+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using CCMB on mobile

Using CCMB on mobile

Re: Using CCMB on mobile

**** off Baker.

Always makes me think I'm one accidental screentouch from downloading a virus. Don't trust those popups.

People always said this board was being taken over by the PC brigade. Is that because it only works on Windows?

Awesome if you really wanted to visit trivagos site and went on ccmb by mistake mind.

Mike is the Russell Slade of message boards - many problems staring him in the face and not a clue what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 13:54
    Is your Ode to Bothroyd still on youtube Bakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:01
    Awesome if you really wanted to visit trivagos site and went on ccmb by mistake mind.
    Bit OTT, I'm sure it's out of his control but something does need to be done as mobile browsing dominates desktop these days.

On my (android) phone I use a different browser (Dolphin) with javascript disabled solely for viewing ccmb.

I don't get any ads or pop-ups that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:05
    Mike is the Russell Slade of message boards - many problems staring him in the face and not a clue what to do.
    Mike either disappears from a thread when asked directly to fix it, or says something along the ines of 'works fine on my iphone 7 - shut up and go away'. Denial of problems or walks away, very Slade like IMO, they even have the same hair don't.

Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:03
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPUF_VOrOOI
    Literally unbearable.
    Ah no. They all got deleted with my old YT account. Would love to watch em again

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:09
    Bit OTT, I'm sure it's out of his control but something does need to be done as mobile browsing dominates desktop these days.
    God knows, I know he's a very fair man though so I doubt he's doing it because he can't be arsed.

A thinly veiled "I can't have a wank over the adverts during my lunch-break" post IMO NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by Baker wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPUF_VOrOOI
    Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:03
    Literally unbearable.
    Is your Ode to Bothroyd still on youtube Bakes?
    Ah right, probably for the best although that one was the funniest.

PC with Adblocker plus and Chrome no probs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:09
    I thought you were able to remove an avatar but not add a new one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:18
    A thinly veiled "I can't have a wank over the adverts during my lunch-break" post IMO NQAT
    Don't judge everyone on what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:26
    I use Adblock, I've never seen a CCMB advert in my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:28
    Answer your f**kin whatsapp message mun.
    Never seen one on my PC, on my phone it's like a magical mystery tour of random shit.

Today was the first day I actually could not reach the CCMB threads on my iPhone as the ASDA advert just kept popping up with no way of removing it.

So I have to use my laptop to view this site which I'd prefer not to do. Eventually I'll stop logging on because the intervals between using the site become longer and I'll forget.

My browsing is just habit not need - and like all good junkies a dose of forced withdrawal is needed to kick the habit. So actually I should be grateful to Mike for not giving a shit - he's just trying to save us all from ourselves.

I've deleted the permanent link to CCMB off my iPhone now as there is no point in having it anymore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:28
    I use Adblock, I've never seen a CCMB advert in my life!!
    Same here, I have turned it off to see what it looks like without it, no thanks.

I have adblock on the pc browser so no problems there. The phone is a different story - android - and with the stock browser it's near impossible to look at the forum, until I realised you can install the same adblock on the firefox android browser and now it's back to normal again.

I recommend that baker/anyone else on android.

I'm sure there's an iphone solution too but I don't have one so no idea.

Welshyoot, cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:41
    I have adblock on the pc browser so no problems there. The phone is a different story - android - and with the stock browser it's near impossible to look at the forum, until I realised you can install the same adblock on the firefox android browser and now it's back to normal again.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:49
    I'll have a look at opera in a bit - I only just found out that firefox has a plethora of android addons - much like their pc browser, which is pretty exciting - sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:54
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 14:49
    I'm sure there's an iphone solution too but I don't have one so no idea.