+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is not all about Slade

It is not all about Slade

We are a rudderless, leaderless club in every sense of the word. Both on the field and off it.

We have an absent owner with no experience of the game.
    We have a Chief Executive with no experience of the game.
    We have a Chairman with no experience of the game.
    We have a manager with no experience of the game

As a consequence we have weak management which perculates down to the playing side which is ultimately what it's all about and 1 win in 11 is relegation form however much Slade tries to put an optimistic transitional spin on it.

That Tan refuses to go outside his circle of trust speaks volumes. Surely even he can see that what the club needs is one or two appointments like a Chariman/CEO (not sure why we need both) who have actually run a football club.

Delmans appoint of Solskjar was an absolute example of abject non informed decision making and Tan has proved himself equally incapable of doing any better.

We are going down, make no mistake. The football so far is the worst I have ever seen in 35 years of watching the club. Having sat through the Osman, Hibbit and Durban era's that is going some.

Re: It is not all about Slade

Quote Originally Posted by .............. wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 12:39
    We are a rudderless, leaderless club in every sense of the word. Both on the field and off it.
    Hard to argue with any of that.It it very poor at the moment and I fear it getting even worse.

To be fair that should have said

"We have a manager with no experience of the game at this level"

We also appear to have a lack of leadership on the field, a squad that is having difficulty playing in the style the manager wants and a fan base that is now almost totally disconnected with the club.

Yep we are in a right mess.

It is all about Slade

No problem - here to help re write anything that needs amending

Aren't most clubs owned by people with no experience of the game though? Very few are owned by ex players or managers. I can think of Dave Whelan at Wigan but am struggling to come up with another. I imagine most of us would describe Sam Hammam and Peter Ridsdale as 'football people' but of course they were just business people who had several years of experience running football clubs.

They are most likely the only two 'football people' Tan has had extensive contact with. You can't really blame hime for not going to the likes of them them for advice.

Who would be your suggestion for a chief exec or a director of football who the club could bring in to give it some direction from a football point of view while at the same time putting it on a better financial footing?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 12:54
    Harry Redknapp is available is Warnock looking for a job? We could do a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 12:59
    Aren't most clubs owned by people with no experience of the game though? Very few are owned by ex players or managers. I can think of Dave Whelan at Wigan but am struggling to come up with another. I imagine most of us would describe Sam Hammam and Peter Ridsdale as 'football people' but of course they were just business people who had several years of experience running football clubs.
    With respect - most of the owners are football fans at the least. Tan doesn't even know the offside rule - he'd be first to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by .............. wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:00
    Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 12:54
    "We have a manager with no experience of the game at this level"
    Harry Redknapp? Yes the perfect man to build a squad on a tight budget. Have you ever wondered why Portsmouth went bust? QPR will probably be in the same boat before long.

There are many problems at the club but the football being served up is completely down to RS sadly .

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:01
    They are most likely the only two 'football people' Tan has had extensive contact with. You can't really blame hime for not going to the likes of them them for advice.
    For someone running a football club, getting good advice is priceless.I'm genuinely interested to know if anybody can come up with the name of somebody who has good football and business knowledge that we could realistically bring in .

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:06
    There are many problems at the club but the football being served up is completely down to RS sadly .
    If we go down then the only way of getting back up is by luring a proven manager in with a massive paycheck and at the moment that's highly unlikely given that Tan appears to have withdrawn his financial support.

Aren't most clubs owned by people with no experience of the game though?
    Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:15
    Who would be your suggestion for a chief exec or a director of football who the club could bring in to give it some direction from a football point of view while at the same time putting it on a better financial footing?
    Julian Jenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by .............. wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:21
    You are blaming the wrong man. Tan went after Slade. Leyton Orient were about to sack him. That's how good he is. We ended up paying Orient compensation to take a manager off them that they were about to sack. Anyone with half a brain could see what was coming and the ridiculousness of that very situation sums up the lack of management capability at every tier of the club and the circus running the show.
    Im not blaming RS for taking the job . However he is responsible for what is being served up as football at our club . Lower league manager he may be , but with 600 odd games under his belt I would expect a bit of tactical knowledge to have been picked up along the way . Football is the same game regardless of what league you are in and lets face it he isnt pitting his wits agains Chealsea or Man City .

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:29
    Quote Originally Posted by .............. wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:21
    You are blaming the wrong man. Tan went after Slade. Leyton Orient were about to sack him. That's how good he is. We ended up paying Orient compensation to take a manager off them that they were about to sack. Anyone with half a brain could see what was coming and the ridiculousness of that very situation sums up the lack of management capability at every tier of the club and the circus running the show.
    What lower league manager wouldn't want to try their hand in the Championship? Slade will walk away with a hundred grand or so in his back pocket and go back to plying his trade in leagues 1 or 2. You cant blame him for taking the job and you cant blame a man who's ability starts and stops in league 1 or 2 for not being able to compete at a level way above his competencies and experience
    He is only serving up what he can do within his limited ability. My Sunday Roast is never going to include vanilla foams or ballantine of rabbit. but I can cook a joint of meat correctly and roast some spuds. Slade cannot outthink aother championship managers and he does not know how to get the best out of players with different skill sets than those of the lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by .............. wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:38
    My Sunday Roast is never going to include vanilla foams or ballantine of rabbit. but I can cook a joint of meat correctly and roast some spuds. Slade cannot outthink aother championship managers and he does not know how to get the best out of players with different skill sets than those of the lower leagues.
    What about the vegetables?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:24
    Aren't most clubs owned by people with no experience of the game though?
    One of the first things Emperor Tan did when he decided to become 'hands-on' was get rid of a couple of experienced sports administrators and bring in a Malaysian fella who had been looking after his hotel chain to replace them.
    For what it's worth the current hotel manager does seem a bit more switched on than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by .............. wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:24
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:15
    With respect - most of the owners are football fans at the least. Tan doesn't even know the offside rule - he'd be first to admit it.
    Interesting shout. Apart from the occasional ticketing fiasco Julian seemed like a popular and capaple figure during his time at the club. Was headhunted by Saracens at one point but chose to stay. Seems to be thriving out in Geneva. What I don't know about him is the depth of his football knowledge, although it can't be less than what we currently have on the board.

There is an air of apathy at the club which the fans can feel hence the flat atmosphere not helped by the dire football on show.
    Even Ali sounds half hearted now with his announcements .

Maybe the announcement of the new sky deal which kicks in from next year, and guarantees the bottom club £100m might reignite the emperors interest , and convince him to get a decent manager in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:41
    My Sunday Roast is never going to include vanilla foams or ballantine of rabbit. but I can cook a joint of meat correctly and roast some spuds. Slade cannot outthink aother championship managers and he does not know how to get the best out of players with different skill sets than those of the lower leagues.
    They played as normal last night.

Leave Scott Young and Gabbidon out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:28
    Steve R sets it up and BlueWales finishes with aplomb!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:23
    They played as normal last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:31
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:28
    I feel used....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:47
    Who were the couple of of experienced sports administartors you referred to? I'm guessing Gethin Jenkins was one but he obviously had had to go due to his unlucky face or unlucky underpants or whatever it was.
    Gethin Jenkins was the first. Alan Whiteley was the second. Finance Director Doug Lee, who apparently had a very good reputation locally, was also shown the door.