starting player. Only Manga, of last nights starting side, deserve cheers for what he's done this season, the rest have been woeful for many, many months and even worse under Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 11:18
    Could you recommend any drugs that can might make that rubbish exciting?
    B 2 B.

Slade misses the point and was just being contrary!!

Morrison opted for a "safe" pass across the field not one designed to switch play or create an opportunity to attack down the flanks!!

Full backs and centre halves have been told not to come "short" to receive ball from Goalkeeper which results in a contested punt up the field.

The rare moments when in possession, players do not make themselves available to keep the move going by moving into space to receive the ball back.

When short passing does occur, it is generally when teams are closing us down quickly and so the pass is made out of panic putting the receiving player under pressure.

He knows all this as he decides the tactics and they are basically knock it as long as you can or bang it into the box and we will try and get a set piece from there high up the field.

Jones is one of the best headers in the division.

So Mr Slade, tell your wingers/wing backs to get crosses in (but not from the half way line).

What do they do in training all week?

Whittingham? Well I was watching him in the 1st half as there was nothing else to really watch sand he looked like a lost boy on his first day at school in the playground. In the 2nd half, he had one decent corner, one decent pass to Noone who then crossed from a proper wingers position and passed behind Harris straight into touch..........oh and the infamous back pass from the half way line.

He needs time out of the team - no player could have been less effective as him last night.

Malone surely has to be dropped. he is clueless at defending.

Incidentally what is the news on Pilkington? City have not had him since their win at Watford. He could make a real difference couldn't he?