+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WORRIED!

WORRIED!

I have always preferred to give managers time to get their jobs done. I was very patient with Ole - probably because I liked him - even though I still have no clue what he was trying to do. But it seems that Slade has taken this club even lower than Ole did. Therefore, I can understand why fans have little confidence in him. This is not because he comes from a lower league, but because our results and the 'attractiveness' of our 'football' has deteriorated considerably (sorry for all the inverted commas).

I am not saying he should go, but I am saying that we are back in an Ole situation made more serious by the possibility of relegation.

I really am worried, much more than I was when Ole was in charge.

Sorry, I had to share that - but league 1 is not the end of the world - I suppose.

Re: WORRIED!

Well I'm saying he should go

Quote Originally Posted by Will's left hand wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 19:51
    Otherwise - we would be wise - to stick rather than go.

Quote Originally Posted by Will's left hand wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 19:51
    He shouldn't have come

my problem is what value for money are we getting now... what kind of quality football does £350-£400 a season ticket get you in league 1

we are fickle fans but we are also entitled to vote with our feet

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 21:09
    my problem is what value for money are we getting now... what kind of quality football does £350-£400 a season ticket get you in league 1
    I can never hold the pencil properly between my toes.

strange seeing as you have 6 on each foot.

Slade is the sort of person you would want to talk you down off the ledge.

He is, funnily enough, the same person some fans will blame for putting them on the ledge in the first place.

You aren't sure he can hack it. I'm convinced he cannot

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 21:09
    That's easy to answer, you're watching it week in week out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Wed, 11 February 2015 22:55
    No optimism there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 09:37
    No optimism there then.
    I'm optimistic that I am correct. I'm also optimistic about next season because Slade won't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 09:51
    No optimism there then.
    I'm optimistic that I am correct. I'm also optimistic about next season because Slade won't be here.
    But if we do go down - and on current form that is likely - we will have a ready made, experienced League 1 manager in place (who could get us relegated to League 2).

I'm always the optimist where city are concerned - even when we were 2 down against Bury I was convinced we'd be ok - but now even I accept that things aren't looking good. I really would have thought that we could get something positive from the Brighton match but I was shocked by how well they dominated the game and passed the ball around. If they had punch up front they would have ripped us a new one.

This side really has no belief, no direction, no ambition and sadly all that must come from the manager whose job it is to provide all of the aforementioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 10:04
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 09:51
    No optimism there then.
    But if we do go down - and on current form that is likely - we will have a ready made, experienced League 1 manager in place (who could get us relegated to League 2).
    We will probably survive, but that is in spite of Slade, not because of Slade. And I'd still say 25/1 is amazing odds for us to get relegated. It will be a hell of a lot closer than that.

He should never have been hired in the first place. And the sooner he is sacked the better. It's all about survival now and NOTHING he done sone so far gives me the merest glimmer of hope that he is up to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 11:35
    This.
    I can't really argue with that at the moment, but maybe he'll prove us all wrong eh! (still worried).

How many points do we need to stay up now and can we do it in draws? I feel for Slade but equally cannot see us winning too many more under him.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:44
    How many points do we need to stay up now and can we do it in draws? I feel for Slade but equally cannot see us winning too many more under him.
    Birmingham stayed up on goal difference with 44 points last season. I struggle to see where we'll get another 14!

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 20:47
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:44
    Birmingham stayed up on goal difference with 44 points last season. I struggle to see where we'll get another 14!
    Some people are saying that there are more than three teams that are worse than us. Well they must be pretty bad to be worse than us at the moment - and we have to face the fact that unless we improve we will be down - that's the stark reality Slade should be getting the players to grasp - rather than playing down the suggestion that we could get involved in a relegation battle.

I foresee City inching their way with bore draws and the odd ugly 1-0 win to near safety but needing a win in their last home game against (probably) already relegated Blackpool to make sure.